• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's a game, a character from the last 3 games you've played will be the final DLC packs. For me this would be:

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Spongebob with Spongebob Dream stage coming soon!!!
Doomguy
Reese Worthington
Cinderace

Pretty solid pass.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Here's a game, a character from the last 3 games you've played will be the final DLC packs. For me this would be:

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Alucard (Castlevania)
Impostor (Among Us)
Actually, I would be very happy with this. My most wanted in Phoenix, and old favorite in Alucard, and new blood with the Impostor.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I see. Sad that we can't even input a PNG with a name and an effect, but I assume the mod community will eventually find a way.

Oh, one more thing: what about loops? Do you have to pick a song that loops well enough or does the game already have a system in place to ensure that?
The music files themselves have the loop points coded into them. Smash uses a file format called nus3audio, and those files contain data to tell the game when the loop should start and end. If you make your own nus3audio file with an mp3 you made yourself or something, you can define those same parameters on your own.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Brian(Quest 64)
Mr. Resetti(with maybe a Don-based alt?)
Slime(since Hero is pretty much already there, and also is a Mii costume incidentally).

...I'm not going to really count Smash Ultimate either, but I think I did play Dragon Quest 1 last anyway?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Zero (Mega Man)
Diablo
Isaac

I would honestly not mind this. I just started playing MM Zero today and it's a rad game. Diablo is a straight up sick pick, and Isaac is the perfect way to end the DLC cycle in my opinion.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Hmmm from the top of my head not counting Smash Ultimate.

Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Trilogy)
Shark (Maneater)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat 11)

Pretty satisfied. The shark from Maneater is a plus.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Ori
Zagreus
Jonesy

I’d be down for it & I think a lot of people would... before we got to Jonesy lol

If we get Jonesy, then I demand a Mancake alt skin.

68A41117-7138-4E2B-B799-01D25AD36808.jpeg

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Well don't this look neat?

This is so beautiful. To see a fully HD costume of the beloved charactrer. I think Geno fans wanted this at the very least.

Technomage

Smash Champion

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Okay, let's see what three games I've played most recently (assuming Smash Ultimate doesn't count):

Madeline (from Celeste)
Tom Nook (from Animal Crossing New Horizons)
Squall Leonhart (from Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Should I get Hades? A lot of you seem to be playing it from your lists and I could use a game to play with FF7
Short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: imo it's Supergiant's best game so far, and I'd even argue it's the best game in its genre, setting the bar for any future roguelikes and roguelites, both in terms of mechanics and narrative.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Slightly off-topic, but since you're one of the resident (HA) stans here: who do you think would be picked as a character, hypothetically?

Admittedly, I know little of RE, but I don't think it's easy to make any of the protags into alts or Echoes. And imo it would be Jill or Leon, but I wanted to hear from someonw who is more invested in the series.
I know the question is aimed towards Scoliosis, but I wanted to give my take here.

I think it's pretty much between Jill, Chris or Leon. They wouldn't do Wesker, as some people has suggested a few times, I'm pretty sure of that.

The thing is, I think it's hard to tell who they would choose. Obviously that's up to Nintendo and Sakurai, but I honestly think the 3 characters have strong reasons for being picked. I don't see anyone more likely. Still, a few things to consider

- If we look at Capcom it always feels like they prefer Chris. They usually push him as the face of the series, or the closest thing to that. He was in MvC 3 and Infinite, and so far he's the main character with most appearances in the mainline series. He's been appearing in all mainline RE games since RE5, including the upcoming RE8 Village, and in RE it isn't very usual for main characters to appear that frequently

- Leon, in the other hand, has appeared in RE2, RE4 and RE6. He has never appeared in Marvel vs Capcom, which is surprising considering he's pretty popular, or other meaningful crossovers, like Teppen (a Capcom mobile game), as far as I know.

- Jill has appeared in RE1, RE3 and RE5. Plus she has appeared in Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3.

- While Chris is popular among fans, Jill and Leon seem to be the most popular characters. Specially Leon. A 2018 popularity poll in the official website had the following results
1. Leon Kennedy (43%)
2. Chris Redfield (23%)
3. Jill Valentine (21%)
4. Claire Redfield (13%)
source: https://www.residentevil.net/es/question-result-112-rV5ykddT.html

Obviously this poll isn't the only one out there, but it's really strange to find one where Leon isn't the number one. I personally think it would be Chris if Nintendo and Sakurai just want a RE character and let Capcom to make suggestions. Obviously if Sakurai wanted another character, Capcom would agree for sure, at least with the facts we know (that they have been pretty much supportive and collaborative when it comes to Smash).

If Sakurai or Nintendo had someone in mind before approaching Capcom, I just feel it's hard to say for sure who would be. If they care about popularity, I guess Leon. But Jill is also very popular.
RE4 was a massive game changer and it was originally a GameCube exclusive. Same case, though, for REmake, which has Chris and Jill as the main characters.

So... I don't really have a clue lol. I say each one has a 33% chance to be picked, and the 1% left is Sakurai being a madman and doing a Hero thing with Resident Evil lol (which wouldn't really work, by the way).

If you ask me, I'd rather have Leon or Jill (specially Leon, I'm not gonna lie) instead of Chris, but Chris is also cool and would make sense.

EDIT: Sorry, I checked the source again and I was wrong, it wasn't a question about "which character do you like more" or anything like that. it was a different thing. I just saw the numbers and go with it lol

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Should I get Hades? A lot of you seem to be playing it from your lists and I could use a game to play with FF7
Yes.

It's a great roguelite that takes the best of the genre (procedural generation with a tight gameplay loop) and leaves out some of the rougher pieces as you get stronger across runs.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

ignoring Smash Ultimate itself

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy)
LEGO Darth Vader (LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga)
Meowser (Super Mario Maker 2)

I was testing mods for TCS, does that count as playing it? That includes a very rough Geno mod that I made using Lando Calrissian as a base. I chose to use Meowser for SMM2 because I made a joke about him on these boards.

What a ride this would be.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Assuming Smash Bros. doesn't count:

CP9 becomes Ring Fit. Not really normal so far, given that RFA was Spirited.

Super Mario Odyssey is one of the last 3 played, so guess Pauline makes it in as CP10?

Ummm.... what would be the playable Civilization rep? Gandhi? A normal unit? Because if we go by last played faction, I just finished a Canada game (on Civ 6's standard difficulty since I'm not a Civ expert, nothing too crazy. On higher difficulties AI factions gain increasingly ridicoulous bonuses, as is tradition in the Civ series, to make up for artificial stupidity). To go in depth:

It took quite a few restarts, but eventually got a start that I went with: I started out in the proverbial Amazon surrounded by rainforest, city states and Genghis Khan's Mongolia as one of my neighbors. But managed to get a few cities in the tundra-rich north before the game's Industrial Era kicked in. Won a culture victory (if one manages to get more visiting tourists from other civs than any other civs has domestic tourists, one of 6 possible victory routes), partly thanks to Ice Hockey rinks (Canada's unique building of course) and National Parks... one of which was established by a Mountie (Canada's unique unit, yeah, Civilization does lean on stereotypes quite a lot when it comes to the playable factions / nations).

A Mountie (I doubt that Wilfrid Laurier being CP11 would make much sense) would be one of the most insane things. So overall, it would be one of the most surreal stretches of speculation. A lot of people would increasingly jump on the first-party train... only to be greeted with a mixture of "Vive la Canadienne" and "O Canada":

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Darkrai (Pokken)
Shark (Yu Gi Oh Duel Links)
Master Chief (Halo)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: imo it's Supergiant's best game so far, and I'd even argue it's the best game in its genre, setting the bar for any future roguelikes and roguelites, both in terms of mechanics and narrative.
Yes.

It's a great roguelite that takes the best of the genre (procedural generation with a tight gameplay loop) and leaves out some of the rougher pieces as you get stronger across runs.
I didn’t know Hades was a roguelite, hope its as good as Spelunky. Lucky for me its 20% off.
Thanks.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sakurai POTD.

Speaking of which Sakurai is now only posting these on the weekdays since he himself said that he has around the range of 100 pictures left. So there's a probably a working model for the last 3 fighters now.

I'm thinking CP9 will be revealed either in the return of the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 if they come back or on the presentation in March.
CP10 and 11 will be at E3 with 11 the last one being released at the end of August or early September.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of which Sakurai is now only posting these on the weekdays since he himself said that he has around the range of 100 pictures left. So there's a probably a working model for the last 3 fighters now.

I'm thinking CP9 will be revealed either in the return of the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 if they come back or on the presentation in March.
CP10 and 11 will be at E3 with 11 the last one being released at the end of August or early September.
I could buy this theory. Sakurai slowin' down on pics not just because he's runnin' out, but because some of the pics he has left showcase characters who aren't revealed.

Makes sense to me, personally.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I dunno if we'll see a dual reveal next year at E3 (if E3 happens in the same traditional manner, or if Nintendo even takes part), but I do agree that this info is most likely an indication that development is slowing down.

Definitely feeling what Shroob Shroob shared about this earlier: I really do think we're in the endgame with these final three. :nifty:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay So I got to reconsider all these characters for Theory crafting, so who do you think is the Most Likely out of these

Frisk
Jonsey
Apex Legends character
Rex
Elma
Monokuma
Euden
Gran/Djeeta or Katalina
Freddy Fazbear

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Let’s see...
Stacking: Charlie Blackmore
Disney Afternoon Collection: Uh... Scrooge McDuck?
Overwatch: Tracer

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Hat Kid (Messed around with mods earlier tonight lol.)
Shadow (I played some SA2 earlier today.)
Destiny 2 Guardian (I played this earlier this afternoon with my folks. Would make absolutely no sense but I'd be down.)

Hat Kid would be the greatest thing to ever happen for me and the other two would be pretty nice, so I'd actually make out pretty well. :p

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Hat Kid
Spongebob (lmao)
Chrono

Not counting Smash...
Adol (Ys II)
Alm (Fire Emblem Echoes)
Ryza (Atelier Ryza)

So two very fun and addicting RPGs... And the obligatory Fire Emblem character.

Yeah, I honestly don't see the problem with this.

(Note that I'm counting Celica out of the FE equation, since I only just got to her chapter and I haven't even played a map with her)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wonder how low the sales of the Smash 4 costume must have been for them to decide this level of modelling work was not financially beneficial. Ah well, modders to the rescue.
I don’t think that’s why it came back mostly unchanged, personally. Could’ve been a part of that Nintendo Mario initiative or whatever was rumored. The whole Toads can’t have appearance differences in spin off games is the big one that effected the last few Mario RPG games. It sucks to say but it might be Nintendo’s doing for us not getting Geno.

It could’ve been that Square doesn’t plan on using the character going forward therefor it didn’t make enough business sense to put said character in the spotlight for the incredible publicity that Smash brings.

Or it could be that, maybe it just wasn’t the right time. All things considered Geno has one thing going for him. Fan demand. We’ll see if that pushes him far enough in both publishers eyes in the future but it seems like, right now, it just wasn’t the right move for the two companies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Leaning towards March given the next amiibo releases.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I don’t think that’s why it came back mostly unchanged, personally. Could’ve been a part of that Nintendo Mario initiative or whatever was rumored. The whole Toads can’t have appearance differences in spin off games is the big one that effected the last few Mario RPG games. It sucks to say but it might be Nintendo’s doing for us not getting Geno.

It could’ve been that Square doesn’t plan on using the character going forward therefor it didn’t make enough business sense to put said character in the spotlight for the incredible publicity that Smash brings.

Or it could be that, maybe it just wasn’t the right time. All things considered Geno has one thing going for him. Fan demand. We’ll see if that pushes him far enough in both publishers eyes in the future but it seems like, right now, it just wasn’t the right move for the two companies.
Maybe you're right. But personally, I can't imagine the Wahoominati/Square being fine with licensing Geno and his body/clothes but also saying "if you include his head the deal is OFF!". These are businesses and if including the head would have meant more money, they probably would have done it (assuming rational decision making). Maybe because we are in such a tiny bubble we overestimate the actual amount of fan demand Geno has. It could actually be so tiny, in terms of sales, that it basically doesn't matter to Nintendo and never will. It's impossible to say without sales data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom