• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
With Min Min, Pyra/Mythra, and Kazuya, they've pretty much made it clear that the choice that makes the most sense won't always make the cut. How do you guys feel about that and what other games and series do you think that will happen with (aside from Tales because we've pretty much exhausted that topic)?

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Technomage

Smash Champion
Wait a goddamn second

Heihachi mii costume in wave 6 but wave 10’s fighter is Kazuya

We got Ubisoft and Bethesda costumes in waves 5 and 6 respectively.
Ladies and gentlemen, I think Rayman, Ezio, Doomguy, and Dovakhiin are 4 characters we should keep an eye on…
There's also the fact that Sakurai never addressed that Iceberg theory.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Wait a goddamn second

Ladies and gentlemen, I think Rayman, Ezio, Doomguy, and Dovakhiin are 4 characters we should keep an eye on…
I'm pretty sure they just released Heihachi's costume early as a tease so people wouldn't think we'd get a Tekken character.

Clearly it worked.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something interesting; in Kazuya’s trailer and on his page it says “TEKKEN SERIES IS RATED TEEN BY ESRB”

but they didn’t retroactively put on Joker’s page “PERSONA 5 RATED MATURE BY THE ESRB” or for Sephiroth’s page, “FINAL FANTASY VII RATED TEEN BY THE ESRB”

likely means nothing in the long run, just wanted to point it out

Stratos

Smash Ace
If the live unicycle from Uniracers could come as a newcomer to Super Smash Bros. series, we would have a character who is not a human, nor an animal, nor an alien, nor a robot, nor a monster, nor a strange or a magic creature, but a living object.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Here is my opinion on the Rayman ice theory

I don't think they put Rayman in the ice back in 2019 (before FP2 was decided) so they could then reveal him 2 years later in 2021.
bro it literally looks like rayman, even if its not him there's definitely a figure in the ice
Well, if it's not Rayman, who else could it be?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With Min Min, Pyra/Mythra, and Kazuya, they've pretty much made it clear that the choice that makes the most sense won't always make the cut. How do you guys feel about that and what other games and series do you think that will happen with (aside from Tales because we've pretty much exhausted that topic)?
Not really likely but maybe Mortal kombat, the most discussed fighter is usually Scorpion but they could also add Sub-zero, Liu Kang, Raiden or Johnny Cage which are all either very popular too or important to the story.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Vergil from Devil May Cry? He's honestly just as important as Dante in most games aside from DMC 2, which is the bad one.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and what other games and series do you think that will happen with (aside from Tales because we've pretty much exhausted that topic)?
This isn't a will, but could:
King of Fighters: Iori
Virtua Fighter: Jacky
Samurai Shodown: Haohmaru if you consider Nakoruru the choice that "makes sense"
Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero
Mega Man subseries: Tron Bonne (yes this is because of MvC)
Rhythm Heaven: Reporter & Wrestler
Golden Sun: Jenna

Yes I know most of these are fighting games, and one is due to a fighter.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Splatoon getting a non-Octoling rep has been my theory for a while. I could also see Zelda getting anyone to be honest, Dixie Kong might be upstaged by her geriatric friend maybe Bandana Dee gets Sakurai’d in favor of a galaxy destroying dark lord threat. Assasin’s Creed could not get Ezio for some reason and there’s someway, somehow, there’s always Undertale

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Something interesting; in Kazuya’s trailer and on his page it says “TEKKEN SERIES IS RATED TEEN BY ESRB”

but they didn’t retroactively put on Joker’s page “PERSONA 5 RATED MATURE BY THE ESRB” or for Sephiroth’s page, “FINAL FANTASY VII RATED TEEN BY THE ESRB”

likely means nothing in the long run, just wanted to point it out
I was going to say this was kind of weird given that Sephiroth was released so recently relative to Kazuya, but then I realized Sephiroth was released six months ago.

Holy **** Sephiroth was released six months ago.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Regarding Mortal Kombat and fp2 using non-main chaaracters…

If scorpions too difficult to work with, sub-zero and Liu kang are there…
Sub-Zero would be cool, we lack ice users
Like CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash said
They're both still main characters.
The best option is Shang Tsung anyway

Stratos

Smash Ace
Not really likely but maybe Mortal kombat, the most discussed fighter is usually Scorpion but they could also add Sub-zero, Liu Kang, Raiden or Johnny Cage which are all either very popular too or important to the story.
I count Liu Kang the protagonist of the series and Scorpion who is the mascot of the series.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Well, if it's not Rayman, who else could it be?
It's nor Rayman, there's probably just a bunch of random incomplete textures/shapes in the ice cube and your brain is making up that it's Rayman since you recognize what Rayman looks like.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Wait a goddamn second

I like to imagine that Sakurai and the team watch out for theories and change the character on the dime to keep people guessing.

Dev guy: Sakurai! The fans have come up with Hero vs Villains theory!
Sakurai: Remove Eggman and replace him with Rayman!
Dev guy: Sakurai! The fans have come up with purple theory!
Sakurai: Remove Rayman and replace him with Master Chief!
Dev guy: Sakurai! The fans have come up with Parallel theory or something, I don't know!
Sakurai: Remove Master Chief and replace him with Kazuya Mishima!
Dev guy: Okay! We've stumped them for now!
Sakurai: Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom