• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well guys, pack it up. We debunked the symbol
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'd play it hahahahahaha

Sonic's running around, pink squares bouncing out of his feet, then he just jumps out from behind a tree with an AR-15

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

"No more running Sonic. Now I am the one in charge"

Huh. No more jokes, they... added Metal Sonic to Colors Ultimate? The new "Rival Rush" mode has you racing Metal Sonic

"

‘Rival Rush’ Mode –

• Put your skills to the test and go head-to-head with Metal Sonic. Outrun Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
"

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
According to Jason Schreier in a now-deleted tweet, the Switch Pro could potentially be announced in the very, very near future.

Like, end of the day near future.

EDIT: Crashboards isn't letting me post the screencap of the tweet for some reason, so here's the link to the /v/ thread discussing this. It's /v/, so expect foul language and venture at your own risk and all that:

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
According to Jason Schreier, in a now-deleted tweet, the Switch Pro could potentially be announced in the very, very near future.

Like, end of the day near future.

EDIT: Crashboards isn't letting me post the screencap of the tweet for some reason, so here's the link to the /v/ thread discussing this. It's /v/, so expect foul language and venture at your own risk and all that:
It seems impossible that a direct would happen by the end of today, obviously... So does that mean Nintendo would unceremoniously shadowdrop new hardware on Twitter?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
They doin some digital pre-order obnoxiousness with Sonic Colors Ultimate.

You get movie Sonic's electric aura boost and gold and silver gloves (?)

And yeah, apparently they added Metal Sonic to Sonic Colors Ultimate via the Rival Rush thing (not just the cartoon) so he's... relevant again?

Standard Retail Physical Pre-Order – $39.99

• Exclusive Baby Sonic Keychain
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Standard – $39.99

• Sonic Movie Boost
    • Harness all the power of Sonic from the hit Paramount Pictures movie and gain an exclusive electric boost and aura.
  • Exclusive Player Icons
    • Stand out from the crowd with your own exclusive player icons.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Deluxe – $44.99

• Early Access
    • Hit the ground running and experience Sonic Colors Ultimate early on Friday September 3, 2021 at 6:00 PDT // 13:00 GMT.
  • Exclusive Player Icons
  • Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
    • Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons.
  • Ultimate Music Pack
    • Three exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It seems impossible that a direct would happen by the end of today, obviously... So does that mean Nintendo would unceremoniously shadowdrop new hardware on Twitter?
I imagine something similar to the original reveal of the Switch, where a trailer of people playing with the system in various locations and a brief glimpse at how some games would look on the system is dropped across social media.

Also, realizing that the Switch was revealed almost 5 years ago makes me feel so ****ing old.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They doin some digital pre-order obnoxiousness with Sonic Colors Ultimate.

You get movie Sonic's electric aura boost and gold and silver gloves (?)

And yeah, apparently they added Metal Sonic to Sonic Colors Ultimate via the Rival Rush thing (not just the cartoon) so he's... relevant again?

Standard Retail Physical Pre-Order – $39.99

• Exclusive Baby Sonic Keychain
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Standard – $39.99

• Sonic Movie Boost
    • Harness all the power of Sonic from the hit Paramount Pictures movie and gain an exclusive electric boost and aura.
  • Exclusive Player Icons
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Deluxe – $44.99

• Early Access
    • Hit the ground running and experience Sonic Colors Ultimate early on Friday September 3, 2021 at 6:00 PDT // 13:00 GMT.
  • Exclusive Player Icons
  • Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
    • Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons.
  • Ultimate Music Pack
    • Three exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman.
The cosmetics I can live without but paywalling MUSIC like that?! Oh helllllllll no

as a video game music stan this hurts my soul

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I imagine something similar to the original reveal of the Switch, where a trailer of people playing with the system in various locations and a brief glimpse at how some games would look on the system is dropped across social media.

Also, realizing that the Switch was revealed almost 5 years ago makes me feel so ****ing old.
Also the way they dropped the Switch Lite, for that matter.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wasn't Nintendo Switch Lite pretty much a Twitter/YouTube drop? I feel like that's definitely an option with Nintendo announcement these days.
I just imagine Nintendo, all greasy and fat wtih a shirt that's too small for him, hat on his head, straw dangling out of his mouth, he just comes into the room, drops the Switch Pro box on the table with a thud

"COUGH COUGH HACK HACK. Dere it is, da Switch Pro. Yeah dat's right, you found me out. You was right all along cough cough. Dere it is, now shutup and lemme go watch da game"

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think the Mega Man Zero ZX Collection had a similar thing, a handful of tracks got remixed and you can toggle them on and off in options
I know you could do that with Spyro Reignited's entire soundtrack basically. I fiddled with that thing CONSTANTLY hahahaha ended up settling for the originals because I mostly liked them better.

That would just be something new for Sonic Colors... it's just weird that it's locked behind a digital preorder lest this is secretly an early access thing?

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'm honestly wondering... how? Like, how does this work in game? Did they add a music selector or something?
I’d imagine there would be a new option in the options menu, “DLC Music On/Off.” It’d be kind of like when Mega Man 11 had something similar to that as a pre-order bonus that replaced the Robot Masters’ themes with acoustic remixes (although Capcom decided to be nice and made them free for everyone eventually.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know you could do that with Spyro Reignited's entire soundtrack basically. I fiddled with that thing CONSTANTLY hahahaha ended up settling for the originals because I mostly liked them better.

That would just be something new for Sonic Colors... it's just weird that it's locked behind a digital preorder lest this is secretly an early access thing?
Eh, Sega's gone mad with wanting to secure preorders, an early release date like what they JUST did with Nocturne HD's also weird as hell

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
E2aLc8jXIAEvdcB.jpg

So a couple things we can pull from this:

1. Sonic's either got some Wisp stuff going on, some weird new boost power (YOU GOT BOOST POWER! WHOOOOOA YOU'RE WAIT OUT IN FRONT!) or this new pink and blue effect is something entirely new, like a modern variant of Sonic CD's time travel or something. I'm assuming that SOMEHOW this is "the main gimmick" if you will. Perhaps even something to do with the Phantom Ruby yet?

2. The forest he's running through doesn't look like the goofy cartoony stuff we had been getting lately with Lost World and Forces. It looks much more realistic. I personally like that much better and can't wait to see more. Is this perhaps indicative that this Sonic will once again be more like the Adventure era with more realistic looking worlds or is this shot just special?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I don't know someone else already said this, but Zippo has been banned from ResetEra.
Strange that it happened only a year and a half after his FP5 goof (you know, the "Is FE third-party" thing).
I thought he was banned once before that, now he’s banned AGAIN?

was it cuz his leaks were fake (barring Sonic Colors ultimate)? If so welp, there’s reason to never take him seriously again

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
View attachment 316715

So a couple things we can pull from this:

1. Sonic's either got some Wisp stuff going on, some weird new boost power (YOU GOT BOOST POWER! WHOOOOOA YOU'RE WAIT OUT IN FRONT!) or this new pink and blue effect is something entirely new, like a modern variant of Sonic CD's time travel or something. I'm assuming that SOMEHOW this is "the main gimmick" if you will. Perhaps even something to do with the Phantom Ruby yet?

2. The forest he's running through doesn't look like the goofy cartoony stuff we had been getting lately with Lost World and Forces. It looks much more realistic. I personally like that much better and can't wait to see more. Is this perhaps indicative that this Sonic will once again be more like the Adventure era with more realistic looking worlds or is this shot just special?
Another note actually.

The "Sonic Team" and "2022" cards in the trailer have two different aesthetics. "Sonic Team" has a ruins aesthetic while "2022" has a holographic aesthetic.

Sonic transition.png

Perhaps lending more credence to the "modern variant of Sonic CD time travel" end of the speculation of point one?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just had a thought that could potentially backfire but could also lead to good things

what if they do another ballot? AFTER DLC ENDS so there’s no confusion.

I know I was against it before but if it’s after DLC ends and preparing for the next smash there should be less infighting... maybe not by much but still. Also, any non video game characters will be discarded obviously, as they have been

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I just had a thought that could potentially backfire but could also lead to good things

I know I was against it before but if it’s after DLC ends and preparing for the next smash there should be less infighting... maybe not by much but still. Also, any non video game characters will be discarded obviously, as they have been
I would be perfectly fine with that. In fact, I feel like they kinda have to, given how much things have changed...

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't see it being much of a use unless they're immediately starting on the development of another Smash game which seems highly unlikely atm.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

And they COULD use it for the next game's base roster. DLC too.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

It would make mid-game speculation more interesting and active, but I fear it would make Smash 6 speculation more toxic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And they COULD use it for the next game's base roster. DLC too.
Not just that, but ATs, stage cameos, final smash cameos

Source: I voted for Fiora for 4’s ballot and she was put in Shulk’s Final Smash for Ultimate. She’ll be one of my votes for this potential new ballot so she can break free of FS Hell

my other vote, Neku, will probably remain MIA after support ends

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I don't know someone else already said this, but Zippo has been banned from ResetEra.
Strange that it happened only a year and a half after his FP5 goof (you know, the "Is FE third-party" thing).
Past the fact that he should've been long gone by resetera's police state standards, deplatforming consistently unreliable "insiders" is for the best. Way too many people were lending him undeserved credence; his track record was incredibly shaky.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah, Final Fantasy VI was the first thing I thought of when playing Octopath Traveller. I think a remake in that style would be awesome. I’m really hoping we eventually see something with Chrono Trigger again as well.
When Chrono Trigger gets a remake, I don't want it to be that budget of a title. That **** deserves to look full-on ArcSys level.

This is asking for kids to be bullied
It normalizes it, which makes it less likely people get bullied for it in the future.

I'm totally down for it. Since so many of the previous top picks are likely in, it'd be interesting to see where all those freed up votes go now.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

i'm into it. i'll even play nice and only submit once, instead of filling it out for each character i want on a different computer like last time :y

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s basically the end of the speculation period so it’s hard to care now, but it’s good he was finally booted.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i'm into it. i'll even play nice and only submit once, instead of filling it out for each character i want on a different computer like last time :y
I uh

im Guilty of that, even through a phone

screw it, the more votes for different peeps the better! I’ll even put in an obligatory EVERYONE IS HERE AGAIN vote

Gengar84

Smash Hero
When Chrono Trigger gets a remake, I don't want it to be that budget of a title. That **** deserves to look full-on ArcSys level.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. I’d also be happy with something like Dragon Quest 11. At this point, I’d just be happy if the games got any official recognition at all. I’d even take a port to Nintendo Switch online.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I uh

im Guilty of that, even through a phone

screw it, the more votes for different peeps the better! I’ll even put in an obligatory EVERYONE IS HERE AGAIN vote
i voted at LEAST twice each for Krystal and Ridley. and i'm sure i did once or twice for a Zelda character, but with Midna and Ghirahim already assists by then and Breath of the Wild yet to have dropped I'm not sure what character it could've been

might've thrown in one or two for Wolf to come back, too. they brought in Mewtwo and Lucas, with no new characters that jumped out at me i would've wanted my last missing favorite to come back as well

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who was booted?
Zippo

never believed him anyway
i voted at LEAST twice each for Krystal and Ridley. and i'm sure i did once or twice for a Zelda character, but with Midna and Ghirahim already assists by then and Breath of the Wild yet to have dropped I'm not sure what character it could've been
i think at least two votes each for Fiora, Neku and Snake. Snake came back, Fiora got Chrom’d, Neku will probably remain MIA after Ultimate support ends

in hindsight I should have voted for Elma too but I didn’t want to spoil myself on ANYTHING from X until I got it, and it released after 4’s DLC ended for the west

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I’ve had an idea that maybe Pythra was the final reveal, but they bumped them up earlier in the development schedule to avoid another Byleth fiasco.
No offense, but this theory is flawed. Outside of being JRPG characters, Pythra and Byleth have little in common.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
After FF7 Remake, Chrono Trigger is the SE game that most deserves a AAA remake.
Now that would be something. You can probably find many records of me saying I'm in love with the HD 2D trend, but that's just because it's new and fresh and fun. I'd say remake the real old games in that style, the first few Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games, maybe even The Legend of Zelda or some Nihon Falcom titles. But for other bigger games like Final Fantasy VI or the Mana series (or of course Chrono Trigger) they should get more unique styles to them. Plus HD 2D will eventually get stale I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom