• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

they did a whole presentation for a announcement of a year lmao

the TV stuff was interesting but in the end we don't know anything more than we did before this... they could've just tweeted the announcements.
???????

I was only referring to the teaser for the new game. I never mentioned anything about the rest of the presentation.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Yeeeeesh i went into the Sonic thing with really low expectations and they still weren't really met. Seemed like a lot of bad-furry-suit Sonic content getting into other things. That teaser was bad too. Ah well. Loved Sonic as a kid, Sega Genesis was my first console, but Sonic hasn't impressed me since Adventure 2.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment if you actually expect a Smash reveal.
What the hell? There is no Smash reveal at this non nintendo event from a company that didn't make Smash Bros? This has always happened and I'm so disappointed that I keep falling for this every time!

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I personally found that stream to be super satisfying. The merchandise, but mainly the S3&K rerelease and the teaser were everything I could've asked for. That 2022 release date gives me hope that Sonic Team will have enough time to polish it.

I guess I can understand the disappointment, but eh. The eerie sonic crossover stuff is just funny to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It wasn't AMAZING and I still would have liked a TITLE at least... but at least it wasn't just a logo reveal, we kinda got SOMETHING out of it
We got CG of Sonic running through some grass & what might as well be alien hieroglyphs at the end. A logo and title would’ve been more substantial, which is saying a lot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What the hell? There is no Smash reveal at this non nintendo event from a company that didn't make Smash Bros? This has always happened and I'm so disappointed that I keep falling for this every time!
This is a bogeyman more than something that actually happens.

I swear I've posted something like this before.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
???????

I was only referring to the teaser for the new game. I never mentioned anything about the rest of the presentation.
only the first part of that was really a response sorry for not being clear on that.

I thought that was one of the companies making the game, but I don't recognize any company that has that logo.
what if that's the name lol, if it is maybe we could decode it

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Looking at it a bit... it kinda looks like the phrase "I CUP" but the bottom half of the "C" was removed so now it just looks like "I -UP"

Though we got the funny Colors first, Colors Ultimate to be precise. What sort of joke tells the punchline first?

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Origins is a day 1 purchase for me.

The teaser wasn't the best, but at least it's better than a logo PNG and the number 4 lol

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
LOL Anybody figure out what that sounds like? XD
I... HOPE people know that old joke hahaha

But seriously, look at it
Sonic Cup.jpg

Maybe if I put the bottom half of the "C" in there you can see it.

First they reveal "Sonic Colors Ultimate" and then they show a "I CUP Funny Colors" reference. Come oooooooooon maaaaaaaaaaaan

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, let's see...

Judging by the curvature of the lines and direct breaks between each, it's definitely writing....

Looks to be Sandscript for "Monster Farmer" whose English translation was 'Monster Rancher'.

Suezo for Smash Bros?
MONSTER RANCHER! MONSTERS RULE!

You played the game like an ace, but now you're in this place
To save da monstas from DA EVIL MOO!

Sonic gotta go fight "The Evil Moo"... hehehehehehehe. His name is Moo

D

Deleted member

Knowing Sonic that weird symbol is gonna turn out to be depicting an ancient alien hedgehog spindashing away from a demonic being, which somehow leads to time travel shenanigans with Sonic and Alienhog that only make sense in an infinite loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom