• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
  • Smaller roster by over 50%
  • No Animal Crossing
  • No Pikmin
  • No Miis
  • No Wii Fit
  • No Bayonetta
  • No Xenoblade Chronicles
  • No Minecraft
  • No Splatoon
  • No ARMS
  • No Present or Future New IPs
  • No big 3rd party characters in general
  • Title evocative of the incredibly stale New Super Mario Bros. series.
I think pretty much everyone would agree that this would be a straight up downgrade.

I'm not sure if he's against reworks in general, but they definitely lost him with "extensive gimmicks".
You misread Twilord, no franchises that came out BEFORE Smash 64, not after, so no Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Pokemon, etc

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Tbf some moveset overhauls would be neat
Yeah, but I hate gimmicky character mechanics and he expressly suggested making everyone gimmicky.

• Smaller roster by over 50%
  • No Animal Crossing
  • No Pikmin
  • No Miis
  • No Wii Fit
  • No Bayonetta
  • No Xenoblade Chronicles
  • No Minecraft
  • No Splatoon
  • No ARMS
  • No Present or Future New IPs
  • No big 3rd party characters in general
  • Title evocative of the incredibly stale New Super Mario Bros. series.
I think pretty much everyone would agree that this would be a straight up downgrade.
You did it backwards. It's actually WAY WORSE than that.

I'm not sure if he's against reworks in general, but they definitely lost him with "extensive gimmicks".

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The next Smash Bros should take out all of the Nintendo characters and just fill it with third party ones at launch and then “release” the Nintendo characters periodically which are more or less locked paywalls on disc. Maximizes the profits as well as the douchebaggery.
Kirby's gonna be hard af to unlock smh

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What is this, the losers bracket?

I like both these characters, calm down.
You're just standing outside the shed where this violent fisticuff is taking place, you hear like "OW! OOF! KER-POW!" and all that and then they both walk out all beaten up and swollen and whatever and the mailman guy who delivers the invitation envelopes is like "So this is awkward but... neither of you got the invitation, it actually went to Big the Cat, his frog ate the invitation along with a Chaos Emerald. Sorry about that. Hope your injuries heal :) "

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You misread Twilord, no franchises that came out BEFORE Smash 64, not after, so no Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Pokemon, etc
You did it backwards. It's actually WAY WORSE than that.
Oh...

Oh that's even worse.

I don't think I could even recognize a Smash game without any characters from Melee and prior. Also, the new characters are more often than not the characters that don't need reworks. It would be kinda pointless.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're just standing outside the shed where this violent fisticuff is taking place, you hear like "OW! OOF! KER-POW!" and all that and then they both walk out all beaten up and swollen and whatever and the mailman guy who delivers the invitation envelopes is like "So this is awkward but... neither of you got the invitation, it actually went to Big the Cat, his frog ate the invitation along with a Chaos Emerald. Sorry about that. Hope your injuries heal :) "
Finally, Smash is a game worth playing.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So I am probably ABSOLUTELY late to this topic but like... a Tekken Spirit Board could be MAD!

I'd be shocked if there isn't a Heihachi spirit of some kind, maybe even two with younger Heihachi and older Heihachi

But like... they could go NUTS.

King/Armor King spirit battle with Incineroar

Nina Williams battle with Zero Suit

Steve Fox with Little Mac

Bob with Wario Or King K Rool

Alex with Yoshi/King K Rool constantly forward smashing

Angel with Pit/Palutena

Ancient Ogre with Ganondorf

Devil Jin with Dark Pit

Alisa with pink Villager with a jet pack

Combot with R.O.B.

They could go on and on and on

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I am probably ABSOLUTELY late to this topic but like... a Tekken Spirit Board could be MAD!

I'd be shocked if there isn't a Heihachi spirit of some kind, maybe even two with younger Heihachi and older Heihachi

But like... they could go NUTS.

King/Armor King spirit battle with Incineroar

Nina Williams battle with Zero Suit

Steve Fox with Little Mac

Bob with Wario Or King K Rool

Alex with Yoshi/King K Rool constantly forward smashing

Angel with Pit/Palutena

Ancient Ogre with Ganondorf

Devil Jin with Dark Pit

Alisa with pink Villager with a jet pack

Combot with R.O.B.

They could go on and on and on
I made a thread for that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Final Fighter Predictions GO!
I’m feeling like it’s probably Euden lmao.
I'm guessing a first party character - maybe Dixie Kong? I'd like to think that they wouldn't go with an obviously promotional pick, but at this point, I have no idea.

If we get a third party character, I'm somewhat conflicted. On one hand, I could see them going with a third party company that doesn't have a playable character in the game to add something fresh/unexpected. (Rayman? Crash Bandicoot? Sol Badguy? Ryu Hayabusa?) On the other hand, Capcom's the only third party company without a unique newcomer in this game, and they have a ton of options. (Phoenix Wright, Dante, Amaterasu, Morrigan, etc.)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really don't know, lmao. Especially not going to latch onto anything until we see the Mii Costumes on the 28th.

My mind drifts toward someone from Sega or Capcom, though. Capcom is back on the table after Kazuya proved our assumptions about costumes incorrect and yet the absence of Sega in FP2 altogether continues to be pretty odd. Both have plenty of great options to choose from.

I honestly think Chief could still happen too but I choose to tread cautiously on that one.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I’m feeling like it’s probably Euden lmao.
Well, going by the sole remaining music spot in the music test menu after Tekken takes one of the two remaining spots; either a 1st party character akin to Ayumi Tachibana, Advance Wars character, and a Rhythm Heaven character or a 3rd party rep like Shantae, Phoenix Wright, or Professor Layton

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Assuming Kaz would have his grab and shield buttons turned into attack buttons to emulate Tekken's limb system, how would he grab and shield?
I don't think they would do that, they'd likely will keep it the same but A being punch and b being kick

Dukefire

Smash Master
We already know, but just a reminder. Whoever is the last pick, the internet is prepared for salt and mudslinging towards that character.

I don't care about the results, but it is there.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Assuming Kaz would have his grab and shield buttons turned into attack buttons to emulate Tekken's limb system, how would he grab and shield?
For Grab, it would be using a Combination of Certain Attack buttons, typically a Punch and Kick button.

For Shield, Tekken character can block by just Standing still, though only Stand block. They also could somehow find a way to make it to where if you hold back as an attack comes, you can block it

To be honest, maybe they might not do this and instead have some sort of way to incorporate all the Attacks into just 2 Attacks Buttons. There's also inputs and states to put the attacks in. On the topic of throws, Kazuya actually had 5 throws shown, which means at least one of those throws are inputs

Twilord

Smash Ace
Oh...

Oh that's even worse.

I don't think I could even recognize a Smash game without any characters from Melee and prior. Also, the new characters are more often than not the characters that don't need reworks. It would be kinda pointless.

Yes but think of all the new franchises it would encourage people to discover.

Also people have told me they're sick of Pokémon and Fire-Emblem; aren't the rest just a small price to pay for fixing that issue?

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
true, it’s not like Nintendo will make a game that can’t even feature its own characters

TECHNICALLY it would still feature their own characters (and characters they publish); just none of the older ones. Shulk, Inkling, Isabelle, and Olimar are technically more first-party than Kirby or Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom