• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Ok so

Hero & Sephiroth: Square Enix
Banjo & Steve: Microsoft
Terry & Kazuya: Fighting games
Min Min & Byleth: missed base roster

…this ones a stretch but I’m guessing;

Joker & Pyra/Mythra: from extremely popular best selling JRPGs

… what would that make Piranha Plant’s parallel then? A generic minion? A Nintendo character nobody expects?
This is how Lynel wins.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
“Second chance” theory again ? Now can be applied to smash 4 fighters??

Chorus Kids arise from their graves

Technomage

Smash Champion
Mario Party Superstars is a new mario Party game that is exactly what The Top 100 should have been. And it's not DLC for SMP because of 2 big reasons. The normal dice is 1-10 from the old games awhile SMP's is 1-6. Secondly no partners to get for the character dice, which also isn't going to be in. Superstars will have 5 boards from 1-3 and minigames will have 100 from 1-10.
Speaking of boards, we have 2 spots left. The 3 confirmed boards are Peach's Birthday Cake, Space Land, and Woody Woods. All of these boards are 2 star difficulties. So the last 2 have to be a 1 star board and a 3 star board. Here's the list I made for each difficulty:
1 star difficulty:
Mario's Rainbow Castle - MP1
DK's Jungle Adventure - MP1
Pirate Land - MP2
Western Land - MP2
Chilly Waters - MP3
Deep Blooper Sea - MP3

3 star difficulty:
Luigi's Engine Room - MP1
Bowser's Magma Mountain - MP1
Eternal Star - MP1
Horror Land - MP2
Bowser Land - MP2
Creepy Cavern - MP2
Waluigi's Island - MP3

My picks are Mario's Rainbow Castle and Waluigi's Island. Now if there's DLC, my other picks will be Western Land, Chilly Waters, Luigi's Engine Room, and Horror Land. What are your picks?
My picks are Wario's Battle Canyon, Western Land, Bowser Land, Waluigi's Island, Shy Guy's Jungle Jam, E. Gadd's Garage, and all Mario Party 8 boards.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Kinda random but alongside Lloyd's costume, which is a given for Kazuya's presentation, it would be nice if we could get a swordfighter costume for Yuri Lowell. I'd be happy with that.

Maybe a Nightmare costume as well? A Dark Souls costume?

I think a costume for Jin is a given, hopefully for his Tekken 3 design.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Kinda random but alongside Lloyd's costume, which is a given for Kazuya's presentation, it would be nice if we could get a swordfighter costume for Yuri Lowell. I'd be happy with that.

I'd also like a Mokunjin Mii costume, especially if it has a tiny Pac-Man piloting it. XD

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Give me a King Mii Brawler costume. One of the Brawler's custom moves is pretty much already a German Suplex so it's a good fit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don’t we literally have a fighting bear in Tekken named Kuma

and arent the Mishimas (Heihachi and Kazuya at least) known for outlandish “executions” like didn’t Heihachi strap someone to a rocket

…and the first execution in Danganronpa is trapping a guy in a rocket

we’re getting a Monokuma Mii y’all bookmark this

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Bigger != higher priority though. Disregarding disconfirmations, a Capcom character could easily be Dante, Nero, Monster Hunter, Jill, Leon, Chris, Wesker, Mega Man X, Zero, Chun-Li, M. Bison, or maaaaybe Phoenix Wright, Morrigan, or Arthur.
Zero would make my day
Dante as well but ain't no way in hell he's happening at this point

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

and arent the Mishimas (Heihachi and Kazuya at least) known for outlandish “executions” like didn’t Heihachi strap someone to a rocket

Ok that could kinda in with that Dangaronpa game that got revealed at e3
Ayo?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Watch it just be Kuma and Panda

Technomage

Smash Champion

Actually, we have 2 fighting bears, though only one of them is named Kuma.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Now aside the final character coming this Fall, can we about the rumored DLC after FP11? What could it be?
If there's any DLC rumored after CP11, then it'd probably just be balance patches and spirit events (and maybe even new Mii costumes, if we're lucky).

And a fighting kangaroo duo probably named Joey
The baby kangaroo's name is actually Roger Jr. (though his mom's name is unknown).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we get a parallel to Piranha Plant, imagine if we get a Waddle Dee.

Not even Bandana Waddle Dee, just some generic Waddle Dee who can use everything they're known for except Bandana Dee's spear.

Some other options:
  • Goomba
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Shy Guy
  • Thwomp
  • Deku Baba (Piranha Plant echo???)
  • Deku Scrub
  • Lizalfos, Dinolfos and Stalfos (I made a thread for them but it didn't get much attention :>)
  • Octorok
  • Bronto Burt
  • Waddle Doo
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Bulborb
  • Bulbmin
  • Creeper (made a thread for it too, would be awesome if Steve, Alex, etc. came back in the next game and Creeper was added too)
  • Slime
  • Primid (I know a lot of people don't like the idea of a Smash-original character, but I'd personally love it)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Mario Party Superstars is a new mario Party game that is exactly what The Top 100 should have been. And it's not DLC for SMP because of 2 big reasons. The normal dice is 1-10 from the old games awhile SMP's is 1-6. Secondly no partners to get for the character dice, which also isn't going to be in. Superstars will have 5 boards from 1-3 and minigames will have 100 from 1-10.
Speaking of boards, we have 2 spots left. The 3 confirmed boards are Peach's Birthday Cake, Space Land, and Woody Woods. All of these boards are 2 star difficulties. So the last 2 have to be a 1 star board and a 3 star board. Here's the list I made for each difficulty:
1 star difficulty:
Mario's Rainbow Castle - MP1
DK's Jungle Adventure - MP1
Pirate Land - MP2
Western Land - MP2
Chilly Waters - MP3
Deep Blooper Sea - MP3

3 star difficulty:
Luigi's Engine Room - MP1
Bowser's Magma Mountain - MP1
Eternal Star - MP1
Horror Land - MP2
Bowser Land - MP2
Creepy Cavern - MP2
Waluigi's Island - MP3

My picks are Mario's Rainbow Castle and Waluigi's Island. Now if there's DLC, my other picks will be Western Land, Chilly Waters, Luigi's Engine Room, and Horror Land. What are your picks?

The best thing about this new Mario Party is online matchmaking. Nintendo has been pretending for way too long that everybody has a group of people that they constantly can play with. I'm glad Nintendo finally decided that online matchmaking with random people is a good idea.

Also the pro controller support is nice, that was the other thing I wanted in the new Mario Party ever since it was rumored. I got all I wanted from this game.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And a fighting panda named Panda.

And a fighting kangaroo duo probably named Joey
We have Roger, Rogers wife and Roger Jr who is just Dad Rogers son fighting in his moms, Rogers wifes, pouch

I love tekken

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I, for one, predicted a Namco rep way before it was revealed. I'd have considered Tekken was on the table had it not been because of the mii costume.

Speculation can make sense in hindsight, but we always hinder ourselves by putting some sort of fanrule before a character's inclusion.

And that has happened with each and every single reveal so far (all of them broke at least one):

-Min Min & Pyra/Mythra: Only the ''main'' character can join

-Steve: no way Microsoft is getting two reps, also too western heavy and hard to adapt

-Sephiroth: Self explanatory. Square is petty, no new songs, licensing nightmare, hard to balance, lack of demand, no second unique 3rd party reps, they'd rather get another FF in (lmao), etc.

-Pythra again: Rex mii means a XC2 rep is out

-Kazuya: lol, everyone was speculating every Namco rep on the sky but this dude. Literally the only thing that held a Tekken rep back from speculation was a silly mii costume from Sm4sh.

That's why I think the last one will be unexpected, no Shantae, Eggman, Crash, Master Chief or Dante (sadly).
I think it will be something among the lines of a promoted AT or a RE rep. Something literally nobody saw it was coming, which has also been a trend in this pass alongside the ''second chance'' theory.

If we've been predicting the wrong characters since we've been leaning to heavily on fan rules this whole time that means we should all realize our mistake and predict Walugi for the last character.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wait a goddamn second

Heihachi mii costume in wave 6 but wave 10’s fighter is Kazuya

We got Ubisoft and Bethesda costumes in waves 5 and 6 respectively.
Ladies and gentlemen, I think Rayman, Ezio, Doomguy, and Dovakhiin are 4 characters we should keep an eye on…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom