• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I remember a friend and me playing gen 1 against each other,
we had both mew with a cheat cartridge and my arcanine won the game for me thx to toxic,
that I used on his mew...
<3 toxic.
you could get him without cheat cartridges if you have an abra

I got two

also quagsire sucks

daisho

Smash Lord
did you ever try combining toxic with leech seed in Gen 1? **** was total haxxorz son

i got 120. i could name up to like 50 without skipping, then i forgot about psyduck and golduck who ironically are my favorite pokemon :S

but it was stupid exeggcute whose name i couldnt remember how to spell.
Lol yeah i couldn't spell

exeggute
exeggutor
venusaur
magnemite
magneton
rhyhorn
lickitung
aerodactile
kangaskahn

I got lost at Pikachu... how could i forget pikachu hes like the most famous pokemon (i remembered him later though)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I cant wait for the new one to come out though tbh. I just recently started playing the latest pkmn game that came out.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Just wondering...are Quagsire and Slaking good Poke'mon? I really know close to nothing about competitive Poke'mon, those two are just interesting to me.
Lol how do you find quagsire interesting?

To answer your question Quagsire is pretty decent since he is a pokemon with one weakness (grass move = ohko) but two pretty useful immunities (water absorb and electric immunity). His moveset is pretty diverse for support moves and he has decent attack with good HP/defence. Shiney Quagsires look like Barney lol/why I use him.

Slaking is decent too. His stats are amazing but his ability (can only act every other turn) holds him back. Anyone with protect beats him pretty easily. With a choice band/scarf he is a good revenge killer. There is always staying in for mindgames too if they think you will switch out.

@Jmex: Toxic still *****. Funnest way to beat noobs is toxic stall with Umbreon. Baton pass teams too.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
@ big o quagsire doesn't do it that well though, there are better water/grounds

also, slaking hits ridiculously hard and ***** with u turn help and zam has been overused since always, speed + ridiculous special = good. still is really good

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Quagsire learns encore and lol that has given me a lot of wins on people who either underestimate or just don't know him. They see him and think free stat boosts. Yawn is also nice. There aren't that many water grounds but Swampert is the only one anyone ever uses. Swampert doesn't learn encore and some of the other nice support moves but is stronger stat wise. Getting healed by switching in on other waters is nice too. Quagsire is decent but not outclassed.

Lol I guess saying both Quagsire and Slaking are decent makes Quagsire look better than he is. Slaking is good and Quagsire is decent.

I wish I knew the teleport/fly glitch when the people at school were willing to buy legendaries. Easy money.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
I remember the days when Alakazam was overused.
in 4th gen, alakazam is OU. its just that he's not overpowered like in rby.

Lol how do you find quagsire interesting?

To answer your question Quagsire is pretty decent since he is a pokemon with one weakness (grass move = ohko) but two pretty useful immunities (water absorb and electric immunity). His moveset is pretty diverse for support moves and he has decent attack with good HP/defence. Shiney Quagsires look like Barney lol/why I use him.

Slaking is decent too. His stats are amazing but his ability (can only act every other turn) holds him back. Anyone with protect beats him pretty easily. With a choice band/scarf he is a good revenge killer. There is always staying in for mindgames too if they think you will switch out.

@Jmex: Toxic still *****. Funnest way to beat noobs is toxic stall with Umbreon. Baton pass teams too.
lol i had an awesome baton pass team (though they dont work well against people who know what they are doing.... still fun to rock noobs with lol)

so i started with umbreon and used yawn first turn. this forces a switch or makes the opponent fall asleep next turn. second turn use mean look etc. end up passing the mean look to eaither celebi to use calm mind or vaporeon to use acid armour (depending on the trapped opposing pokemon) then i would proceed to give 6 boosts to every stat except attack as well as ingrain and pass it to lanturn. lanturn rocked so many teams.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Holy Jesus...I'm gone for no more than a few hours and Umbreon gets mentioned twice in the social thread. UMBREON <33333

Favorite Pokemon evar.

I got about 140 each time I took the Name That Pokemon quiz. No matter how hard I try, I always seem to forget Lickitung, Tentacool/Tentacruel, and a few Pokemon that I absolutely love (yet still can't remember the name to). :(

Just a note for Slaking, never give it recharge moves like Giga Impact. It probably sounds like a good idea at the time, but it's really not...

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Gah, knew I forgot about something... **** groups. Never was into breeding really. Got my marowak Rock slide (i think) and that's about it. Oh & my skarmory drill peck lolz. I like yellow the best I think. (maybe red/blue but I haven't played it in years)

So much pokemon. What does DK share in common with them? I like snorlax, I like DK, I can see some similarities but that's bout it. Barely any manly (apely?) pokemon out there, all I can think of is Aipom. (gayyyy!)

Fighting and winning against NPCs is so much funner than getting my *** kicked by a human :laugh:

Edit: getting umbreon is the biggest ***** out there imo. **** HAPPINESS

D0N

Smash Ace
I had a Slaking named DK lol. It was ussually powered with 3 sword dances and a few agilies and used strength and earthquake mostly (I think it had slack off and shadowball too). And it didnt have that stupid ability that made you lose a turn. I played up to ruby, I liked the double battles

And I named 90 on that quiz. I could not spell tauros or drowzee and probly took too much time on that. And I actually forgot jigglypuff...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Gah, knew I forgot about something... **** groups. Never was into breeding really. Got my marowak Rock slide (i think) and that's about it. Oh & my skarmory drill peck lolz. I like yellow the best I think. (maybe red/blue but I haven't played it in years)

So much pokemon. What does DK share in common with them? I like snorlax, I like DK, I can see some similarities but that's bout it. Barely any manly (apely?) pokemon out there, all I can think of is Aipom. (gayyyy!)

Fighting and winning against NPCs is so much funner than getting my *** kicked by a human :laugh:

Edit: getting umbreon is the biggest ***** out there imo. **** HAPPINESS
Slaking actually fits DK rather well statistically. Powerful as hell, rather bulky, and deceptively quick. The only difference really is that DK isn't a sloth and isn't quite as lazy. DK also resembles Primeape if you think of it from a "Mankey is kinda like Diddy" point of view. There are a few other monkey Pokemon as well, but they don't really match DK tbh.

Which probably explains why I don't like any of the monkeys in Pokemon (like to the point where I refuse to use them under any circumstances), but am obviously rather fond of DK. I like Slaking too. :laugh:

The happiness thing never really bothered me. All it took was a little patience and nothing more. :)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Off topic a little but at the last tournament I went to someone called me our state's Darkrain of brawl, because everyone loves to watch me play. Is this win?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I kinda enjoy restarting the games sometimes. Idk why I just enjoy playing through, and usually grab mankey/primeape in the beginning. There's no gorilla-like-pokemon yet though? someone is seriously slaking (badpunlol)

And I have no idea Rag?

More offtopicness, I doubt anyone is going to SNES this weekend? Y'all live too far it seems.

Edit: Never got the teacup, probably will just have to mail it I guess :p Thanks though

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I do try to be a bit of a crowd pleaser as well. But DK plays a large portion of it. I usually have crowds greater than or equal to the size of our finals matches.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
this is by far the most activity there has ever been on the DK boards while ive been visiting them. haha we are the very best.

random discussion here, but how old is everyone here? i thought of this cause im 17 and just about to go off to my first year of university, and wondered if you are all that age about... i find im the youngest smasher wherever i go though.

so any tips for living on campus at university? things to bring etc.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I just turned 18 August 2nd and now I'm taking game design classes at the local community college.

D0N

Smash Ace
Im 20 and studying comp. science. I thought about switching to game design but i dunno.

My #1 tip for living on campus is keep a happy home. What I mean by that is if you have room mates, do your best to get along with them. Bad days are gonna happen, but when you come home on a bad day to a bad living space your anger only keeps building. Lucky for me i've never had a bad room mate yet.

The youngest smasher I seen was about 8. He was actually not too bad, I was really impressed by him

daisho

Smash Lord
More offtopicness, I doubt anyone is going to SNES this weekend? Y'all live too far it seems.

Edit: Never got the teacup, probably will just have to mail it I guess :p Thanks though
I WISH so much I could go... im really hating this religion

I do try to be a bit of a crowd pleaser as well. But DK plays a large portion of it. I usually have crowds greater than or equal to the size of our finals matches.
Thats ridiculously awesome...

this is by far the most activity there has ever been on the DK boards while ive been visiting them. haha we are the very best.

random discussion here, but how old is everyone here? i thought of this cause im 17 and just about to go off to my first year of university, and wondered if you are all that age about... i find im the youngest smasher wherever i go though.

so any tips for living on campus at university? things to bring etc.
I'm 17.

Got a 1410 on my SATs and 32 on my ACTs. Where should I go to college?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
@Daisho: Are the SAT's still out of 1600? When I took them they were out of 2400.

If DK was the CF of Brawl he would be the most popular character. Not that many people play DK.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
@bigfoot

Yeah, around here that happens whenever M2K plays someone.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I see. I always thought it was stupid to give english twice the weight of math.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I had a Slaking named DK lol. It was ussually powered with 3 sword dances and a few agilies and used strength and earthquake mostly (I think it had slack off and shadowball too).
Why didn't I think of that.
Slaking@Choice Band
252 ATK/SPD
Adamant
Return
Shadow Ball
EQ
Focus Punch

Return for STAB
352 to Zapdos > Rock slide
248 to Aero < Rock slide <Focus Punch
413 to Snorlax > BB < Focus Punch
Shadow Ball for Ghost
EQ for Steel/Rock

This bad boy hits everything in the game for pretty much OHKO's...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
we should all take real pics of our actual selves and post them on the first post of this thread to match the title "DK mains are pretty sexy"

whose with me?

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea id do that Cyphus.

Daisho: Where you should go to school depends alot on what you want to do and how far from home your willing to go. Any idea what you want to do?

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
we should all take real pics of our actual selves and post them on the first post of this thread to match the title "DK mains are pretty sexy"

whose with me?
lol its a good idea...
but what happens when the title gets switched?

D0N

Smash Ace
Hmm... I dunno then. You can go to a local community college until you figure it out. Or you could just apply/talk to a bunch of schools in your state/border states that seem legit and see who offers you the most money. Loans suck, avoid them if you can.

I didn't know where to go either, I just knew I didnt want to do community colege and I didnt want to go where most of my highschool was going. I basically visited and went with the first school someone recomended (a guy I knew who graduated from the school). Just make sure your grades and stuff are good wherever you end up that way you can transfer later if you want to.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
go to university in canada! it'll be less expensive due to your dollar being so high compared to ours, plus i hear that tuiton + rez is cheaper in canada than america anyways? (mine is about $14 000). i dont know a price at an american university to compare it to though.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm 19 & doing absolutely nothing. Idk how great of a picture I can get of myself but I might throw one up.

The real picture we need is, how big are your feet (or...foot?), bigfoot? & what is he (or you) drinking? (the cans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom