• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that there's evidence of the stuff in the 4chan post lining up with what's been shown in the trailer and the datamine of the Rangers name in the trailer video file. It's more than 50% likely to be real.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
oh we're talking about the guessing game? I went with Min-min who was the obvious candidate
she had the kicks as an option which would lead to a more interesting and creative moveset, she won the popularity tournament and was the lead producers favourite, there was no way it wouldn't be her.

the hero situation was always a bit nonsensical, it would remove all the characters uniqueness, it makes as much sense as Lucario being a clone of Mewtwo because they look similar or Charizard and Ridley being clones, they have well defined abilities whereas most of the heroes don't which is what made the 4 in one work for them.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Would be funny if Dante came now of all times, after the big Capcom Mii drop, and everyone more or less writing Capcom out of the running entirely.
To be honest that would apply to any Capcom character, not only Dante. Most people assumed they're out. I still think there's some room for them because as I said, I kinda saw the previous Mii Costume wave as a special one, seemingly a deal with Capcom to promote Monster Hunter Rise and the new Ghost and Goblins.

But yeah, they do not seem like a likely option. Most Capcom characters would be "E3 worthy" in my opinion so if the next character isn't from them, I would totally discard them for CP11.

On that subject, what double reveal trailers would be fitting? Or which two characters would be fitting back-to-back? Like Demi-Fiend and Dante would be one due to their crossover and the origin of the Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series meme. What would be some others?

I still think a Phantasy Star character and Master Chief would be fitting.
Dante and Demi-fiend would be very fitting, but also unlikely, even if I'd love to see that happen. Like, I can see Nintendo choosing one of them, but both in the same pass would be quite a coincidence, but not only that, they would be CP10 and CP11, and revealed at the same event? That kinda feels like a fanfic to be honest lol

And I mean, it's not like Dante and Demi-fiend are a super famous duo in gaming that would make Nintendo capitalize that. People know about the "feat. Dante from the DMC series meme", but unfortunately a lot of these people don't even know it originated with Nocturne.

If we somehow get both of them at E3, I'm pretty sure it's because Sakurai really wanted both of them to be revealed that way, and that would be considering we would be lucky enough that Nintendo chose both characters for the same Pass. Either that or Miyamoto is a Nocturne fanboy and we didn't know about that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Damn I hope that Rangers thing isn't real. I had two hopes for the Sonic anniversary stream, Mania 2 and a 3D game that at least looked promising. Then Mania 2 was a no show and the 3D game was the most generic ass tease possible, and now apparently we have playtesters from back in January saying the game sucks. sigh

At least the Dragon Quest stuff was awesome...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Damn I hope that Rangers thing isn't real. I had two hopes for the Sonic anniversary stream, Mania 2 and a 3D game that at least looked promising. Then Mania 2 was a no show and the 3D game was the most generic ass tease possible, and now apparently we have playtesters from back in January saying the game sucks. sigh

The DQ3 remake looks so, so good. I truly hope it is for this year but it will probably be 2022, with covid and all.

I was planning on buying the OG game but I think I'll wait for the remake, then maybe come back to the eShop version.

Technomage

Smash Champion
On that subject, what double reveal trailers would be fitting? Or which two characters would be fitting back-to-back? Like Demi-Fiend and Dante would be one due to their crossover and the origin of the Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series meme. What would be some others?

I still think a Phantasy Star character and Master Chief would be fitting.
Well, I did come up with a double reveal of Freddy and Reimu, since both of them are indies with LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS of fangames.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As someone who is currently holding the L on the "ARMS rep is a Hero situation" I feel I need to point out that every reasonable person thought that it'd Spring man, Ribbon girl, Ninjara, and Min Min. The characters with completely different body types weren't really on the table for a lot of us.
I thought it was funny when THE FIRST THREE ARMS CHARACTERS to hold the invite in the trailer were Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Ninjara. Coincidence? Most likely.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

To be fair the tests were done last year and the purpose is to provide feedback for the devs to use with the release being next year.
I'm not gonna hold my breath given I haven't enjoyed a mainline Sonic since Generations but there's ample time to make it better.
That and 4chan video game discourse only operates on a "It's Good/****" binary so it could honestly only be kinda average at the time of testing and not completely awful.

But again, Sonic Team.

At least we have Sonic the Fighters in Lost Judgment though

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman

I still have some hope. Open World sonic is promising, and recently (as the Sonic movie exemplified), Sega has been becoming more and more open to large overhauls due to fan input.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think its fair to say that the next 3D Sonic will eventually be an enjoyable experience.

Now granted that might happen a year after release when fan modders have put in hundreds of hours of work to make the PC version more fun, but the point still stands. 😉

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Let's not kid ourselves

League of Legends fans don't deserve death

They deserve to all be forced to play 24 hours non-stop of solo-queue.
A good chunk of them already come pretty close, tbh. :roll:

As someone who played it for 5~ years

You're not missing much.
Of course they're missing stuff! How could Smash players understand that there are ways to generate misery in online play that aren't just bad connections? :4pacman:

In all seriousness, I do recommend it to anyone who wants to test the waters of the genre, but yeah, arguably the biggest difference between the popular shooters like CoD or Fortnite and the big MOBAs like LoL or Dota is that the latter are decidedly not for everyone, in spite of both genres being massive.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As mentioned before, I'll give an opinion on Rangers when I see it. A couple leaks on a game that's still a year away from a site infamous for... Poor manners, to say the least... Probably isn't the best source to base your opinion on. I'll wait until I can actually see what's going on.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
As mentioned before, I'll give an opinion on Rangers when I see it. A couple leaks on a game that's still a year away from a site infamous for... Poor manners, to say the least... Probably isn't the best source to base your opinion on. I'll wait until I can actually see what's going on.
Plus, as someone brought up before, they showed up quite a while ago, and are from people Sega hired to give feedback on the game in it's proof-of-concept stages. Likely, they said the same things to 4chan (more or less) that they said to Sonic Team, so some changes were probably made. Also, those demo testers are two of probably many.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's not really better, technologically speaking. Just a lot of cel-shading and body morphing.
I wasn't speaking technologically. I was speaking artistically.

When it comes to representing Toriyama art, DBFZ does a much better job than DQ11.

In fact, I think, in some ways, DQ8 has a better style than DQ11 BECAUSE it does a more 2D cel-shaded look.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Also, as far as we know, Sonic Team hasn't been split up between different projects this time. Development on this game could've begun as far back as 2018, too, so I think they might be managing their resources better this time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

When it comes to representing Toriyama art, DBFZ does a much better job than DQ11.

In fact, I think, in some ways, DQ8 has a better style than DQ11 BECAUSE it does a more 2D cel-shaded look.
Then you probably want something like DBZ Kakarot, but maybe not as saturated and bloomed up.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Yeah, I think Arcsystemworks has the optimal look for any anime style game. I’m still amazed looking at the Granblue fighting game and the new Guilty Gear. I’m not sure if it’s even possible to ever top those graphics for that style.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the leaks line up like exactly with what I hoped a new Sonic game would look like (minus multiple playable characters.) I really hope they are real >_<
I think it's pretty safe to say these are real, in my opinion.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Hey, I saw the Sonic rumors. Personally, I'm hoping they're not true. I'm really not sold on the idea of an open-world Sonic game.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, even though I don't think it's likely at all to happen, I do wonder how much music Demi-Fiend would come with if he were selected.

Since like, 2 of his songs are pretty "yikes" territory for Smash standards. Smash has always been a bit awkward when it comes to religious stuff, so I do wonder how they'd handle two of the most iconic Nocturne songs having lyrics like "ONE MORE GOD REJECTED" or "WE SACRIFICED THE SON OF HEAVEN."

Makes me wonder if they'd just not include them at all, despite how iconic they are to Nocturne.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Ya know, even though I don't think it's likely at all to happen, I do wonder how much music Demi-Fiend would come with if he were selected.

Since like, 2 of his songs are pretty "yikes" territory for Smash standards. Smash has always been a bit awkward when it comes to religious stuff, so I do wonder how they'd handle two of the most iconic Nocturne songs having lyrics like "ONE MORE GOD REJECTED" or "WE SACRIFICED THE SON OF HEAVEN."

Makes me wonder if they'd just not include them at all, despite how iconic they are to Nocturne.
instrumental cover? feels like a fair compromise

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I guess, but the almost demonic voices is kinda what gives them their appeal.
There's a YouTuber that does Megaten stuff called Larrue that's supposedly been on this long quest to prove that the lyrics are not "ONE MORE GOD REJECTED" but something else. He still hasn't made the video on it though...

Shroob

Sup?
There's a YouTuber that does Megaten stuff called Larrue that's supposedly been on this long quest to prove that the lyrics are not "ONE MORE GOD REJECTED" but something else. He still hasn't made the video on it though...
Even if he does disprove it, it's too far ingrained in the Megaten community at this point lol.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I don't care, just give me the SMT1 battle theme and I'm satisfied.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Wow, the leaks line up like exactly with what I hoped a new Sonic game would look like (minus multiple playable characters.) I really hope they are real >_<
Give me an open world sonic game, im down for it 100%
You and me both! Gives her a high five
I... hate to be kind of a downer, but I guess I'm just not getting it. Can someone try and sell me on this idea?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well they could use the instrumental remixes they made for the MMO.
Fierce Battle (The One More God Rejected thing)
Normal Battle (Please, make this a real world)
Plus there's half a dozen other songs without religious reference.

There's also the entire world of extended Megaten spinoffs.
We got

D

Deleted member

I... hate to be kind of a downer, but I guess I'm just not getting it. Can someone try and sell me on this idea?
Sonic is all about movement, and giving him a proper sandbox to mess around in and explore is a nice idea on paper. The question is if Sonic Team can pull it off without compromising Sonic’s feel or proper level design. I think a lot of people are wary of 3D Sonic in general though so while a new direction is promising, it’s also very likely to be messy, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom