• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Even if he isn't a nice guy, I can't attest one way or another, to basically commit internet seppuku all in the name of being done with leaking when he could have just stayed quiet and not done anything, thus quitting leaking in silence and what dignity...he'd do this instead? This was the more logical or appealing outcome to him? Seems...odd.
Honestly, seems to just be Occam's razor.

He saw a leak that was being hyped up on ResetERA, and saw the 4 Champions leak that had a bunch of small chainlinks locking into place with one another.

Vergeben hadn't leaked anything since Byleth, to which he admits that he had only gotten the info 5 minutes before the presentation, and before that, his actual DLC track record was really poor, only getting 2-3 things total. From the looks of it, he just wanted a quick boost of cred, and it blew up.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Honestly, seems to just be Occam's razor.

He saw a leak that was being hyped up on ResetERA, and saw the 4 Champions leak that had a bunch of small chainlinks locking into place with one another.

Vergeben hadn't leaked anything since Byleth, to which he admits that he had only gotten the info 5 minutes before the presentation, and before that, his actual DLC track record was really poor, only getting 2-3 things total. From the looks of it, he just wanted a quick boost of cred, and it blew up.
I sat down, I ran the numbers and weighed the odds. But boy, am I bad at math.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

Vergeben admits that he had no idea who CP5 was until some rando on Gamefaqs PM'd him.

Doesn't that mean that his whole disconfirmation game back during TGA 2020's was a bunch of bull****?
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: without a doubt

I think post-Terry is when Nintendo started clamping down HARD on leaks. Min Min and Steve got lucky (or is it unlucky?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see two possibilities;

1. Verge was sick of the toxic behavior/being treated like trash, that he threw himself out to end it there. Then he never has to visit or be called upon again.
  2. He simply got bad information, and gave it a shot. It happens.

I see the second as more likely simply because honesty is a big deal to Verge. He never tells something unless he legit believes in it. So while him lying just one time in order to get out of the scene is possible, I feel his honesty shines through too. He'll never have perfect information(it didn't seem like he knew any other Heroes either, just Erdrick, and he didn't know what position in the pass he was in) either way. Nobody does. He didn't know if Isabelle was a clone or echo, for instance.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You know

Vergeben admits that he had no idea who CP5 was until some rando on Gamefaqs PM'd him.

Doesn't that mean that his whole disconfirmation game back during TGA 2019's was a bunch of bull****?
Not sure what you're getting at.

Verge was working through a middle man. The source of his Source wasn't saying anything other than who it wasn't. He wasn't PM'd by a rando with Byleth.

ZenythSmash ZenythSmash could probably provide more information on this.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not sure what you're getting at.

Verge was working through a middle man. The source of his Source wasn't saying anything other than who it wasn't. He wasn't PM'd by a rando with Byleth.

He did, he admits it himself.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
A thought occurred to me. Recall that purple background speculation for the last fighter in Smash Ultimate a few days ago? There's one character from Capcom that wasn't mentioned that does use purple prominently in his color scheme View attachment 319967
I haven't thought about that, but it's a good idea. If Hiryu happens, then I hope he gets a custom Instant KO explosion like in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Even if he isn't a nice guy, I can't attest one way or another, to basically commit internet seppuku all in the name of being done with leaking when he could have just stayed quiet and not done anything, thus quitting leaking in silence and what dignity he may/may not have...he'd do this instead? This was the more logical or appealing outcome to him? Seems...odd.
Some people are just self-destructive

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

That's a reddit PM and that's his source.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

He's not saying he was give the info by a rando there, though. It's just his Reddit source.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a reddit PM and that's his source.
Right, and there's a timestamp he provided in the image that shows it was very shortly before the presentation, which yes, he was PM'd it was Byleth shortly before the presentation. I don't see anything faulty in what I said.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Right, and there's a timestamp he provided in the image that shows it was very shortly before the presentation, which yes, he was PM'd it was Byleth shortly before the presentation. I don't see anything faulty in what I said.
The bold is the incorrect statement here. The person who PM'd him is the same person he's had throughout Smash speculation with the one exception being his current blunder.

Shroob

Sup?
The bold is the incorrect statement here. The person who PM'd him is the same person he's had throughout Smash speculation with the one exception being his current blunder.
Alright, I got the site wrong, but does that really matter that much? Regardless, I own up to that.

Can we say that with certainty for the other though? There's nothing saying this is his source tbh, for all we know this could be VRPlant or something.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Alright, I got the site wrong, but does that really matter that much? Regardless, I own up to that.

Can we say that with certainty for the other though? There's nothing saying this is his source tbh, for all we know this could be VRPlant or something.
I'm sure ZenythSmash ZenythSmash can confirm this. But Verge has had 3 Smash sources to my recollection, but He's only kept one. I see no reason to assume this is any different of a person, especially since the PM pictured is a Reply, making Verge the one who reached out to the responder.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly with a track record like Vergeben the only way to really quit the leaker game is to self-destruct. If he had just said "I'm out bye" he'd still get pestered about Smash and possibly other gaming leaks for any innocuous comment he made. It happens to people like Jon Cartwright who can't even make prediction videos or post otter pictures without people taking them as Smash hints. Really the only way to get people to stop treating you like a leaker is to destroy any credibility you have.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm sure ZenythSmash ZenythSmash can confirm this. But Verge has had 3 Smash sources to my recollection, but He's only kept one. I see no reason to assume this is any different of a person, especially since the PM pictured is a Reply, making Verge the one who reached out to the responder.
Alright, but again, removing the Gamefaqs and rando from my post, that still boils down to "He didn't know who CP5 was until minutes before the presentation", which is a truthful statement.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A thought occurred to me. Recall that purple background speculation for the last fighter in Smash Ultimate a few days ago? There's one character from Capcom that wasn't mentioned that does use purple prominently in his color scheme
Ah yes, the fighter that's literally catered to Max with every other happy camper being a happy coincidence. lol

He'd probably be neat, though Oroboros would probably break something.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
You know what, if Vergeben purposefully wanted to self-destruct, then it implies that he knew for a fact that Master Chief isn't in.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Honestly with a track record like Vergeben the only way to really quit the leaker game is to self-destruct. If he had just said "I'm out bye" he'd still get pestered about Smash and possibly other gaming leaks for any innocuous comment he made. It happens to people like Jon Cartwright who can't even make prediction videos or post otter pictures without people taking them as Smash hints. Really the only way to get people to stop treating you like a leaker is to destroy any credibility you have.
Self destructing doesn't seem likely. NWPlayer said the same **** and she was on the "I'm not a leaker, but this is what I heard and this is my insurance" camp. I think there's enough reasonable evidence that "MC in Smash" was out there and I'm sure Verge just wanted to jump on that train before it was too late as that would be a huge credibility boost. Methink he went back to his old tricks and regressed in this age of no information. He jumped the gun, which is something he's known to do since 2016.

Alright, but again, removing the Gamefaqs and rando from my post, that still boils down to "He didn't know who CP5 was until minutes before the presentation", which is a truthful statement.
Correct, That's a truthful statement. But his list was also factual even if he didn't know the character.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So ultimate community, what mii costumes may fit for Kazuya? Lets say there 5:

Fighting game IPs
Tekken (obvious lol, Jin, Nina, King, etc)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare, Valkyrie, etc)
Dead or Alive (Ayane, Kasumi)
Guilty Gear (Sol, who else?)
Street Fighter (Chun Li, Akuma, Guile)
Mortal Kombat (Scorpion with different colors)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
Ones that I could see include several Tekken characters from Jin, Nina, King, Lili, Lars and maybe Lucky Chloe?

Also one slight correction, Valkyrie was a costume for Sophitia Alexandria in SoulCalibur II I believe.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Lloyd Mii costume is pretty much guaranteed to be with Kazuya 100%. As for other Bandai Namco IPs, Soul Calibur, Xenosaga, Klonoa, Digimon and Katamari would be good picks for it

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Self destructing doesn't seem likely. NWPlayer said the same **** and she was on the "I'm not a leaker, but this is what I heard and this is my insurance" camp. I think there's enough reasonable evidence that "MC in Smash" was out there and I'm sure Verge just wanted to jump on that train before it was too late as that would be a huge credibility boost. Methink he went back to his old tricks and regressed in this age of no information. He jumped the gun, which is something he's known to do since 2016.
I'm not saying that's what he did. It's just that I saw people say "if he wanted out he could've just said so" and nah, it checks out. I don't really care why he said Master Chief, if a leaker gets something wrong I just write them off no questions asked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wouldn't that be the ****?

It skips this pack > Everyone debates if Lloyd actually got promoted/If CP11 is a sword user.... and it just got cut for some reason.
I stand corrected. It could become a Premiium instead. That's the worst. Well, maybe. Geno fans wanted that over a regular costume(with him being regular playable as best, but still).

Faso115

Smash Lord
I know Verg was one of those leakers fueling the flames back before Byleth's reveal but there was another dude who was even more insufferable and they only ever got like....what did they even get right anyway?

Haven't heard from them since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom