• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I explained the same method you did.

b then sideways changes direction and momentum.
sideways then b changes direction but not momentum.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
1) How are you all doing? : )

Im doing fine.

2) Is there anything you feel needs to be taken care of in this board? (Stickies, threads being closed/locked, etc.)

I think everything has been addressed by this point in the thread.

3) Are you willing to help me out? I know most of you don't know me and I don't know most of you so this may seem weird.

Sure, just ask.

Also we need to update the OP of the character matchup thread. We also need to start up the discussion for the remainder of the characters and finish that **** list.

Edit, also you live in Huntington Park? Awesome thats like 12 min from my house. lol

Edit Edit: Wait, never mind Huntington Beach, thats much upper scale compared to Huntington Park LMAO. My friend just recently moved to Huntington Beach.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
That's supposed to be knew? I've known about that since at least December. That's the key to landing DK's GFSC headbutt. I honestly thought that was common knowledge. All you did was b reverse a side b backwards. I've done that with DK's punch to make people think I was retreating then bounce back towards them with my fist in their mouth.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yea you can do that with the punch right Rag?

I do it all the time, although i honestly dont think its that useful at least not the way i play.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Lulz... nice name for it though.

Really old. You're just b-reversing by starting in the opposite direction and starting with backwards momentum.

^ case and point. Above 2 posts + mine.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yeah to do it with the punch just follow these simple directions:

1. While airborne tap backwards and let the stick recenter
2. Tap b
3. Quickly tap the direction you were facing to bounce back that way.

It's simply b reversing a turnaround punch.

SuSa

You didn't have a point.

I was just stating further evidence to me being correct.

EDIT:

Ok guys, new MD thread or simply start over in the old one? I feel if we're going to be updating the OP and rediscussing things anyways we should start with the new one so information isn't confusing to read and we can have a fresh start. I can also help keep the OP updated as new information comes in, and organization.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I definitely say new one ^^
The old one sucks...

Last words on our talk: Don't say you guys. I may be a member of the TL boards and back room, but there lack of information doesn't define me. We all main/ love TL in that board, but we ARE different people...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Oh lol, I was thinking matchup _______. That D really got me. I'd say that's up to bigfoot it's his thread. It has been rather dead lately though.

Edit: every single one of you toon link players are late on everything :laugh:

SuSa

I generalize by board. They generally share the same knowledge except the "higher ups" who generally know more.

Also almost all of you are like "omfg wow thats awesome!" at things that are ages old. So I get to define you by that. :p

TBF doesn't have to run the thread, especially if he doesn't feel up to it. But man I'd like some help in running it... 3 boards and several threads is enuogh for me. DX

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Which other ones do you run?

Also...
"Also almost all of you are like "omfg wow thats awesome!" at things that are ages old. So I get to define you by that. :p "

Your opinion means less to me now...You are saying stereotyping is alright?... Eh...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I made some massive posts the other day on the snake, diddy, and olimar matchups. You could feel free to use those if you wanted. I'll find them for you if you need me to.

SuSa

Which other ones do you run?

Also...
"Also almost all of you are like "omfg wow thats awesome!" at things that are ages old. So I get to define you by that. :p "

Your opinion means less to me now...You are saying stereotyping is alright?... Eh...
I run the Snake, Link, and now the DK boards.

I help run several Snake threads, and 3 social threads (which I have a fun time reading a ton to enforce rules)

When a stereotype is proven true, I have the right to do so.

I also don't care what you think of my opinion - my point still stands.

I made some massive posts the other day on the snake, diddy, and olimar matchups. You could feel free to use those if you wanted. I'll find them for you if you need me to.
Do so, but I'm going to bed ATM so just PM them to me.

Stereotyping is always alright.

lulz post 1,234
Don't double post. Edit instead. RAWR. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

______

good night all, see you at 7/7:30 tomorrow morning when I wake up. (School doesn't start til 9:30 ftw.... late start days today and tomorrow)

Brainstorm that Q&A FAQ for me, and link me to things you want stickied and actually give me good reasons why. (I will try and refute and if you agree it won't get stickied, if you insist and others do to - it probably will be stickied then)

Night night.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll make a new match up thread if you need me to. just not tomorrow, I'm going to six flags!

to be honest I didn't really like the way bigfoot organized his match up thread.

SuSa

Yah, I saw it and it was pretty pathetic compared to others. :x

You can have a nice MD thread without an entire essay on each matchup.... but organization of thoughts and ideas is still helpful.

I'll start the thread tomorrow morning and choose a random character to discuss for us (unless any of you have some suggestions) and I'll relinquish control of it to whoever wants to take care of the thread. (Pro skills to make you the first poster)

Also have funs at six flags ripple. :)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol never knew there was a DK back room. I'm probably not active enough to be on it though. Are there like special threads in this back room and is there one per character? What are some of the perks to being in the DK back room?

Anyways yeah the DK boards are pretty inactive since DK isn't very popular. I know DK very well and how the game works in general. If you have any specific questions I could help you out. Lol I'm weird though since I don't really think that much when I play. Most of the time I play on instinct and I would probably play a lot better if I started thinking the entire match.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Lol never knew there was a DK back room. I'm probably not active enough to be on it though. Are there like special threads in this back room and is there one per character? What are some of the perks to being in the DK back room?

Anyways yeah the DK boards are pretty inactive since DK isn't very popular. I know DK very well and how the game works in general. If you have any specific questions I could help you out. Lol I'm weird though since I don't really think that much when I play. Most of the time I play on instinct and I would probably play a lot better if I started thinking the entire match.
The DK back room is even deader than the boards. There are around 10 people in it. It's just a social group called the Africa back room that can't be viewed unless you're in it and it's invite only. I think you deserve an invite for all your frame data work though. It was made back in december by Mith. I haven't seen him around in a while though and I think he's the only one that can invite people. If there is interest I might make a new one and send out proper invites if Mith stays missing for too long.

I used to be the same way and played by instinct. I only started thinking and trying to read my opponents around the beginning of this year maybe and I've seen a drastic increase in my performance. Sometimes I get lazy and stop thinking during a match and the next thing I know I've sandbagged an entire stock lol.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah usually if they suck I like internally sandbag by doing stupid stuff just to see if it works lol. Not actively thinking is probably why I am not very consistent. I always do try to go for some mindgames though.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
having a character specific backroom is sorta a joke..unless its suppose to be one of those witty kinna jokes in which case i dunno why i'm not in it. either way, real apes discuss their **** in the open.

i know we all like to think ourselves as being top DKs...but it seems we all believe something that at least a couple other good DKs disagree with (matchupwise, etc)
at least what we can do, is respect each others' different experiences and knowledge.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
To be honest I don't see the point in a back room. I think it would be nice if people could see what goes on. It kind of goes against the idea of the community as a whole pooling together knowledge and experience. A private room for social/general talk with only the elites is fine though IMO.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
anything done in the TL BR could have just as well been done in its general discussion. but if your idea of advancement is w/out 'n00b distractions' than i can respect it halfway.
The DK boards dont have that problem so much as TL, because its not nearly as busy. So i'm sorry if we're not drowning in threads about this week's useless projectile trick.
you're in the wrong place bud. welcome to the DK boards.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Cyphus I told mith to invite you about a month or so back and he said he did but you never accepted it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sadly i cant even recollect why, but i do remember seeing it and presumably ignoring/denying it. iunno...if ya'll want to start using it again more, i'd be in.

its so late..i'm going to bed.

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
Hey first time that when I wake up I have 5 pages to read (France power xD)

For sticky threads I think everything has been said

For the matchup I would be for a new one, better organized

I'll try to be more active but typing on n iphone is quite annoying so I'll have to try to go more secretly on my pc =D

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I looked through Mith's recent posts and they're all in threads about SF4 and marvel vs capcom. If you guys want I could remake a DK broom and invite people.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Yo you yo...oh What this whats this, The DK boards getting an actual mod, Ooh special.:p But now whats on the agenda, if it's the MT on the Dk boards then I really believe it could be better.

But I wonder what it is that can change...we the Dk boards have not finished the match-up thread with all the characters. And if we start a new one, I just don't know how long it's going to take to get to match-ups we don't know and haven't discussed.

2nd thing on my mind, is we really need to filter out some stupid crap that gets on the boards sometimes. Though I agree my tournament question to the DK boards was more to understand and ask the opinions of the Dk boards since I know and would like their imput before I do anything. Then I was going to go and post it somewhere that it will be seen better. So if you want you can take it off I'll re-post it somewhere else.

Oh and make sure to sticky the Video boards, Because they are really amazing and the great job that Kosa did fixing those up, it gives good insights on, good Dk's and how to use Dk in general.

Oh and I'm CBK I'm the best DK around.XD haha don't be mad guys, you all know how cocky I am.

SuSa

If you guys can get work done (unlike the Snake boards who can take weeks just to leave a post as large as the one above for anything) we can get the matchup thread done at a decent pace.

For MD's I feel the most important spots to start are hard counters, then soft counters, then viable characters, then UNVIABLE characters (ones that have 0-1 reps a tourney).

If you guys agree, you can give your input on who to start. If you feel that with the infinite/small step CG that you can still have a chance in hell vs a D3 we can actually do a matchup for him. But I'd prefer we start with someone else.

We will discuss:

Advantages of their character
Disadvantages of their character.

How we can abuse their disadvantages.
How we can make their advantages smaller/insignificant.

*goes to sticky the video boards*

*Okay guys, 1 more sticky. What's your best guide? I know you guys have a lot of guides but we only need 1 stuck*

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
CBK i hope we get to play when i head out to Genesis.

Also I totally agree with the match up thread. It either needs to be cleaned up, or started over, with a new format.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Yea you can do that with the punch right Rag?

I do it all the time, although i honestly dont think its that useful at least not the way i play.
that was what I was talking about when I said bouncing the punch

EDIT:
I'll make a new match up thread if you need me to. just not tomorrow, I'm going to six flags!

to be honest I didn't really like the way bigfoot organized his match up thread.
I was always too busy to organize it nicely

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
having a character specific backroom is sorta a joke..unless its suppose to be one of those witty kinna jokes in which case i dunno why i'm not in it. either way, real apes discuss their **** in the open.
I could make a joke abuot Guerilla's here, but it would be really bad, so I won't make you suffer through that.

The back room was cool till it died. It never really felt like a big help or anything, just someplace fun to talk about stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom