• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hopefully Dragon Quest XII is going to be announced. And I theorize that 12 will have the vocation system again. Why?

It was in 3, 6, and 9. All multiples of 3. Dragon Quest X? Pssh, when did online only games ever count? :4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hopefully Dragon Quest XII is going to be announced. And I theorize that 12 will have the vocation system again. Why?

It was in 3, 6, and 9. All multiples of 3. Dragon Quest X? Pssh, when did online only games ever count? :4pacman:
I'd be more likely to buy a DQ12 if it brought back custom avatars (like what 9 had).

Slime Master

Smash Ace
DQ12 is almost certainly not what's going to be shown off unfortunately. But it could be a new rocket slime which is even better :slime:

7 tho

7NATOR

Smash Master
Black Knight is the one with the Mii Costume, so it might be him that gets promoted first, not Lyn. Of course Lyn is the Most Popular FE Character besides Ike, So there is also that. I don't think Tiki will be promoted for a while

I do think we'd get Vergil before we get Lyn though, to be honest. We could get both at the same time in roster, but I put my money on Vergil getting in First

Pillow

Smash Lord
Black Knight is the one with the Mii Costume, so it might be him that gets promoted first, not Lyn. Of course Lyn is the Most Popular FE Character besides Ike, So there is also that. I don't think Tiki will be promoted for a while

I do think we'd get Vergil before we get Lyn though, to be honest. We could get both at the same time in roster, but I put my money on Vergil getting in First
I doubt we’ll get Lyn but I’d say there’s a zero chance we get black knight.

...but what does any of this have to do with Vergil?

SKX31

Smash Master

I get the impression that he primarily thought of a Black Knight / Vergil comparision (as the Rival characters)... buuuut that segued really awkwardly to say the least.

Also, in general industry news:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I get the impression that he primarily thought of a Black Knight / Vergil comparision (as the Rival characters)... buuuut that segued really awkwardly to say the least.

Also, in general industry news:

Microsoft expanding as usual, I see. Wonder if E3 will reveal their next buyout...

Is it bad that I'm only half-joking?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Well since Someone brought Geno up, what characters do you guys personally think are unlikely to be in FP2, and why?

And before someone says it, NO this is not a hating question, and we can discuss why we feel characters are unlikely without causing a scene
A character who was an Assist Trophy in the base game, because in that case we would've gotten Spring Man instead of Min Min.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I guess it's because they have similar quick-draw/iaijutsu fighting styles, though I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
A character who was an Assist Trophy in the base game, because in that case we would've gotten Spring Man instead of Min Min.
Another thing that makes that a missed opportunity is that they could have had AT Spring Man replaced with Springtron whenever fighter SM is in the fight (assuming Sakurai wouldn't just have AT SM disabled whenever fighter SM is in play).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems like the ends justify the means to Nintendo for the FE promotional additions. Maybe they would shuffle things around to not conclude on such a sour note going forward, but at the same time, it's entirely plausible they don't care.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh **** Dragon Quest XII already? Calm down Square Enix I'd like to buy some games from other devs too...
I mean...there's a LOT of things that could be besides DQ12.

Builders 3, Heroes 3, Monsters/Joker...whatever number that's on, etc.

I'd be more likely to buy a DQ12 if it brought back custom avatars (like what 9 had).
Not me. I much prefer having a party of actual characters with personalities and storylines than just a bunch of generic stat-blocks that don't say or do anything.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I guess it's because they have similar quick-draw/iaijutsu fighting styles, though I'm not sure.
This. Not to say they would be clones or too Similar to each other....but the Similarity is there though, and in that case, I think we'd get Vergil first, since I think there's a good chance we could get Dante/Vergil at the same time in the next game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Another thing that makes that a missed opportunity is that they could have had AT Spring Man replaced with Springtron whenever fighter SM is in the fight (assuming Sakurai wouldn't just have AT SM disabled whenever fighter SM is in play).
To be honest, that just be a waste of dev time; you'd basically have to go back and accommodate for a character who was an Assist Trophy to begin with.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
To be honest, that just be a waste of dev time; you'd basically have to go back and accommodate for a character who was an Assist Trophy to begin with.
i was going to make a joke about how it would be as simple as an If statement, but i've done that everry time we get on this discussion so i won't bother.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This. Not to say they would be clones or too Similar to each other....but the Similarity is there though, and in that case, I think we'd get Vergil first, since I think there's a good chance we could get Dante/Vergil at the same time in the next game.
I mean, I wouldn't complain if we get Dante and Vergil at the same time, but I don't see why that would happen.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy So I won't say that this is a direct quote, but apparently in one of the investors meetings, Furakawa mentioned that we are technically now in the middle of the Switch's lifecycle due to the delays of stuff from COVID. Regardless of the accuracy of that, I find it incredibly liekly that with the massive delays on content and product across the globe, I feel like assuming the Switch has somewhere between one and two years of support left is wise. Edit: Excuse me, I mean added onto whatever we would have normally, since they are backed up. Also rumors are about that they actually aren't thinking about a system successor right now due to the massive success they've been having, but they are just rumors and I'm sure they do have something in the works even if it's farther off than some of us may think.
Well, I mean that's not all that big of a change to my speculation. Reminder that the 3DS was planned to at least have an extended lifetime into Early 2019 so the midpoint of the 3DS would have been around 2015-2016. That didn't stop Nintendo from releasing a new console in 2017 despite the fact that 3DS was supposed to have a life 2 Years following. Just because they say that the Switch is in the middle of its lifecycle doesn't mean another console can't come out between then and now. Especially considering the rumors that Nintendo has ramped up R&D for their successor to the Switch. Even the upgrade to the 3DS the "New" 3DS XL released only 2 years before the launch of the Switch. With the rumors of the Super Switch Pro or whatever there's really no telling how far away we are from the Switch's Successor. But with past precedent, it may be closer than we think.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Here’s a random list of some of the Fire Emblem characters I’d be still excited to see: The Black Knight, Ashnard, Tibarn, Naesala, Lucia, Tharja, Rinkah, Dimitri, Edelgard, Petra, Shamir, Katherine, Petra, Felix, and Bernadetta.
Here's my list of Fire Emblem characters i’d be still excited to see:

Untitled-1ee.jpg

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Crash is coming at E3"

"Fire Emblem bad, give like."

It never changes, does it.
"Fire Emblem is coming at E3"

Nah I may not think E3 will have a Master Chief-tier hype bomb but it ain't having FE either.

SKX31

Smash Master
They might not be there physically but they are there spiritually.

Fire Emblem arguments and Pokemon Arguments are very similar and Geno changes depending on the time of day.
The solution is simple:

The next Fire Emblem game should be a Pokemon crossover - with the Pokemon being the game's partner mechanic. With Crash as the protagonist and Geno as Crash's companion.

There, the Ultimate (heh) SmashBoards game. :4pacman:

I presume the cycle can only be broken by Crash appearing in a Fire Emblem game.

Curious to see which stat Wumpa Fruit would affect.
The more Wumpa Fruits collected, the higher the chance that Crash auto-ressurects?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom