• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 311501
this guy would be a cool cereal rep
Well the box is an amiibo so technically it would not need a new amiibo...

Then again, the Super Nintendo World Power Up Bands were updated to work with Smash as of the last update so maybe they could make a Uncle amiibo spirit that you get via this cereal box.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Regardless of WHO the Final Character is, I hope that the Final Characters give some variety. Given that of the 10 Fighters, all but one of them are some kind of realistic to semirealistic human character.
A lot of my most wanted characters aren’t really human. That’s one reason I push for Warcraft and Starcraft characters in Smash. I think Blizzard does an amazing job at making characters of other races that look really cool and unique. Characters like Illidan, Garrosh, Zeratul, Kerrigan (human but very unique looking), or Diablo would be awesome to see. Beyond Blizzard characters, I think the Battletoads, Fulgore, Raziel, Death, and several League of Legends characters such as Nocturne and Kha’Zix would be a refreshing change to see. We don’t really have any nonhuman characters other than Ridley that aren’t overly cartoony. There’s nothing wrong with cartoony characters, it would just be nice to have some variety.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
You know what? Entertain me. What's going on with the Japanese side of things?
I wish I could but honestly not much is going on.
Ryu is losing his supports for obvious reasons, and Crash isn't as hot as he used to be since Crash 4 Switch wasn't even shown in Japanese version of the last Direct.
Lloyd maybe or maybe not. Octoling and Cinderace. That's about it.
Capcom's potential death really hit the scene hard from what I can see.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ryu is losing his supports for obvious reasons, and Crash isn't as hot as he used to be since Crash 4 Switch wasn't even shown in Japanese version of the last Direct.
Dang. Somehow, I was expecting them to be more active than us...

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Your profile pic is Dixie Kong. Her thread has 13K responses. Must be fun throwing stones in glass house
Yeah, but the difference is that I don’t actually think she’s in. I think she’s be a great addition, but I’m not expecting it to happen. So your point? Essentially, you’re proving my point.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So really, the biggest differences in terms of most discussed reps are Octoling and Cinderace? Huh.

I wonder: how does Japan feel about characters whose popularity is mostly japanese (Reimu, Sakura, etc)? Or about other western picks besides Crash?

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Gonna be interesting to see the random and esoteric discussion around here in May when the wait for Smash news will feel the longest, but before the rumor mill picks up before E3.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

KillerCage

Smash Master

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Uhhh heads up but it seems there are multiple parties looking to buy Square Enix.

Ooohhh, this should be interesting. I always thought Square Enix was one of those companies who were too big to be bought, but if it happens...

Interesting... very interesting indeed...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The article doesn't say Square is interested or looking to be bought.

Naturally the big big companies will be interested in buying other developers, but that doesn't mean it will happen, because evidently Square couldn't be bought against their will.

So I'm not expecting anything here, probably just some talks and rumours like the Sega ones last year. Microsoft also approached Nintendo back then to buy them and that didn't end with Nintendo accepting, as we know.

Potential buyers would obviously be Microsoft and Sony. Also Tencent. And who knows, maybe Google or Amazon.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Speaking of anime swordsman, i updated my list

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, I saw somebody mention that this Square Enix buyout "rumor" started because of how badly the Avengers game bombed. If that's the case... why not just sell Crystal Dynamics? It would make more sense than selling the ENTIRE COMPANY, at least in my opinion.

I know this buyout thing isn't ACTUALLY happening, just wanted to point that out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Say, I saw somebody mention that this Square Enix buyout "rumor" started because of how badly the Avengers game bombed. If that's the case... why not just sell Crystal Dynamics? It would make more sense than selling the ENTIRE COMPANY, at least in my opinion.

I know this buyout thing isn't ACTUALLY happening, just wanted to point that out.
I could've swore there was something about selling Crystal Dynamics earlier.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

The problem is that if Square sell Crystal dynamics, they will lose the rights to Gex and I don't think they would want to loose that. This could literally save them from the money lost of Avengers.

cothero

Smash Lord
I've just watched the new Resident Evil Village showcase, simply incredible. Iy makes me really sad to think that there's no RE characters or content in smash besides spirits, RE is such a important game being the one that defined the genre survival horror.

I really want Leon as a playable character, but i wouldn't mind if they added Tofu instead at this point, i just want a playable RE character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Square very well might cut and run on their western side, but I think Japan is another story.

I mean Square wasn't even happy when Tomb Raider would sell millions of units because their expectations for that franchise were wildly unrealistic. Same with Deus Ex. And then it put most of its resources from its two biggest western devs into one of the more significant faceplants I've ever seen in what might be a masterclass in how to not handle a ticket as golden as the ****ing Avengers. Crazy stuff.

I think even more likely than that, however, is Square curtails their partnership with ol Yuji Naka, and "Balan Company" falls on some hard times.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The problem is that if Square sell Crystal dynamics, they will lose the rights to Gex and I don't think they would want to loose that. This could literally save them from the money lost of Avengers.
This is like wanting to keep an IP you don't even make or rerelease games for anymore at Yosuke Matsuda's house.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Square isn’t about to sell Crystal Dynamics. Even with a flop as massive as the Avengers you don’t really can one of your award winning and highest rated divisions because of a single bad management decision a la avengers.

Now Balan Company. Bye bye.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah, Balan Company is all I'd be concerned about (if there's anyone genuinely concerned about it in the first place).

Even if the investment was much much smaller compared to Avengers, Balan Wonderworld bombed so badly that it's almost not even worth joking about. It's even worse when you remember that this is the first impression the subsidiary gave SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom