• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
It occurs to me I wouldn't be surprised if that Waluigi render was for the new Mario + Rabbids. Based on how the last one tried to twist Mario characters and embraced memes I wouldn't be surprised if the new one tried to make Waluigi as raunchy as they can get away with.
I wouldn't be opposed at all to Waluigi as a new potential party member in Mario + Rabbids, even if it's not the outcome I'd be most interested in...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Loud voices proclaimed Lucina as the "better and easier Marth" as a result of the above. While it mostly affected the "Serious Business" side, I wouldn't be surprised if some casual players followed along. FTR, Lucina's just below Link and just above :ultsonic: on that chart; she's at 16th and the most popular FE character to use online.
For casuals I wouldn't be surprised if it was more Lucina's general ease of use on top of her popularity that sees her get a lot of play rather then competitive influence saying she's better. Unlike most other swords there's not many tricks and traps you have to learn for her, so it's easy for any new or passive player to just boot her up and get faster results. Marth needs a good understanding of the character to get somewhere due to his tipper mechanic and the faults you already mentioned, so those type of players would have a harder time learning him and thus wanting to play him.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
For casuals I wouldn't be surprised if it was more Lucina's general ease of use on top of her popularity that sees her get a lot of play rather then competitive influence saying she's better. Unlike most other swords there's not many tricks and traps you have to learn for her, so it's easy for any new or passive player to just boot her up and get faster results. Marth needs a good understanding of the character to get somewhere due to his tipper mechanic and the faults you already mentioned, so those type of players would have a harder time learning him and thus wanting to play him.
Yes, this seems to be the case. I’d also say ease of use is a reason why Wolf ranked higher than Fox and Falco on that data.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Technomage

Smash Champion
Another hypothetical scenario: How would everyone react if another Fire Emblem character (such as Reginn from FEH) were to be revealed at E3, especially if the other DLC is NOT revealed there, too? I'd be disappointed due to getting tired of all the FE milking.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Another hypothetical scenario: How would everyone react if another Fire Emblem character (such as Reginn from FEH) were to be revealed at E3, especially if the other DLC is NOT revealed there, too? I'd be disappointed due to getting tired of all the FE milking.
I love Three Houses, and Dimitri or Ferdinand being playable would be cool.
But it's probably not happening. I doubt they'd make two characters from the same franchise, let alone the same game, as DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Any Fire Emblem character that isn't Lyn or a 3H house leader would do nothing for me at this point but make Smash discussions (more) awful.
Same but replace "or a 3H house leader" with either " " or "or Hector".

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wasn't Fighter Pass 2 decided around the 2nd half of 2018? Like around then, Book 3 for Fire Emblem Heroes wasn't even out until December 2018. And Reginn is from Book 5. Like.....if Fighter Pass 2 was decided around then, Reginn more than likely wasn't even concept art yet. If we were to get a Fire Emblem Heroes character, it has to be a character before Book 4, so either a Book 1, 2 or 3 character, like Kiran, Fjorm or Lif.

Like I get that Reginn would honestly be more unique than a majority of other Fire Emblem characters due to riding a centaur-like Mech Fighter, but one, she was more than likely not even concept art yet, and two, if she was, good lord, if people were ticked off at Byleth being chosen before Three Houses released, imagine a Fire Emblem character being chosen 2 and a half years before they were even released.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Tsubasa count? She’s the only spirit from TMS currently and her spirit board would bring her friends

plus it might give hope for Elma

D

Deleted member

I'd be really super happy if I hear that a port of DQ VIII is coming to Switch or PS5. Either one would be fine by me. Haven't been able to play it since I donated my PS2 to a special needs classroom a long time ago.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Would Tsubasa count? She’s the only spirit from TMS currently and her spirit board would bring her friends

plus it might give hope for Elma
In my opinion, yes she does, because TMS is also a Fire Emblem game.

I will say, however, that I'd be completely fine with a TMS spirit event, since it'd be a minor thing that's not worth raging over.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I won't lie, I'd be hella mad.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In my opinion, yes she does, because TMS is also a Fire Emblem game.

I will say, however, that I'd be completely fine with a TMS spirit event, since it'd be a minor thing that's not worth raging over.
I’m legit surprised Encore didn’t spawn the spirit event. It always bothered me that her friends didn’t have spirits

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It totally depends who the character is for me. I’d still be excited if they went with some of my favorite characters but it would be pretty disappointing if it was one I didn’t care for as much.

Here’s a random list of some of the Fire Emblem characters I’d be still excited to see: The Black Knight, Ashnard, Tibarn, Naesala, Lucia, Tharja, Rinkah, Dimitri, Edelgard, Petra, Shamir, Katherine, Petra, Felix, and Bernadetta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom