• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Still interesting how they predicted both MH and Dante though. Dante was the posterboy for Capcom speculation.
MH is an easy guess since it was a mii costum that hadn’t returned yet when others were returning

Dante isn’t as much of an easy guess but Considering how popular and talked about he’s been, sooner or later people were gonna start to put him in leaks as a mii costume

I can’t get behind this leak because of how infuriatingly vague it is. Especially the part where they put “this company was expected to get base roster content but didn’t which surprised many people” and the people automatically link it to Namco when no one expected Namco to get base roster content.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
The removal of Isaac and GS music from smash 4 was one of my worst smash moments ever.
Eh? I know the Isaac AT didn't return in Smash 4, but there wasn't any music removed. As far as I know Felix Battle/Doom Dragon remained. Actually GS music tracks went up by 1 with the addition of the Dark Dawn Overworld BGM, which is a strange addition to me. We've never had any Golden Sun:TBS music in Smash somehow.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Okay, so assuming this is real.
•We get a non violent Capcom rep (Probably Phoenix)
•A Zelda Character as Bonus DLC after FP2
•Waluigi after FP2
•Perhaps a Fortnite Rep after FP2
• Something from Valve, Activision, Epic, Sega, and Steel Wool

What Makes Us Believe it?
•Vague Statements that fit Pyra and Mythra
•Getting it right that Dante and Mon Hun are Miis
•A somewhat Impressive prediction that fits Kazuya (though I didn’t see much Bamco talk during base.)
•Getting it right that we’d receive content from Gamefreak, Arc Sys, Konami, Monolith, Microsoft, and Bamco.

Incredibly skeptical about this. I could see 1 Bonus rep after FP2, but 3 is a big ole stretch for me. It has gotten a fair bit right, but I doubt it gets much farther. My guess is that it got this far by being vague yet tossing out a lot of big names. It has heavy Phoenix Implications though so thats always a plus :)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
•Waluigi after FP2

•Vague Statements that it Pyra and Mythra
•Getting it right that Dante is a Mii
•A genuinely Impressive prediction that fits Kazuya
•Getting it right that we’d receive content from Gamefreak, Arc Sys, Konami, Monolith, Microsoft, and Bamco.

Incredibly skeptical about this. I could see 1 Bonus rep after FP2, but 3 is a big ole stretch for me. It has gotten a fair bit right, but I doubt it gets much farther. It has heavy Phoenix Implications though so thats always a plus :)
Steel Wool… ain’t they behind FNAF stuff? I doubt this

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Definitely. A hero kind of situation would be the best possible option.
I don’t see a Hero situation being possible because the various SMT protagonists are just different enough to warrant different attacks.

Demi-Fiend really isn’t accurately represented with a sword as opposed to his fist, nor does he have a gun or a comp, and Nahobino doesn’t have a gun either(he might still have a comp though) while he does have a sword, and Flynn and Nanashi are much more like the Strange Journey protagonist in terms of weapons while the earlier SMT protagonists can’t use magic. They obviously excluded some Dragon Quest heroes from the Hero character skins because some of them are different(like 2’s hero not being able to use magic or 5’s not using a sword), but SMT protags are even more varied.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
•Waluigi after FP2

•Vague Statements that it Pyra and Mythra
•Getting it right that Dante is a Mii
•A somewhat Impressive prediction that fits Kazuya (though I didn’t see much Bamco talk during base.)

Incredibly skeptical about this. I could see 1 Bonus rep after FP2, but 3 is a big ole stretch for me. It has gotten a fair bit right, but I doubt it gets much farther. It has heavy Phoenix Implications though so thats always a plus :)
i don’t think anyone expected Namco to get base roster content. Not one single person. If anything it felt like a statement that was for sega because most expected shadow to be a clone of sonic but because of how vague this leak is it can be linked to whoever gets in

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Steel Wool… ain’t they behind FNAF stuff? I doubt this
Yes, they are. I guess the implication is for Spirits or Miis. Really picking up doubt from me as well.
i don’t think anyone expected Namco to get base roster content. Not one single person. If anything it felt like a statement that was for sega because most expected shadow to be a clone of sonic but because of how vague this leak is it can be linked to whoever gets in
I do remember some Tekken talk, but that was shut down quick due to Sakurais 4 quotes.

This really does feel like its falling into standard fake leak vagueness.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Yeah pretty much, the only Namco talk during base was Heihachi mostly but there wasn't much due to what Sakurai said about Heihachi in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think this was more aimed at Final Fantasy VII and Sephiroth in particular, since FFVII had the bare minimum of content at base

OP just had a severe case of the:079:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe you.

Real men want to squeeze DQ Slimes.
Dragon Quest is my favorite series, it has been since I got DW1 and DW2 on my gbc when I was trying to find DWM.

Dragon Quest’s medieval time period, it’s simple but fun gameplay, and its slightly darker themes keep me interested through the years(I hope they don’t screw up DQXII).

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
I genuinely expected digdug to be base roster, tbh I wouldn’t even be surprised if the next dlc was a namco character either

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean.

I kind of want this to be real because Phoenix Wright is amazing and I love him but...

I don't believe this. Like at all.

This reeks of wish fulfillment. Especially the part about more after the pass.

Now, that said, it did get something relatively tricky right. Dante as a Mii costume. It's worth watching for that reason.

But like, I'd bet money against it.

though I didn’t see much Bamco talk during base
i don’t think anyone expected Namco to get base roster content. Not one single person.
There was a fair amount of talk about Tekken and Tales of. Mostly Tekken. Back then, Tekken just seemed like the most logical choice to include.

And hey, we were right. :ultkazuya:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honest question about the pic though.

In the bottom right corner, it seems to show data slots for each of the FP announcements, and then one for the pass as a whole, with one blank spot after fighter eleven.

Is that real?

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
So like, Okami 2 when?

I mean Okami has been ported multiple times but surely all those sales combined should be enough to warrant a sequel, right?
Ikumi Nakamura, who I believe was the lead art director for Okami, said she plans on pitching an Okami sequel to Capcom when the pandemic dies down, so there may be some hope!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honest question about the pic though.

In the bottom right corner, it seems to show data slots for each of the FP announcements, and then one for the pass as a whole, with one blank spot after fighter eleven.

Is that real?
Yes, Its real. Its a currently unkown unused space within the fighter´s pass 2. What it means if anything, its anyone´s guess.

kylexv

Smash Master
This week's tourney is...

Bumper Bonanza! This tourney will be filled with the Bumper item!

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This week's tourney is...

Bumper Bonanza! This tourney will be filled with the Bumper item!
Finally.

Smash as it was truly meant to be.

ALL HAIL THE BUMPER!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know how in sitcoms some characters have funny habits and traits that they refuse to change and toss out no matter the situation?

Thats what it feels like hearing you talk about assists.

Everywhere you look! Everywhere you look!

You won't stop! You won't stop!

BRINGING UP ATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom