• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The codename post is obvious someone trying to vie for attention but at the same time, Soma Cruz would be such a cool new Castlevania rep. I know spirits don't deconfirm but I love how you get Soma's in WOL, it's so clever. I know you wouldn't lose out on that if he were added so it's fine. Soma would be this crazy mix of Alucard and Kirby and I'm here for it, plus the Sorrow games are amazing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd like Ryu Hayabusa in Smash ONLY because then TECHNICALLY Dead or Alive would be repped in Smash and that's just an offer I can't refuse. Gotta stop DOATEC from screwing around with all the things. They already engineered both Alpha-152 and Phase 4 into existence based on Kasumi, don't let them get their hands on Mewtwo, who is already engineered to be "the world's strongest Pokemon" or Sephiroth and his Jenova cells.

Also if some of the DOA girls show up as Spirits in Hayabusa's set then uhhhhh I'm certainly not gonna argue about it.
1609258457474.jpeg

I had to sorry

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Turns out Sorrow is in actuality the new Gen 9 water starter Pokemon. He's just a REALLY REALLY SAD Pokemon that cries ALL THE BLOODY TIME and entire Hydro Pumps full of tears are flying out of this thing's face if someone so much as glances at it. It's a really sad.... I dunno... some sort of aquatic creature that cries all the time.
We've been over this, the only aquatic creature worth adding is the Bruh Fish

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Turns out Sorrow is in actuality the new Gen 9 water starter Pokemon. He's just a REALLY REALLY SAD Pokemon that cries ALL THE BLOODY TIME and entire Hydro Pumps full of tears are flying out of this thing's face if someone so much as glances at it. It's a really sad.... I dunno... some sort of aquatic creature that cries all the time.
sobble-alt.jpg

"Am I a joke to you?"

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Gib more legendary pokemon. That's all.
the problem with most legenadries is that they're always in a group of two or more. If you add Zacian, the 9 million people who bought Shield will be upset, and vise versa. The third version legendary could work as a non-biased option, but I can't exactly see Kyurem or Eternatus working as a character. The only legendaries that I think could happen are Regigigas, Heatran, Silvally, Urshifu, and Calyrex.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bedlam - Porky Minch or Phoenix Wright

Sorrow - Monokuma

Dorako - Ruined Kingdom Dragon from Mario Odyssey let’s gooooo

None of the other existing Mii costumes got upgraded, so I never understood why so many people believed Geno's was bound to get special treatment. Maybe Nintendo or SE is responsible for why we didn't get a deluxe, but honestly, I think it's way more believable to say Sakurai did it to save time. It was already there, fully finished. Why go back and tweak it when you could port the costume and work on other stuff instead?
Technically they did tweak it; proportions are a bit different, detail seems a bit better, and the cape actually acts like a cape. I know a head would take more time, though. Geno’s costume also isn’t the only one that was upgraded a bit; Gil’s costume got better-looking horns and some armor tweaks. I don’t know about the others.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Criticizing/Disliking SwSh has become such a norm that it's genuinely surprising for many when they learn that there might be a few users here who are serious when they say they'd be happy with a Gen 8 Pokémon.

I really wish there were more people who'd be willing to separate their negative opinions of SwSh from Smash speculation. Most of the issues people have with the games have absolutely no impact on Smash, yet the label of "SwSh" and "Gen 8" is sometimes all that's needed before the idea is completely rejected. Seems like a lot of people would openly admit that they'd prefer double-dipping with Gen 4 and leaving Gen 8's representation as is because "only one of the two is actually good".
The trouble with a Sword/Shield Pokémon certainly isn't the lack of options, and I'd argue not even the reception of the game itself, but the presumable top runners people have come to assume might get prioritized. Some of us didn't like the inclusion of Incineroar because it checks too many boxes on the list of presumed standards: starter, somewhat humanoid, simplistic moveset inspiration, et cetera. So imagine if that were to happen a second time, in a franchise that actually got a lot of variety in Gen 8, to a bigger extent than Gen 7. I can respect the starters, but I don't think they are worth including into the game this late in the process with the movesets they could have. Most of the other options seem like western wilderness territory in terms of consideration.

Gen 8 is a mixed bag of designs, but the good ones tend to be extraordinarily good. If only they had a more substantial game to be a part of.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the problem with most legenadries is that they're always in a group of two or more. If you add Zacian, the 9 million people who bought Shield will be upset, and vise versa. The third version legendary could work as a non-biased option, but I can't exactly see Kyurem or Eternatus working as a character. The only legendaries that I think could happen are Regigigas, Heatran, Silvally, Urshifu, and Calyrex.
Finally, someone else here who appreciates the Big Brain Doggo

SKX31

Smash Master
Starfy's from the skies and not the seas smh fake fan

I have no idea who this is and I'm beyond terrified
Fishbunjin, hidden boss in Ittle Dew and playable character in Slap City (what the gif is) as well as in Fraymakers apparently.

When Slap City first released Fishbunjin was absurdly good. I'll let TV Tropes do the talking:

He was even heavier, much faster, had bigger hit-boxes, and was was an absolute Implacable Man, able to No-Sell his way out of most situations with his Up-B. The nerfs made him lighter-weight, slower, and much more balanced. That said, he's still a competent combatant in the right hands, capable of terrifying levels of speed and power, and his Down-Throw can still score some cheap kills.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
what the **** that's just a regular guy
"Nobody suspects a thing."

Fishbunjin, hidden boss in Ittle Dew and playable character in Slap City (what the gif is) as well as in Fraymakers apparently.

When Slap City first released Fishbunjin was absurdly good. I'll let TV Tropes do the talking:
If Bayo was enough to make Sakurai shake his head, what would he do if he saw Fishbunjin at EVO?

SKX31

Smash Master
If Bayo was enough to make Sakurai shake his head, what would he do if he saw Fishbunjin at EVO?
I dunno, tremble and pray to the Ring Con? I mean, RFA and the Ring are the only Nintendo characters who specialize in fighting super-buff bodybuilders, and Thanos (had to go with a Alpharad joke) Fish's dumbbell game was ridonkolous:

Fighter's Pack #9 will contain Kirboi as a playable fighter.
View attachment 297638
That'll be $5.99 plus $0.75 for the Dante Mii Costume.
Absolutely worth the price of admissio-

:ultkingdedede: : "What the? Why is - HE TRIED TO COPY MAH HAT'S STYLE? I'LL CLOBBAH DAT DERE KIRBEH PERSONALLY!"

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The thing with Pokemon is that it's not above showing that type of favoritism.

Suicune is the queen of that. It got to headline its own game with Crystal, had a unique storyline in HGSS whereas the other two stayed as roamers, got in Pokken, and gets top billing in promotion out of all the Legendary Beasts with even an anime episode and Planetarium appearance happening in the past year.

Lugia gets the lion share of appearances including more anime episodes, anime arcs, merchandise, movies, etc. Whereas Ho-oh only had a recurring cameo that stopped after Gen 4, the I Choose You movie, and a couple other smaller appearances.

Reshiram got an anime arc and gets top billing in merchandise for BW whenever N is involved, whereas outside of Masters Zekrom has only gotten token outside appearances by comparison.

If Pokemon feels like there's more worth in pushing a certain Pokemon or form, they don't care if it's in a group. They'll push it as much as they want even if the others in its set get sidelined as a result. Zacian being chosen over Zamazenta wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the franchise, in fact, it'd be par the course considering the popularity gap between the two.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Starfy's from the skies and not the seas smh fake fan

I have no idea who this is and I'm beyond terrified
You've fallen directly into my trap. Starfy is from Pufftop, the Cloud Kingdom. Clouds are made out of water, therefore Starfy is still an aquatic creature. :V

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If Pokemon feels like there's more worth in pushing a certain Pokemon or form, they don't care if it's in a group. They'll push it as much as they want even if the others in its set get sidelined as a result. Zacian being chosen over Zamazenta wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the franchise, in fact, it'd be par the course considering the popularity gap between the two.
Which would be stupid because Zamazenta is clearly the better of the two. :p

It is worth noting that Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are some of the only games in the franchise where both legendaries show up, so they are a bit more of a packaged deal than previous ones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Which would be stupid because Zamazenta is clearly the better of the two. :p

It is worth noting that Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are some of the only games in the franchise where both legendaries show up, so they are a bit more of a packaged deal than previous ones.
I mean...with third versions and remakes this really isn't the case. I think Xerneas and Yveltal are some of the only truly mutually exclusive ones in recent times, mostly because there was never a Z.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'd like Ryu Hayabusa in Smash ONLY because then TECHNICALLY Dead or Alive would be repped in Smash and that's just an offer I can't refuse. Gotta stop DOATEC from screwing around with all the things. They already engineered both Alpha-152 and Phase 4 into existence based on Kasumi, don't let them get their hands on Mewtwo, who is already engineered to be "the world's strongest Pokemon" or Sephiroth and his Jenova cells.

Also if some of the DOA girls show up as Spirits in Hayabusa's set then uhhhhh I'm certainly not gonna argue about it.
People want another fighting game character in Smash but instead of getting someone like Sol Badguy Sakurai puts Hayabusa in and is like "here's your other DLC fighting game character."

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Here's a game, a character from the last 3 games you've played will be the final DLC packs. For me this would be:

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Spongebob with Spongebob Dream stage coming soon!!!
This is a fun prompt. My last three are Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, and World of Warcraft. So...

1. The Knight
2. Abigail (or the Farmer)
3. Malfurion Stormrage (this would never happen, but druids for life!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom