• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Another challenge:

You can add whoever you want in Smash, you're guaranteed to get him.

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

Who is it that you choose?
My first name starts with P, so...

...nyeh heh heh...

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, so I just had a thought of what the rumored DLC could be. I think it could be a new story/adventure mode DLC that you must buy both fighter pass 1 and 2 or just fighter pass 2 to get it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well, regarding Samus Hunter:
Miitopia? Check
ACNH update? Check
MHR 2.0? Check
The NSO thing? TBD (unless you count Super Mario Party and that’s a stretch)
Mario Golf? Probably check, I don’t really care about it
Ace attorney? Check
Zelda? TBD
Pokémon? TBD

they also called the indie world:

like I said, take with a grain of salt, but so far, they seem to have a decent track record
OK, I won't argue that he didn't get things right. But he casually dropped that Mother 3 is already translated and ready to go, which is a bold statement. Especially when he waited for Terry's tweet to say that. I feel like he is trying to grab some attention of what is trending currently.

Also some people argue he could be playing a guessing game.

I cast doubt.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok, so I just had a thought of what the rumored DLC could be. I think it could be a new story/adventure mode DLC that you must buy both fighter pass 1 and 2 or just fighter pass 2 to get it.
Idk why that’d be the case

BUT it could also be a mini extension to just have the DLC peeps appear in the WoL maps

...but nah. That wouldn’t be a practical sell and is better for a free patch

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
First of all, that's not happening.

Second of all, what rumored DLC are you even talking about?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
OK, I won't argue that he didn't get things right. But he casually dropped that Mother 3 is already translated and ready to go, which is a bold statement. Especially when he waited for Terry's tweet to say that. I feel like he is trying to grab some attention of what is trending currently.

I cast doubt.
Yeah, press X to doubt.

Sorry, but I had to.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I had a theory for that too. An extension of World of Light, a small area which includes spirits from the DLC spirit boards (meaning Persona, Arms, Banjo-Kazooie etc...) that do not use one of the DLC fither (Pneuma couldn't appear for example), an area that includes a boss rush, and an area that allows you to play as Master Hand. It wouldn't be THAT hard to make, and would justify a certain price.
If you do not have both passes, buy it for five or ten bucks.
Definitely not happening but I would love that.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Another challenge:

BUT;

His name must start with the same letter as your first name. In my case, my first name starts with T, so I choose Tifa from FFVII.

Hmmm, not a lot of characters I want that start with a V. Though since the second letter in Eggman's real name (Ivo Robotnik) is a V, Imma cheat a little and pick Eggman.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Another challenge:

BUT;

My name starts with an R.

My most wanted is Rayman.

It was destined to be.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Another challenge:

BUT;

Jill Valentine.

Jill Valentine Joins Capcom's Mobile Card Title, TEPPEN

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Another challenge:

BUT;

Dr. Cortez

Drcortezpose.png

Time to... arrange a check up to make sure splitting through time does not cause any long term damages to my body.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Another challenge:

BUT;

Um... Dante, I guess.

Though if we were to use my online name, I'd pick Amaterasu in a heartbeat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, regarding Samus Hunter:
Miitopia? Check
ACNH update? Check
MHR 2.0? Check
The NSO thing? TBD (unless you count Super Mario Party and that’s a stretch)
Mario Golf? Probably check, I don’t really care about it
Ace attorney? Check
Zelda? TBD
Pokémon? TBD

they also called the indie world:

like I said, take with a grain of salt, but so far, they seem to have a decent track record
Calling Ace Attorney when GAA Chronicle's existence was public knowledge for 6 months with an estimated release date is hardly an accomplishment. I might as well be deemed a leaker for saying Nintendo plans on releasing a mainseries Mario game some time in the future

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Another challenge:

BUT;

Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

I cast doubt.
To be fair, while I don't necessarily trust this leaker, Mother 3's translation existing but being shelved indefinitely isn't exactly an original claim. Imran Khan claimed that the game was apparently slated to be localized but the project was halted when Nintendo realized "there were aspects of the game that weren't going to go without controversy".

Fan consensus seems to be the Magypsies are the issue, but I honestly think it's the scene where Lucas has his PSI awakened. Either way, it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, as changing any possibly offensive elements is going to defeat the purpose of finally letting an international audience experience Mother 3 and would likely make the current fan translation the superior version.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, while I don't necessarily trust this leaker, Mother 3's translation existing but being shelved indefinitely isn't exactly an original claim. Imran Khan claimed that the game was apparently slated to be localized but the project was halted when Nintendo realized "there were aspects of the game that weren't going to go without controversy".

Fan consensus seems to be the Magypsies are the issue, but I honestly think it's the scene where Lucas has his PSI awakened. Either way, it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, as changing any possibly offensive elements is going to defeat the purpose of finally letting an international audience experience Mother 3 and would likely make the current fan translation the superior version.
You can easily give the Magypsies they/them pronouns, problem solved

the PSI awakening scene... yeah, that’ll be trickier for obvious reasons...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Another challenge:

BUT;

Think I'll choose Dante.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Another challenge:

BUT;

Adding in Tomyris as the Civilization rep. I'd welcome Tifa, too, but I have no personal connection to Final Fantasy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Maybe it's because it's midnight but I don't see how changing something potentially offensive 'defeats the purpose'. Like, you don't see people upset at Great Ace Attorney Chronicles because they changed the literal racial slur used in fan translations to Nipponese, if something as standard as that ruins the entire localization people have been begging for about 15 years, then does that apply to how Kumatora wouldn't yell "Damn" anymore in one scene or change a few names? Besides, I thought copyrighted music was Mother 3's biggest issue

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Another challenge:

BUT;

Mixie Kong, Mimpa, or Misaac.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Another challenge:

BUT;

My first name starts with a V.

vivit.png

I'd be more than fine with Vivit in Smash even if there's a negative chance of it ever hapening.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Crossing fingers for Nintendo Animated Cinematic Universe (including both movies and tv series).

Just about my only hopes for this film (beyond it being, you know, good) is that Charles Martinet plays his usual roles, and that Wario and Waluigi will make some kind of appearance. If not in the film, then hopefully in any potential animation project after it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Crossing fingers for Nintendo Animated Cinematic Universe (including both movies and tv series).

Better hope Illumination doesn't mess up...
My first name starts with a V.

View attachment 313445
I'd be more than fine with Vivit in Smash even if there's a negative chance of it ever hapening.
Now THAT'S a character I didn't expect to see. Imagine if she got in before Reimu (although one could argue she's an unofficial Touhou character)...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
A lot of attempts by other studios trying to make their own cinematic universe have mostly gone down in flames so I'd rather not see Nintendo attempt to do it as well.

I don't think it really makes sense for Nintendo's properties, anyways. The MCU made sense because all of Marvel's characters live together in the same world, and do big crossovers with each other all the time while having their own individual stories, and the MCU is basically just that that in movie form. Meanwhile outside of Smash, most of Nintendo's franchises/universes are segmented from each other, barring some cute references to each other or maybe a cameo here and there (like Link in Mario Kart 8).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A lot of attempts by other studios trying to make their own cinematic universe have mostly gone down in flames so I'd rather not see Nintendo attempt to do it as well.

I don't think it really makes sense for Nintendo's properties, anyways. The MCU made sense because all of Marvel's characters live together in the same world, and do big crossovers with each other all the time while having their own individual stories, and the MCU is basically just that that in movie form. Meanwhile outside of Smash, most of Nintendo's franchises/universes are segmented from each other, barring some cute references to each other or maybe a cameo here and there (like Link in Mario Kart 8).
They could make a Smash Cinematic Universe. Smashers, Assemble!... :troll:

But yeah, I agree with what you said, seriously. I can imagine a lot of money would be lost if they tried and failed. Not worth it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Another challenge:

BUT;

N, let's see...Niko Bellic? Nick from L4D2? Nakoruru? N? This game made me realize we need more characters whose names start with N. There's also Noctis and Noob Saibot, but...Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom