• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Screw WarioWare! Bring back Wario Land so it can be in Super Smash Bros. too!

Sigh, I suppose as the only remaining life for Rhythm Heaven I guess it can live too. In all seriousness though what exactly is Mario Party Superstars? I thought it was just DLC for Super Mario Party.
Nope. Mario Party Superstars is a new game, not DLC.

And I do absolutely want Wario Land back, but at the same time, I wouldn't wish WarioWare's demise for it. One because I do enjoy the other characters of WarioWare(seriously, bring them to Mario Kart already). Two because I understand why people enjoy them, as I enjoyed the Wii game. And three, I don't want to curl the monkey paw by Wario Land coming back, but not doing well and we lose both Wario Land and WarioWare.

Edit: would've posted this sooner, but internet over here is being bad.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I disagree it isn't cool at all.

Half joking aside, I doubt it. First of all, the remakes need to sell well and while I don't doubt that they'll turn up a profit, I do doubt they'll sell gangbusters as like already mentioned, Japan didn't get it at E3 at all and there's also how it doesn't seem to have a physical release, which is generally a sign that a publisher lacks confidence, doubly so as I get the feeling Wayforward were the ones who approached Nintendo for this. Then there's actual fan demand, I don't see the main trio being popular enough requests to catch Nintendo's attention, though to be fair I don't know about how popular they were in Brawl which changes my perspective.
there's also how it doesn't seem to have a physical release
Physical release has been listed on the website.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Physical release has been listed on the website.

View attachment 319707
The Andy support thread owner told me on Discord early but it doesn't seem to have a physical release for the EU, my local retailer which has SMTV, Dread, Superstars and more... Didn't have AW at all.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
So, what spirit board and music do you think they will include here? Will be based on Tekken 7 artwork?. Here is a list of my guesses.

Spirits (10)
Heihachi Mishima
Jin Kazama
King
Nina Williams
Yoshimitsu
Paul Phoenix
Jack
Marshall Law
Ling Xiaoyu
Alisa Bosconovitch

Music
Each song from different tekken fighters, like Street Fighter or Arms music. I imagine only a remix of Kazuya theme. Maybe 20 songs ?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I doubt the Advance wars remake will really change something for Andy's chance for the next Smash. At this point Andy could get in as a retro rep, but I don't think those remakes will sell like hot cakes and really bring back Advance wars as a big franchise.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly I doubt the Advance wars remake will really change something for Andy's chance for the next Smash. At this point Andy could get in as a retro rep, but I don't think those remakes will sell like hot cakes and really bring back Advance wars as a big franchise.
All it needs is a big YouTube/Twitch gamer playing it and it’ll become popular

source: am Twitch streamer I’m sadly not popular though :drsad:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey, at least it's something. Punch-Out Wii did moderately well but didn't set the world on fire (even though it should have), still it was enough to revitalize interest in the series / characters and push Little Mac to the forefront to get him into Smash 4 anyway. Still no new Punch-Out game in sight, to my frustration, but one game did the trick.

Switch games have been selling like hot cakes pretty much by default so I think a lot of that also depends on how much Nintendo wants to market it. Seeing how they even pushed pretty hard for Famicom Detective Club I imagine Advance Wars will get a nice boost.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm surprised nobody seems to have suggested a game since Kazuya tbh. If the next fighter was from another franchise that got a Mii costume but not the characters that got the costumes, who would you like? The Miis for those who don't remember are:

Morgana, Yu, Teddie, Makoto, Tails, Knuckles, DQ Veronica, Erdrick, Martial Artist class, Slime, Goemon, Proto Man, Zero, Team Rocket, Sans, Nakoruru, Ryo, Iori, Akira, Jacky, Altaïr, Rabbid, X, Mega Man.exe, Cuphead, Ninjara, Heihachi, Vault Boy, Callie, Marie, Creeper, Pig, Diamond Armour, Gil, Bomberman, Travis, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Chocobo, Geno, Monster Hunter, Felyne and Arthur

Feel like we may get some interesting choices nobody considers like Firebrand

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Seems to me you're writing this off very quickly. Don't be so quick to count us out.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Hey, at least it's something. Punch-Out Wii did moderately well but didn't set the world on fire (even though it should have), still it was enough to revitalize interest in the series / characters and push Little Mac to the forefront to get him into Smash 4 anyway. Still no new Punch-Out game in sight, to my frustration, but one game did the trick.

Switch games have been selling like hot cakes pretty much by default so I think a lot off that also depends on how much Nintendo wants to market it. Seeing how they even pushed pretty hard for Famicom Detective Club I imagine Advance Wars will get a nice boost.
That is fair, but with Smash 4 we were getting way more new franchise first party (like Punch out, Wii fit, Duck hunt, Xenoblade (which at the time of Smash 4 was pretty small)). Now that Smash add way less new first party franchise (Ultimate only got 2) and they're mostly adding new third party, I don't see Advance wars being really high priority.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm surprised nobody seems to have suggested a game since Kazuya tbh. If the next fighter was from another franchise that got a Mii costume but not the characters that got the costumes, who would you like? The Miis for those who don't remember are:

Morgana, Yu, Teddie, Makoto, Tails, Knuckles, DQ Veronica, Erdrick, Martial Artist class, Slime, Goemon, Proto Man, Zero, Team Rocket, Sans, Nakoruru, Ryo, Iori, Akira, Jacky, Altaïr, Rabbid, X, Mega Man.exe, Cuphead, Ninjara, Heihachi, Vault Boy, Callie, Marie, Creeper, Pig, Diamond Armour, Gil, Bomberman, Travis, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Chocobo, Geno, Monster Hunter, Felyne and Arthur

There’s your CP11, enjoy

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Tbf, I did suggest Ezio as a counter to Altair's outfit before.

While they're not fro the same series but rather just the same company Altair and the Rabbids tie in with Rayman
Vault Boy.. idk about a Fallout protagonist, but Bethesda similarities with, say, Dovahkiin are a think.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If the next fighter was from another franchise that got a Mii costume but not the characters that got the costumes, who would you like?
I would be over the moon if we got more Undertale content somehow. I don't think it's likely at all but it would make me happy.

Otherwise uh... I'd like classic red jacket Travis? I don't think that counts, lmao. The more exciting / practical prospects come moreso from general companies I originally wrote off (like Capcom) rather than the series that got costumes directly.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Seems to me you're writing this off very quickly. Don't be so quick to count us out.
CaptaineCrash right now after the Andy support thread OP came here for the first time in years

For real though I really did not like my time with Advance Wars and will absolutely not buy this but I do hope it does well if not only so Nintendo can outsource more ****

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Honestly I could see Frisk getting in at this point, especially if Nintendo saw the huge positive reaction to Sans and they want to expand the Undertale universe with more content.

I guess Rayman too if you count him as being in the same franchise as Rabbids.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Octoling and Frisk are 2 characters that I think have a decent chance. I would be ecstatic for Frisk.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
For the music we'll get I can see a few songs from each mainline Tekken game alongside TTT
Maybe a few Soulcalibur tracks as well if we're lucky.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
That is fair, but with Smash 4 we were getting way more new franchise first party (like Punch out, Wii fit, Duck hunt, Xenoblade (which at the time of Smash 4 was pretty small)). Now that Smash add way less new first party franchise (Ultimate only got 2) and they're mostly adding new third party, I don't see Advance wars being really high priority.
Perhaps the next Smash won't push as hard into 3rd party representation? I'd love for Smash 6 to be a legacy style game where they dig deep into the archives for 1st party representation. (or else we might never see Mike Jones again :()

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Eggman is an obvious pick here, but I'm seeing some choices for two other asshole villains.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eggman is an obvious pick here, but I'm seeing some choices for two other asshole villains.

You know, I've said it before, but it's so weird there's nothing related to Rugal in the game, at most being central to what inspired Terry's trailer as the invitation was from him in the OG cinematic

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
CaptaineCrash right now after the Andy support thread OP came here for the first time in years

For real though I really did not like my time with Advance Wars and will absolutely not buy this but I do hope it does well if not only so Nintendo can outsource more ****
I mean, I post here once in a while but conversations here are usually a loop and whatnot which is why I avoid posting here often. That being said, I appreciate the sentiment. :)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem Awakening was seen as the last brink chance for the series as well.

As long as they market it well anything is possible.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

I gotta throw out the best possible KOF rep, my man Lucky Glauber

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

My picks are Eggman, Ezio, and Octoling.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Perhaps the next Smash won't push as hard into 3rd party representation? I'd love for Smash 6 to be a legacy style game where they dig deep into the archives for 1st party representation. (or else we might never see Mike Jones again :()
That would be nice; limit the third party stuff to stuff Nintendo actually own at least a couple games from; maybe Sonic and one other Nintendo franchise's legacy rival.

Technomage

Smash Champion

Hmm, the one I'd like the most, out of all eligible series, is Eggman.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't know if they'd be salty
But how salty would Rayman fans be if we got Ezio?
I mean, Rayman and Assassin's Creed fans are already mortal enemies. Like Rayman fans and Rabbid fans. Or Rayman fans and other Rayman fans. Damn Rayman fans, they ruined Rayman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom