• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisho

Smash Lord
Wow... it really is bothersome how I can be so bad at brawl...

My aib record:
http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=23404

Don't let your eyes deceive you... it looks like i have a win in the middle of 8 losses but its a lie... it was against the worst player ever... even worse than me...

Im gonna upload some vids of some losses of mine... if anyone can tell why I am so much worse than all of my opponents that would be appreciated.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Online, ive learned even more so than offline you have to walk and tilt. No matter what you have to remain calm. You will get combo'd by stupid stuff, dont let it get to you.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I only watched the last match.

If thats a display of how you usually play your matches i know exactly what to tell you.

1. Your way too cautious. You need to stop second guessing your approaches and just do it.

2. You need to use up B way more! I saw maybe 4 the entire match. Also alot of times you tried to throw out a down smash, forward tilt or forward smash. Up b instead! Especially out of shield.

3. This one kinda ties in with the first one. Go in and be aggressive at times. DK has the power, size and super armor to back it up. Learn to time your super armor, space your tilts better (Hit with just the fist) and everything should fall into place.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Don't let a losing streak get to you man. That only makes it worse. Just take it easy and play to get better. You seem to be an intelligent player so just try to think more during your matches. If you do I'm sure you will break the streak in no time. If you are thinking a lot in your matches I would guess you aren't thinking broadly enough. Stick to the basics like spacing and stage control. Thinking about the big things is a lot more efficient than focusing on lots of small stuff. A lot of times like against Snake and Olimar a grab is worth more than a punch since a grab is the easiest way to set up edge guards/juggles. Grabs are probably easier to pull off too.

Focusing too hard on landing KO moves (especially a single KO move) at KO%'s is also a little too obvious most of the time. If they are focusing on not getting hit it isn't worth the trouble of leaving yourself open going for the big finish. If you ever find yourself just getting owned stop whatever you were doing and start thinking and observing. Most of the time this happens when you just can't approach them or are getting juggled like crazy. They are probably reading you like a book. Doing something unpredictable or silly throws off even the best mind readers. Be observant instead of overwhelmed.

Just don't stress the little things.

daisho

Smash Lord
All right, thanks alot guys.

I'm sick so i think my mind is a little ****ed up... i usually have a really calm personality but today ive been really irritable.

Ill try to keep in mind what you guys said, seems like really good advice...

Maybe ill get to play more tonight a bit later.

daisho

Smash Lord
Really appreciate the advice.

I just played two matches, one vs an MK and one vs a ZSS/Zelda.

I lost both but the MK was gay... I 2 stocked him first match, then we went to frigate... I found my new ban :) and I was up in the third match and then he nado spammed almost non stop the entire life... and it wasnt even that succesful at racking up damage, I still almost won.

Then the zss i had like 140 and she had like 90 (AKA both of us were in perfect kill range <3 DK) and she d smashed to down b spike or whatever her spike is... it was really cool. I took her to brinstar and won in another really close one. Then she went zelda and took me to mansion... I don't know why, but im no good at mansion anymore... either way this person was ranked like 1450 so i wasnt expecting to win...

I think your advice really helped guys, thanks alot.

daisho

Smash Lord
He never played brawl seriously. He never traveled to tourneys. He kind of quit as far as im concerned but i think he might go to a tourney right near his house.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Bum always played tourney near his place.

He never traveled.

I talked to him once on aim last year and he said he wanted to be know as the best DK in Brawl but i think he got tired of the game.

daisho

Smash Lord
Because I'm not good enough...

Playing the ladder has been my first experience against characters really (I have one friend who plays MK... and not even well). And Ive never been to a tourney yet, im hoping to get better.

daisho

Smash Lord
Wow... thats a first... today someone was pissed at me for spamming... I asked what I was spamming and he said Up B... I spammed Up B.. w00t.

crifer

Smash Lord
Wow... thats a first... today someone was pissed at me for spamming... I asked what I was spamming and he said Up B... I spammed Up B.. w00t.
that was said to me,too.
lol by one of the best german smashers, lol.
Say to him he should pick DK up, or runaway.
no other option :p

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I heard he likes brawl+ now.

ewwww
He's probably in it for the Cargo U-Toss to Uair and Punch ****... If that's still in B+. I haven't seen any successful use of it in the latest videos. D:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so guys... how many times have been tempted to drop DK as a main if ever? I still deciding on whether or not to stick with him or move on to snake/marth/ROB.

rob is probably my second best

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
I'm learning the ice climbers CG for DDD and Falco but it's hard as hell even more that I am very lazy +D

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The reason DK is my main is because of how fun he is. I doubt I'll drop him as a main because he's too much fun. Other characters just don't satisfy my needs like DK.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
The better Snakes get, the more I am thankful I main DK. Having an even matchup on Brawl's #2 man is something I'd never give up. Zelda and Kirby cover DDD, Falco, Luigi, and Olimar, and no one else particulary worries me. Not to mention neither of them stand a ghost of a chance against Snake, and they're my other two mains.

I have been trying out Marth and G&W recently, but they'll never be the first member of the DK Crew. Huah.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
I use DK because he's fun. But it's losing it's thrill slowly.
When I first picked him up I'd be like "aww yea CSSing is soooo satisfying"
And now Spikes and whatnot are just like Eh, w/e

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
DK is one of the few chars that do give my Snake trouble. However, we can hardcore camp you. I mean haaardddcoreee. lol
Strangely enough, I find that the larger the stage is, the easier it is for me to get around Snake's camping. I always cp FD or Yoshi's on Snake and manage pretty well. Or at least better than Battlefield or SV.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Strangely enough, I find that the larger the stage is, the easier it is for me to get around Snake's camping. I always cp FD or Yoshi's on Snake and manage pretty well. Or at least better than Battlefield or SV.
Snakes good on Battlefield that's probably why, he can set up a little corner of camp, and it's his best or one of his best neutrals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom