• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Crossing fingers for Nintendo Animated Cinematic Universe (including both movies and tv series).

I don't think a Nintendo cinematic universe would work, but more projects from their series would be good. A Fire Emblem: Awakening trilogy would be really cool, for instance. Also an ARMS film.

just... ditch Illumination.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Who the hell is Jecht? googles it ...Make this fanservice for female and male gaze.

Jokes aside, I'd like a new FF character to be a party member instead of another protagonist or bad guy. There are too many good options to just limit them with the standard set by Cloud and Sephiroth.
Well, Tifa fits with what you're asking for. But that's FFVII again.

I think the best options, without feeling very forced, would be Vivi, Yuna or some of the party members in FFVI, some of them are as important as Terra.

VI has been always a game with a choral cast, Terra is considered the protagonist because she appears since the beginning, she's always marketed as the face of the game and well, she obviously is an important character, but it's not like other games where when you talk about the cast you will probably say "Cloud and the others", "Squall and his friends" and more. With FFVI that works not only for Terra but also Locke, Celes, Edgar and Sabin, IMO.

In fact, I might be remembering it wrong but you can do the final act of the game without Terra. Only Celes, Edgar and Setzer are mandatory, from there you can do the final dungeon without recruiting the other party members.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
A lot of attempts by other studios trying to make their own cinematic universe have mostly gone down in flames so I'd rather not see Nintendo attempt to do it as well.

I don't think it really makes sense for Nintendo's properties, anyways. The MCU made sense because all of Marvel's characters live together in the same world, and do big crossovers with each other all the time while having their own individual stories, and the MCU is basically just that that in movie form. Meanwhile outside of Smash, most of Nintendo's franchises/universes are segmented from each other, barring some cute references to each other or maybe a cameo here and there (like Link in Mario Kart 8).
Ah, must be why Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story didn't work.

Well, Tifa fits what you're asking for. But that's FFVII again.

I think the best options, without feeling very forced, would be Vivi, Yuna or some of the party members in FFVI, some of them are as important as Terra.

VI has been always a game with a choral cast, Terra is considered the protagonist because she appears since the beginning, she's always marketed as the face of the game and well, she obviously is an important character, but it's not like other games where when you talk about the cast you will probably say "Cloud and the others", "Squall and his friends" and more. With FFVI that works not only for Terra but also Locke, Celes, Edgar and Sabin, IMO.

In fact, I might be remembering it wrong but you can do the final act of the game without Terra. Only Celes, Edgar and Setzer are mandatory, from there you can do the final dungeon without recruiting the other party members.

Yeah, in a way, Yuna isn't completely a main protagonist; she's also half-side character.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, in a way, Yuna isn't completely a main protagonist; she's also half-side character.
To be honest Yuna and Vivi I think could be considered main characters, the thing is that they're not the one you actually play with or the main one.

So maybe I was somewhat cheating with that answer lol

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Maybe it's because it's midnight but I don't see how changing something potentially offensive 'defeats the purpose'. Like, you don't see people upset at Great Ace Attorney Chronicles because they changed the literal racial slur used in fan translations to Nipponese, if something as standard as that ruins the entire localization people have been begging for about 15 years, then does that apply to how Kumatora wouldn't yell "Damn" anymore in one scene or change a few names? Besides, I thought copyrighted music was Mother 3's biggest issue
The discussion to remove the racial slurs from the Great Ace Attorney's official localization is actually a great example of how removing potentially offensive elements from a work in localization can actively harm the script and the user experience.

I think a lot of people assume that the GAA fan translation used slurs in the same way most translations do: as an uncreative shorthand to display that a character speaks in a vulgar manner. However, GAA was actually quite tasteful in its use of these words. They appear very rarely (IIRC, less than 20 times in the entire game), are used exclusively by antagonistic forces, and are strategically placed in key scenes for the purposes of enhancing characterization and world-building. The fact that these characters are willing to call Naruhodo, Mikotoba, and Asogi such horrific things solely on the basis of their race conveys a significant element of their personalities, beliefs, and values in a single word of dialogue. Likewise, it helps truly frame the situation that the characters are in. Naruhodo's not just practicing law in a foreign country with different norms and rules to Japan, he's practicing law in an extremely stratified society that automatically places him on the outside for his immutable characteristics. Could this language hurt the player emotionally by reminding them of similar situations where they were discriminated against? Absolutely, and I'm incredibly sorry for anyone who has had to endure that kind of treatment. However, the fact that the player can genuinely relate to the plight of Naruhodo demonstrates that the writers are creating a believable conflict that truly has the player emotionally invested. The way the fan translation uses slurs ultimately benefits the characters, setting, themes, and conflict of the work.

Replace these slurs with words that don't carry the same prejudice and emotional weight, then you lose a lot of these benefits. The antagonists don't seem as racist and, thusly, immoral as in the original text or fan translation, making the player less invested in opposing these characters and achieving justice. Victorian England doesn't feel quite as stratified and inaccessible, giving the player a mudder idea of what the world that the characters occupy is actually like. The player doesn't feel hurt to the same degree as the characters in these scenes, which disconnects them from the overall narrative and makes Naruhodo and the like feel far less real than they otherwise would. Additionally, players are forced to contend with the paradox that the GAA's antagonists are simultaneously both overt white supremacists that view the Japanese as inferior and undeserving of equitable treatment and tolerant enough to purposely avoid language that might offend the Japanese characters. It's something that can only be reconciled if the player is willing to take a step back and realize that the GAA is a video game published by a company trying to avoid controversy, which actively breaks the player's emersion.

In terms of potential localization choices making an official Mother 3 release irrelevant, I think it's worth noting that Mother 3 is an artsy, auteur-driven game. As Tim Rogers said, Mother 3 is probably the game that has come closest to reaching the kind of storytelling found in classic literature. When people pick up Mother 3, they want to be playing the closest thing possible to Itoi's original vision and the Japanese script. Thus, if NoA and the Treehouse were to change any elements, it would actively subvert the primary reason that many are choosing to play Mother 3 regardless of whether or not it could be argued that the change is superior. Additionally, like it or not, this official release is going to be competing with Clyde Mandalin's fan translation. And if that fan translation provides an experience closer to what Itoi originally intended, why would you ever pick the official release beyond wanting to support the original development team or the greater accessibly of downloading a Switch game vs. locating, patching, and emulating a Japanese rom? Even then, the second competitive advantage becomes less and less effective as GBA emulation becomes increasingly streamlined and popular over time (Plus, most people who really know Mother 3 and its legacy are likely old and tech-savvy enough to know how to get the fan translation running). Ultimately, if Nintendo cannot or is unwilling to offer a better way to authentically experience Mother 3 than a 13-year old fan translation, then I'm honestly not sure what the point of a Nintendo-sanctioned Mother 3 translation is. That's why I see changing Mother 3 as defeating the purpose of bringing it to the West in the first place.

In terms of Mother 3's soundtrack, while it does reference popular Western music at multiple points (The first few notes of Mr. Batty's battle theme are really just the same as the 1960s Batman theme), Earthbound is the game that fans thought the soundtrack would be problematic for. Earthbound is far less subtle than Mother 3 in its musical references and it got by fine, so I don't think music is the issue. Plus, while a lawsuit between Nintendo and a bunch of music producers would technically be "controversial", Imran's comments really read to me like Nintendo's fear of public backlash was what stopped the project. Legal battles regarding what is and is not original music don't catch eyes and produce a strong, divided emotional reaction. Accusations of transphobic character designs and interactions or censorship of the most requested Western release for any game ever (depending on how Nintendo responds to the controversial elements) do.

TL;DR: Offensive elements can and should be kept in localization if they are done tastefully and genuinely add to the work, changing Mother 3 largely defeats the purpose of an official localization when it would lead to a competing alternative better meeting the expectations of consumers, and Earthbound's re-releases + Imran's comments suggest that the soundtrack isn't what's holding Mother 3 back.

Sorry for the small essay, but these are obviously sensitive issues and I thusly wanted to be as nuanced and open with my thoughts as possible when dealing with them.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Another challenge:

You can add whoever you want in Smash, you're guaranteed to get him.

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

Who is it that you choose?
My first name starts with T too so I'll go with Travis Touchdown as literally all the other characters that I support do not start with a T.

Also, seeing that tweet about Nintendo possibly getting more into animation is exciting. I would love a Smash Bros animated show.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A lot of attempts by other studios trying to make their own cinematic universe have mostly gone down in flames so I'd rather not see Nintendo attempt to do it as well.

I don't think it really makes sense for Nintendo's properties, anyways. The MCU made sense because all of Marvel's characters live together in the same world, and do big crossovers with each other all the time while having their own individual stories, and the MCU is basically just that that in movie form. Meanwhile outside of Smash, most of Nintendo's franchises/universes are segmented from each other, barring some cute references to each other or maybe a cameo here and there (like Link in Mario Kart 8).
It might not make a lot of sense to have the various Nintendo franchises coexisting in one universe but I think I speak for many when I say that the cool factor of seeing a Smash Bros. movie would more than make up for it. Honestly I could believe something like "Mushroom Kingdom exists in this continent, Hyrule exists in a separate one, and so do Kanto, Archanea, DK Island and Bionis." Stuff like Star Fox, Metroid, Kirby and F-Zero can explicitly take place in other planets, and that just leaves the problem of the likes of Earthbound, Punch-Out or Splatoon that take place in modern or futuristic settings. But if need be they could just use time travel or parallel dimensions to explain the crossovers since I doubt there'd be universe-wide implications like in the MCU.

The one problem I do want to see Nintendo handle is the great proportion of characters that are functionally mute. Some like Samus they would probably be more flexible with but it'd be interesting to see how they tackle the issue. You can't exactly have a crossover that's just the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus casts chatting. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they handle the Mario movie.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even then we honestly don't need a cinematic universe. They can all just be separate animated films from each other.

If I had to put my honest opinions though regarding potential adaptions of Nintendo properties.

TLoZ and Kid Icarus I think would work best as animes, the latter especially since we had anime cutscenes in Uprising as as well Palutena's Sm4sh reveal, kind of feel they let that animation go to waste honestly and should get on that. Seriously I would watch it, I wanna play Uprising too which is why I wish they'd just port the damn game on the Switch already or at least available on the eShop.

Metroid as a Primal/Samurai Jack style cartoon with mostly silence and barely dialogue from Samus herself.

A NetFlix exclusive animated series of StarFox. Don't know what it is but the franchise just gives me that feel it would fit best as that.

Kirby, Splatoon, and maybe Donkey Kong working the best as potential full-length animated feature films. When I look at Splatoon especially it feels like something out of DreamWorks who I think should get the rights to do an animated adaption to it.
MonsterVerse?

After the apparent success that was Godzilla vs. Kong which will go down as the first blockbuster in the COVID era that saved theatrical cinema thus will probably make it and the kaiju genre more popular then ever. It's looking rather promising for the MonsterVerse. Even then I'd argue out of any cinematic universes outside the MCU it has managed to done well on its own. Two of its movies (G14 and K:SI making both over $500 million equaling a billion dollars) and already close to 2 billion, one movie only having had underperformed. Pretty decent if you ask me.

Will it perhaps go as long as the MCU had or ever reach its popularity and success? Most likely and probably not but I could potentially see it reaching up to 10+ movies followed by various TV shows tied to it (There's going to be a Skull Island anime that's potentially a prequel and a rumored MONARCH show for HBOMax) and more comics (Godzilla: Awakening, Godzilla: Aftershock, Skull Island: Birth of Kong, Godzilla: Dominion, GvK Kingdom Kong) if it continues to do its cards right.

Even then story-consistent and worldbuilding-wise its doing better then what the DCEU ever could have done.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Even then we honestly don't need a cinematic universe. They can all just be separate animated films from each other.
But I want a Smash movie tho. This is the Smash forum, I demand a Smash movie!

Speaking seriously now, if the aim is to make movies/TV shows for more than just their biggest IP then they need to rely on a cinematic universe, or at least a structure that builds to a crossover once every couple of years. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, those franchises will probably draw audiences to theaters on name power alone. But the smaller brands like Pikmin or Fire Emblem might need to rely on a larger franchise to attract mainstream interest. And if the goal of getting into movies is to get new people acquainted with their franchises, then I imagine they're not just planning to promote their best known IP and call it a day.

To be fair streaming helps out a lot, I could see something like a Kid Icarus animated series performing well on Netflix (because anything that's new and/or has a name brand attached does well there), but that still leaves a lot of stuff like Donkey Kong or Kirby that might fit the movie format better in terms of narrative but might not be a safe sell on their own.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
The problem I have with a Nintendo movie universe is that a lot of the characters simply don’t translate well to movies.

I mean, how the hell would a Kirby movie work? The main antithesis of those games is story is simple and stupid (with deep basically Lovecraftian lore) and gameplay always comes first in its silly worlds.

Some series would work, Metroid and LoZ for example, but even then Link and Samus would need to be made more actual characters than silent blank slates.

In my opinion the best possible story to be gotten from these game universes is in a Subspace like mode for a video game.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Also, seeing that tweet about Nintendo possibly getting more into animation is exciting. I would love a Smash Bros animated show.
You had it. It was called Captain N. It was bad.

It might not make a lot of sense to have the various Nintendo franchises coexisting in one universe but I think I speak for many when I say that the cool factor of seeing a Smash Bros. movie would more than make up for it. Honestly I could believe something like "Mushroom Kingdom exists in this continent, Hyrule exists in a separate one, and so do Kanto, Archanea, DK Island and Bionis." Stuff like Star Fox, Metroid, Kirby and F-Zero can explicitly take place in other planets, and that just leaves the problem of the likes of Earthbound, Punch-Out or Splatoon that take place in modern or futuristic settings.
Again, you are just describing Captain N here. :p

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The problem I have with a Nintendo movie universe is that a lot of the characters simply don’t translate well to movies.

I mean, how the hell would a Kirby movie work? The main antithesis of those games is story is simple and stupid (with deep basically Lovecraftian lore) and gameplay always comes first in its silly worlds.

Some series would work, Metroid and LoZ for example, but even then Link and Samus would need to be made more actual characters than silent blank slates.

In my opinion the best possible story to be gotten from these game universes is in a Subspace like mode for a video game.
Kirby has some insane lore. Power-hungry kings, multiple godlike universal conquerors, battles between the strongest warriors in the universe, whatever the hell Marx wanted, there's a lot that can be mined from there. Hell, Kirby's Adventure had that plot twist where Dedede turned out to be good all along, and that was a freaking NES game. If there's one franchise I'm not worried in terms of plot it's Kirby.

Plus, it, and most other franchises Nintendo could adapt, could benefit enormously from relying on the animated medium to create some visual spectacle. Do some action sequences, with crazy colors and fluid animation, these are videogames so action sequences should be easy to incorporate. As a lover of Western animation (the good and the bad) you'd be surprised by how many movies share the simple narrative of "heroes start at X and need to get to Y; cool stuff happens on the journey" so it's not like it would be outside the norm.

And as for Samus, it'd be incredibly easy to make her an engaging character. Partly because she is in several Metroid games, but also she has lots of backstory from the manga that gives depth to her interactions with villains and allies alike. Just move that to flashbacks and boom. Link is the only thing I haven't figured out because he's the one character I think they can't make speak without a huge backlash. But depending on what game they adapt, he could just have someone like Midna or Fi as a mouthpiece.

(As you can see I've given all of this way too much thought. But I really think Nintendo could pull it off and have massive success of they play their cards right.)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

You can make a decent movie out of just about any Nintendo franchise with a little tweaking and imagination.

"With the help of his loyal Shih Tzu secretary, A newly appointed mayor learns the ropes of running a small town in hopes of putting it back on the map."

"In a world of humanoid sea creatures, a young Inkling tries to balance his time between leading his turf war team to the championships and saving his world from being overthrown by a race known as Octolings."

"After an adorable pink creature known as Kirby comes crashing into his life, a young boy goes on an adventure to help him return home before the villainous Nightmare Wizard covers the universe in darkness."

Last edited:

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
Another challenge:

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

I can’t even think of any characters whose name starts with a J...

OH DANG WAIT definitely Jill from RE

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet

I don’t even want a Nintendo movie universe or anything but to be fair I feel like Kirby: Right Back At Ya! shows that you can make entertaining media out of Kirby and other video games. I just feel like the reason video game movies never work is because either 1. the directors aren’t into or understand the source material 2. can’t figure out a way to translate it into a movie 3. the studios interfere to make it more palatable for the general audience or 4. a combination of what I just said. Or 5. they don’t care at all and they just want money... actually, I think that’s the story for most video games movies. They are getting better though, if Sonic and Detective Pikachu are anything to go by...

I just hope one day we get a good FF7 movie, live action or not. Well I love Advent Children despite it honestly being not very good in a lot of aspects but I just mean a straight adaptation of the source material. A LoZ or Metroid movie would be great too!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Link is the only thing I haven't figured out because he's the one character I think they can't make speak without a huge backlash. But depending on what game they adapt, he could just have someone like Midna or Fi as a mouthpiece.
I mean, we could just have him explicitly mute/nonverbal and not just that guy who never speaks for some unexplained reason (Besides BotW, where it is explained). Besides, he's talked quite a bit in the mangas, though I could see why people might be a bit hesitant about him having actual voice acting beyond the grunts.

Shadowvegeta

Smash Cadet
Had a dream that we got 3 more passes after FP2 and this is what we got.

pass 2:
81: Master Chief
82: Crash Bandicoot

Pass 3:
83: Dr. Eggman
84: Rayman
85: Ayumi
86: Porky
87: King Boo
88-90: Cynthia (Spiritomb, Roserade, Garchomp)

Assist Pass:
91: Waluigi
92: Krystal
93: Isaac
94: Midna
95: Shadow
96: Bomberman

Echo Pass:
11 E: Black Shadow
14 E: Dry Bowser
16 E: Impa
36 E: Dixie Kong
64 E: Octoling

was pretty pissed when I woke up lets just say lol.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

pass 2:

Pass 3:

Assist Pass:

Echo Pass:

Seems like this timeline has FP2 go out with a bang and then has pretty safe, close-to-home characters for the rest of the game's lifespan. Twelve (fifteen, actually) more characters and five more echoes is a pretty big number, though, even if none of them are mindblowing picks. Cool to get Eggman, King Boo, and Shadow as well. Overall, if this was our future, I'd call it alright.

cothero

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anyone discussing about the likelihood of a Granblue Fantasy character being one of the last two fighters. I remember a rumour about a conversation between Nintendo and Cygames, but i don't remember the source.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
View attachment 313483
Sorry, he's gonna take ur invite
Oh, hey, I thought I was the only one with the idea of Porky's moveset being his M3 form plus Porkybots.

Actually, that's a good point - I've never really figured out what point in his character progression Porky should be based on should he get into Smash. Smug suit Porky from the middle of EarthBound, walking around making trouble? Heavily armed Porky from the end of EarthBound, with a spider mech? Wheezing manchild in a octopedal tube Porky from Mother 3? He's slid a long way - I think that's half the appeal of him, honestly - but it makes it real hard to choose.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

pass 2:

Pass 3:

Assist Pass:

Echo Pass:

Let's just say...I'm a bit skeptical you had a dream where 20 different characters were announced, and you somehow managed to remember all of them when you woke up.

It's just your wishlist dude. You don't gotta make up stories.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You can make a decent movie out of just about any Nintendo franchise with a little tweaking and imagination.

"With the help of his loyal Shih Tzu secretary, A newly appointed mayor learns the ropes of running a small town in hopes of putting it back on the map."

"In a world of humanoid sea creatures, a young Inkling tries to balance his time between leading his turf war team to the championships and saving his world from being overthrown by a race known as Octolings."

"After an adorable pink creature known as Kirby comes crashing into his life, a young boy goes on an adventure to help him return home before the villainous Nightmare Wizard covers the universe in darkness."
I like it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Let's just say...I'm a bit skeptical you had a dream where 20 different characters were announced, and you somehow managed to remember all of them when you woke up.

It's just your wishlist dude. You don't gotta make up stories.
I don't even know how people manage to dream about Smash Bros.

All of my dreams are related to food and I don't even remember what I eat in them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
;DR: Offensive elements can and should be kept in localization if they are done tastefully and genuinely add to the work, changing Mother 3 largely defeats the purpose of an official localization when it would lead to a competing alternative better meeting the expectations of consumers, and Earthbound's re-releases + Imran's comments suggest that the soundtrack isn't what's holding Mother 3 back.
I really do not agree, the change to Nipponese manages to come across as immensely rude without being a literal slur as we know it's an incorrect term that's being used not out of ignorance but out of malice, with the sentencing using Nipponese being horrid, such as "You Nipponese are a truly fascinating breed" comparing Japanese to animals because nobody says breed instead of race for humans. This still manages to convey the exact same tone without breaking the series' strict filter on profanity, only using a word that gets censored here once with it being addressed as a "oh **** that's a vile word". The idea that any change would turn off everyone is weird and stupid because even if Mother 3 changed the characters who's name is a pun on a racial slur while their demeanor can be seen as offensive to the LGBT, I cannot agree that changing this would be for the worst for 'muh purity', the fan translation changed a little, but nobody decries it for changing Itoi's vision, in fact, considering Itoi's politics in the series, he wouldn't mind changing something that would be seen as offensive. This mindset is exclusively used by people who see literally any change in a localization as evil censorship that ruins the entire experience citing examples like Akiba's Beat changing 'KKK Witches' even when the developers gladly changed that when being informed of what KKK meant in the US as it wouldn't be seen as a reference to NKK Switches.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another challenge:

BUT;

Ny name starts with Z, so I choose Zote.

This game needs more ZoteBoat represention.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anyone discussing about the likelihood of a Granblue Fantasy character being one of the last two fighters. I remember a rumour about a conversation between Nintendo and Cygames, but i don't remember the source.
One of the first dlc leaks claimed it was Katalina but iirc the leaker backtracked on it and Katalina herself would be a pretty odd choice. Gran probably has okay chances, as Nintendo has worked with Cygames on their own mobile game and Granblue is quite popular...but as a character I think he’s pretty underwhelming.

I personally don’t think Nintendo cares about the mobile market enough at this point to push for a gacha character in Smash, but if we do get one I imagine they’ll be from puzzles & dragons or Fate.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Well, regarding Samus Hunter:
Miitopia? Check
ACNH update? Check
MHR 2.0? Check
The NSO thing? TBD (unless you count Super Mario Party and that’s a stretch)
Mario Golf? Probably check, I don’t really care about it
Ace attorney? Check
Zelda? TBD
Pokémon? TBD

they also called the indie world:

like I said, take with a grain of salt, but so far, they seem to have a decent track record
Most of the stuff they called in the first one was already known in the February Direct and the Pokemon Direct. That was posted in April.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
MonsterVerse?

After the apparent success that was Godzilla vs. Kong which will go down as the first blockbuster in the COVID era that saved theatrical cinema thus will probably make it and the kaiju genre more popular then ever. It's looking rather promising for the MonsterVerse. Even then I'd argue out of any cinematic universes outside the MCU it has managed to done well on its own. Two of its movies (G14 and K:SI making both over $500 million equaling a billion dollars) and already close to 2 billion, one movie only having had underperformed. Pretty decent if you ask me.

Will it perhaps go as long as the MCU had or ever reach its popularity and success? Most likely and probably not but I could potentially see it reaching up to 10+ movies followed by various TV shows tied to it (There's going to be a Skull Island anime that's potentially a prequel and a rumored MONARCH show for HBOMax) and more comics (Godzilla: Awakening, Godzilla: Aftershock, Skull Island: Birth of Kong, Godzilla: Dominion, GvK Kingdom Kong) if it continues to do its cards right.

Even then story-consistent and worldbuilding-wise its doing better then what the DCEU ever could have done.
I suppose so, but even MonsterVerse felt like it was on death's door for awhile after how much of a critical and commercial dud King of the Monsters turned out to be. Thankfully Godzilla vs. Kong dug it out of the grave for now.

Last edited:

rightj553

Smash Rookie
My only guesses for the next Challenger Pack are Crash and Rayman. I really want Heavy in the game, but there sadly isn't a big chance that he'll get in.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
We doing Nintendo cinematic universe? Alright.

okay, we know metroids and komaytos are eerily similar. And luckily for that both Pit and Samus have the ability to cross planets.

F-Zero has James McCloud. Star Fox became G-Zero racers in one ending. They are connected but different dimensions. In the star fox dimension, it’s all animal people. Everyone in both is spacefaring.

Donkey Kong, yoshi, and Mario are obviously in some kind or very direct shared planet. And as of the galaxy games, not confined to it.

Kirby jumps planets all the time. Easy for him to join in.

all works easy, everyone gets their own planets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom