• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If we were to go the generic Nintendo enemy route again, I think there's enough various attacks/abilities with the Space Pirates from various Metroid titles to get something decent out of it.
Oh, I would love to see a Space Pirate in Smash someday! Really!

SKX31

Smash Master
Haha, that's about right. Here's V2:
View attachment 312324
Thank you very much! Now I'mma destroy it all:

smashhint.png

(Yes, I know. Clearly the leftovers from the hint being resized and the paint.net image being flattened means that I'm a certified meme master. :4pacman: )

Source is Smash 4 - and thing is, it is still true as of Ultimate.

If we were to go the generic Nintendo enemy route again, I think there's enough various attacks/abilities with the Space Pirates from various Metroid titles to get something decent out of it.
Huh, the Space Pirates could be pretty damn interesting. Would they combine the attacks mostly from the Prime games (and the various Pirate variants in those games), or are you primarily thinking the 2D games? I only know of the Prime Pirates really, so leaning towards them being a swordie / zoner combination of sorts using their beams and what not.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I love how with Metroid people can only think of enemies to add to Smash because of the nature of the game lol
Well I was just hypothetically continuing the Piranha Plant theme of utilizing generic enemies. One could probably have more Metroid related fighters in Smash with some creativity, even those beyond Sylux. In that regard:

Its a pity they haven't gotten around to really featuring the villainous Chozo beyond the tease in the Samus Returns remake. Them prominent in a future title and then ending up in Smash would be pretty wild.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, I would love to see a Space Pirate in Smash someday! Really!
I mean...

Weavel was a Space Pirate turned Cyborg. It could be interesting to give him like Space Pirate attacks and abilities alongside his own unique weaponry with his energy blade and Battlehammer.

I know Metroid is Samus and world exploring-focused, but man, here's hoping Sylux is popular enough to encourage more characters to appear for Metroid.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I wasn't too on board with Diablo in Smash until I saw this video:

This whole idea of a Diablo character revolving around area control is genius. More people need to talk about this video, not nearly enough people do. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on this as well.
I love that this video exists. I’ve been saying that a character from Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo would be awesome for Smash and Diablo himself would be epic. I personally prefer his/her Diablo 3 design but he was still great in Diablo 2 as well. The moveset idea is really interesting and unique and he would likely be one of my most played characters.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
always blows me away that Sakurai cites international appeal as part of the requirements for a character being included but then didn't know about Mother 3 not being localized

like it only matters that a character is available everywhere if Sakurai knows about it. imagine if he never checked if Mysterious Murasame Castle or Famicom Detective Club came out overseas and just went "yeah these characters are all-stars, fight a school girl and a samurai". we'd probably have 8 characters from each of those series playable by now.
It's such a unique circumstance, but I'm sure that only happened because Lucas was already planned to be in Melee and was a semi-known entity from "EarthBound 64". Brawl's project plan was put together in 2005, and more people than not would have believed that a localisation was likely or possible at that time. Nintendo may not even have decided yet. By the time they found out the truth, removing a starting roster character wasn't on the cards at all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hope we get more 3DS ports from Grezzo, like Miitopia. Ever Oasis was a good game that released too late, and KI: Uprising could use some good controls.
This is probably as good as "Kid Icarus Uprising: Good Controls edition" that we're gonna get.

looks at 433 hours on KI:U

People are okay with tapping their phone 24/7, but get them to even move their wrists and they break in seconds.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
You know what I haven't seen anyone discuss in Smash, even after a trip to the Newcomer Thread Directory?

Neopets.

I know a series that's primarily a 2000s-era flash-based MMO-adjacent game is a little far afield of what we typically consider as Smash candidates, but I've seen at least one person rooting for Club Penguin on here, so I figured I'd at least find someone for Neopets.

...Admittedly, I know basically nothing about Neopets beyond watching an LP of The Darkest Faerie, so I wouldn't actually be able to discuss anything, but still.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
You know what I haven't seen anyone discuss in Smash, even after a trip to the Newcomer Thread Directory?

Neopets.

I know a series that's primarily a 2000s-era flash-based MMO-adjacent game is a little far afield of what we typically consider as Smash candidates, but I've seen at least one person rooting for Club Penguin on here, so I figured I'd at least find someone for Neopets.

...Admittedly, I know basically nothing about Neopets beyond watching an LP of The Darkest Faerie, so I wouldn't actually be able to discuss anything, but still.
Psst, maybe this will help you:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Neopets.

Flashbacks to early 2000s

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Slime could have been a great enemy in Smash Run had we had that return. Although since Hero was a DLC character I guess even in Ultimate it would have had to wait for the next Smash.
What would be even better is Metal Slimes that have a ton of rewards, but start running away the moment you get close to one.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Does anyone else have songs they want to see in Smash, but don't want to be remixed because the original song is just so perfect that a remix would probably feel like a step down?

For me, that'd be "Last Battle" from Cave Story (specifically the version I linked) and "Confronting Yourself" from Celeste.

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman

Neopets.

Man, I remember spending so much time on Neopets and Webkinz back in the day. I don’t know which Neopet would make the most sense as a fighter, tbh. My main Neopets were Kacheek, Aisha, and Jubjub, so those are the ones I primarily remember.

One thing I know for certain, though: if we ever got a Neopets challenger pack, there would be no shortage of stage ideas to draw from the mini games. The ice caves or pirate caves from Hannah’s games, the pyramids from Sutek’s Tomb, friggin HASEE BOUNCE

...Now I actually kind of want a Hasee Bounce stage

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Does anyone else have songs they want to see in Smash, but don't want to be remixed because the original song is just so perfect that a remix would probably feel like a step down?

For me, that'd be "Last Battle" from Cave Story (specifically, the "Remastered" version that first appeared in Cave Story 3D) and "Confronting Yourself" from Celeste.
Yeah, if Celeste somehow gets music in Smash, I'd rather they not touch Confronting Yourself. And after hearing the Counterattack remix they did for Pyra and Mythra, well, I'd rather they would have also put the original song in Smash. It's not like the remix is bad, but I don't know... For me it misses a lot of what I like of Counterattack.

As for some tracks I love that don't need remixes at all IMO:

I mean, I would be completely okay if certain tracks came with both the OG version and the remix, as they do sometimes, but that is something they usually do for main themes or very popular songs, so most of the times if a track gets a remix, it usually means Smash won't get the original version... which sometimes sucks.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

For me, that'd be "Last Battle" from Cave Story (specifically the version I linked) and "Confronting Yourself" from Celeste.
For me, Final Battle from Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts was one such song, but it didn't happen.

As for future songs, I have 3 I would like to see:
1. From Otto Matic, the Level 3 song (a.k.a the Slime Generator)
2. Any song from Hyrule Warriors.
3. The song that played as a hidden extra on the Call of Duty Zombies map Der Reise (albeit as a instrumental due to lyrics in the original song)

Chances of 1 or 3 happening are below 0, but maybe someday a Hyrule Warriors song could make the cut.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

These two are fine the way they are. Though, the second one is already a remix, so...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

looks at 433 hours on KI:U

People are okay with tapping their phone 24/7, but get them to even move their wrists and they break in seconds.
I mean, Nintendo gave you a stand with the game.

They knew the controls were ****y.

Like I said, this is a test. Will you be willing to pay the price, or are you too stubborn to cooperate? That's what they're looking for...
I just don't want to pay for games I have zero interest in. Can't go around smashing pots for rupees out here.

Sakurai POTD.

Ah yes the winner of the worst stage award.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean...

He has been playable in a crossover before.
Yeah, but so has pretty much every other notable Diablo character in HotS.

Here's a few:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Word of advice: buy Miitopia. I have a feeling that that one's a test...
Nintendo making a port of Miitopia to see if people are interested in other 3ds ports is as silly as that time Sega did a port of Banana blitz to see if fans wanted new Monkey ball games.

But it make sense because it's Nintendo

I just hope they port the 3ds Fire emblem games and Rhythm heaven megamix after that. A Style savvy port would be pretty fun too.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, Nintendo gave you a stand with the game.

They knew the controls were ****y.
Yeah I remember. Depending on the platform you had it on, the stand made it much more awkward than helpful. So I didn't use it.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Yeah I remember. Depending on the platform you had it on, the stand made it much more awkward than helpful. So I didn't use it.
For me personally, the controls were fine, unless I wanted to play the game for a long period of time (such as for long multiplayer sessions,) at which point the stand was necessary since my left hand would hurt from holding the 3DS singlehandedly for so long. I was playing on an original model 3DS at the time, though, which is the model that the stand was designed for. It’d probably be a lot more awkward nowadays since I’d need to play it on a New 3DS XL.

I did find one other use for the stand at one point: during my playthrough of Pokemon Sun, the 3DS XL I was using started malfunctioning such that it’d power itself off if you moved it too much. So, I put it on the KIU stand so that I could finish the end of the game while keeping it completely still. It doesn’t fit on it too well, but it was good enough for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom