• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'm totally down for it. Since so many of the previous top picks are likely in, it'd be interesting to see where all those freed up votes go now.
Yeah, with Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo out of the picture it would be totally different from the last one. So many picks that seemed like impossible contenders in previous installments have become front runners in the speculation scene. If anyone suggested Reimu or Master Chief before Smash 4 I would’ve laughed at them.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I think you would have to wait a while to give first-parties a fair shake on a ballot. Right now there aren't as many people thinking of the ones with existing roles. Other than maybe Waluigi.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think you would have to wait a while to give first-parties a fair shake on a ballot. Right now there aren't as many people thinking of the ones with existing roles. Other than maybe Waluigi.
I’m still thinking about Fiora and Elma today, especially how the former was done dirty day 1 and again I VOTED FOR HER

so yeah

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I would be interested seeing how the ballot would differ from the fanmade DLC polls like the one from Source Gaming last June.

If people assumed this ballot was for a brand new game’s base roster, we’d probably see a lot more 1st Parties make strong comebacks, especially the ones that were AT’d and Mii’d, (which also includes some 3rd Parties to be fair), since a lot of characters had their voter turnouts depressed by people thinking they weren’t likely.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just had a thought that could potentially backfire but could also lead to good things

what if they do another ballot? AFTER DLC ENDS so there’s no confusion.

I know I was against it before but if it’s after DLC ends and preparing for the next smash there should be less infighting... maybe not by much but still. Also, any non video game characters will be discarded obviously, as they have been
I guess it depends...

Like yes, doing it After the DLC ends means there's alot less "character was added before the Smash Ballot hardly started" crap out of the way and less in-fighting. And it's probably some characters' best chance at getting into the next Smash Bros before some later stuff overshadows them.

BUT....BUT....If there's anything that the FEH Choose Your Legends Ballot has shown me, it's not the newest characters getting an easy voting or the trolls picking the character that will tick off people the most that I'm worried about. It's the bots.
For those who don't know, in CYL4, a character from the Radiant games was actually brought up to a high spot thanks to bots. That character did get into FEH as a result and while few people actually have any issue with the character in-game, lots of people were noticeably ticked that a random not-so-popular character was botted into the high spots, especially when the person who did the botting outright bragged about it.
Now Intelligent Systems did see this thankfully and as such, they added a new rule to the Choose Your Legends 5 vote where you Had to have a Nintendo account to vote. This did drop the votes, but also did make botting alot less frequent. I say less frequent because this didn't stop some people finding a way of botting. In fact, once again, not one, but two of them bragged about it and one of them really ticked people off because it implied that one of the 1st place winners would've gotten 2nd place had it not been for this person supposedly giving that character 7000 votes.
No it wasn't Gatekeeper(although the other botter admitted to doing this to Gatekeeper, with around 938 votes, along with the Gaiden/Echoes character Delthea), it was Marianne. And while it's not confirmed whether the person was lying or telling the truth, some people were noticeably very angry.

Sure, botting should be alot harder to tell for the Smash Ballot due to the Smash Ballot not being shown and because alot more people would be voting for the Smash Ballot compared to the Feh CYL Ballot. But nevertheless, I can't say that botting doesn't worry me when the FEH Ballot showed that Nintendo is vulnerable to it and that some people will know that and will possibly spread and try to take advantage.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I would be interested seeing how the ballot would differ from the fanmade DLC polls like the one from Source Gaming last June.

If people assumed this ballot was for a brand new game’s base roster, we’d probably see a lot more 1st Parties make strong comebacks, especially the ones that were AT’d and Mii’d, (which also includes some 3rd Parties to be fair), since a lot of characters had their voter turnouts depressed by people thinking they weren’t likely.
Yup, I could see this.

Who knows, maybe if enough Golden Sun fans vote on another hypothetical ballot, maybe Sakurai will even add Earth-bending powers to Isaac's next Assist trophy! :4pacman: :drsad:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yup, I could see this.

Who knows, maybe if enough Golden Sun fans vote on another hypothetical ballot, maybe Sakurai will even add Earth-bending powers to Isaac's next Assist trophy! :4pacman: :drsad:
He’ll make Fiora an AT in addition to her staying in Shulk’s Final Smash... YES I AM STILL SALTY ABOUT THIS

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Missed the Sonic direct Discussion, but I want to assume they may have held back some things because E3 is around the corner, and Since Sega is gonna be there and June is the month of Sonic's anniversary, might as well save some stuff for there also

We might see more of this new game here, and maybe some other exciting announcements that were held off, like they didn't talk about the Minecraft Collab in the Direct, despite being teased

Well the biggest difference would be the amount of people

as an example, in Smash 4 the Biggest fan poll I found had like 50,000 People, and that was including multiple polls and such. Meanwhile the official ballot had 1.8 Million votes in it. I'm sure the disparity would be the same for Ultimate, perhaps on a larger scale since Ultimate sold more copies than Smash 4 (Including 3DS and Wii U)

I find that more of the characters that appeal more to the Casual audience, and a Casual is more likely to know, is gonna benefit more than ones that might be more niche asks in the community.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Right, A XC2 was heavily fan requested, an FE3H rep wasn’t.
Yup. People forget there was quite a number of people disappointed Shulk was the only Xenoblade character in the base roster whilst an 8th Fire Emblem character was “expected, not wanted”.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I Missed the Sonic direct Discussion, but I want to assume they may have held back some things because E3 is around the corner, and Since Sega is gonna be there and June is the month of Sonic's anniversary, might as well save some stuff for there also

We might see more of this new game here, and maybe some other exciting announcements that were held off, like they didn't talk about the Minecraft Collab in the Direct, despite being teased

They specifically did say that there would be more announcements throughout the year. Iizuka said it at the beginning of the show, almost specifically to let people know "this isn't all there is, there will be more".

Now whether that's in another Sonic Central or in an E3 showcase or perhaps just some other event, we'll have to see. I'll personally bet their E3 stuff will primarily be Sonic Colors Ultimate. Demos and such. That's the thing that's coming "now" so to speak, so it'll be the thing rolled out most likely. Origins as well.

7NATOR

Smash Master
They specifically did say that there would be more announcements throughout the year. Iizuka said it at the beginning of the show, almost specifically to let people know "this isn't all there is, there will be more".

Now whether that's in another Sonic Central or in an E3 showcase or perhaps just some other event, we'll have to see. I'll personally bet their E3 stuff will primarily be Sonic Colors Ultimate. Demos and such. That's the thing that's coming "now" so to speak, so it'll be the thing rolled out most likely. Origins as well.
Well we will definitely see more of that Minecraft Collab that was teased

I also think we will see more info on what exactly this new game is. Personally I think this stream was done since many people wanted Sega to show something of note, to be transparent about how the anniversary is going. I Imagine they have the tease for the new game, then showcase it more at E3 since Sega will be there

But I do agree Sonic Colors Ultimate will be the focus, especially since I believe the animation comes out in the summer also. Perhaps we can see some of this Metal Sonic Rival mode they have going on. Hopefully they also show some Switch ports of other Sonic games like SA1, SA2, Unleashed, and Generations

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After FF7 Remake, Chrono Trigger is the SE game that most deserves a AAA remake.
So Dragon Quest XI but it's actually Chrono Trigger instead? :bowsette:

2D-HD remake would probably be better for chrono trigger
Toriyama's style is beautiful in 3D, I'm not against it but animated does also sound very appealing based on the PSX FMVs.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still a bit skeptical of E3 dropping both characters on our lap, if only because it feels like Nintendo's E3 presentation is going to be pretty stuffed.

I'd love them to drop them on us and go "This is who you're getting, yes, these are the only 2 left, they'll be released around these dates", but I'm just cautious is all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still a bit skeptical of E3 dropping both characters on our lap, if only because it feels like Nintendo's E3 presentation is going to be pretty stuffed.
E3 started and ended with a Smash reveal, I can understand and expect it to happen again, but if it doesn't, not the end of the world. But hopefully we will get them revealed.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I'd love them to drop them on us and go "This is who you're getting, yes, these are the only 2 left, they'll be released around these dates", but I'm just cautious is all.
I don't think there's ever been an E3 where they've only dropped one Smash reveal on us though. It's always been 2 or more.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think there's ever been an E3 where they've only dropped one Smash reveal on us though. It's always been 2 or more.
Yep, but we've also never ended a DLC cycle at E3 either.

It's unknown territory.

I think the question was, did they plan to end the DLC at the 2nd E3, and did the pandemic cause issue with that. That, we don't know, and we won't know until E3. It'd make sense for it to end at E3, since that's when Ultimate was officially revealed, but at the same time, sense does not Nintendo make at times.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

They could reveal one in full and tease the final one who will be revealed in the Final Presentation around August (or September if the TGS rumor is to be believed)

AND WATCH AS ITS ANOTHER GUESSING GAME. OR BETTER - THEY ONLY GIVE ONE CRYPTIC HINT.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As far as the new Sonic game, this post from months old post from 4chan (yeah yeah I know) has been making the rounds with some commenting it could line up with what we saw in the teaser:

There's more where that came from
Regarding the quality, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I can see it for myself. 99% sure the version the 4chan people played is far from the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom