• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
it would be amazing to go to pound 4, but if i have obligations with school then i might not be able to make it. plus it is an 8 hour drive :/ from ontairo. BUT if we got a bunch of us from the boards down there and they have crew battles we should form a "DK crew" lawl. it would be too good. also its nice to see that everyone is banning DeDeDe small step infinite too, at least any tourny i've seen recently.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know where I could buy a teacup? Just want a single teacup. Never looked for one until now so I haven't the slightest clue where I should even look? Got 1-2 days to get one

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Wtf? LOL

Try ebay?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I don't have a credit card or any sort available to me, and I'de like it in before thursday night. I'm visiting a friend in VA right now, want to give her it as a joke/gift for when I leave. Reckon it'd just be in any store that sells things like plates/glasses etc.?

I know, ridiculously far off from the current topic discussion but eh *shrug*

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Another option would be the likes of an antique store or anywhere that sells ceramic dinnerware or china (Macy's comes to mind off the top of my head). That's if you want a classier teacup, of course. :)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol it sounds like this might get him some action with his lady friend if he plays his cards right ;).

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
No big joke or anything, everyone irl calls me T but she says Tea. Well, I guess writes it as tea since there's no difference in pronunciation.

Question for Stannum now... WTF is a Lanturn doing ontop of DK's heasd? Been meaning to ask for a while now >_>

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
lanturn is my favourite pokemon (not competitively though, weakness to earthquake really shafts it in the OU metagame). his typing is maximum though, he gets STAB on surf and thunderbolt and he learns ice beam for dragons, plus he has a pretty good support movepool. i think i got off topic though. i just thought that it is better than just having same old picture of DK that everyone has. some people say its creepy, but i dont see how :S.

side note, did anyone ever play competitive pokemon?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
lanturn is my favourite pokemon (not competitively though, weakness to earthquake really shafts it in the OU metagame). his typing is maximum though, he gets STAB on surf and thunderbolt and he learns ice beam for dragons, plus he has a pretty good support movepool. i think i got off topic though. i just thought that it is better than just having same old picture of DK that everyone has. some people say its creepy, but i dont see how :S.

side note, did anyone ever play competitive pokemon?
Actually, seeing as this is the social thread, can't we basically say anything in it? :X Or at least ALMOST anything?

And yes, I do. I'm not very good, but I do play. :)

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I never got into the competitive pokemon scene, all i've got is a GBA so i play yellow, and i re-bought silver recently. Although i do understand some of the more detailed aspects but never bothered to research at all, just like EVs/IVs and strange things that i didn't know before.

<3 pokemon though

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
not a fan of the new stuff, but rby was fantastic

and before anyone says psychic was overpowered, learn the game, normal types made up most of the top tier. chancey, tauros, snorlax and persian were 4 of the 8 best pokes in the game (exegutor, zam, slowbro and zapdos were the other 4, 3 psychics but still more normals)

daisho

Smash Lord
Pokemon... good times... i stopped playing at silver and i only ever played the computer. Was really an excellent game.

daisho

Smash Lord
I gave all my gameboy stuff away and have no DS... sometimes im in the mood to play, though I think its a good thing i don't have it anymore.

And I played Red (got all 150) Yellow and Silver.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ 150 was cool.

The next little generation was cool too.

Now its just too much.

About 150 of the newer pokemon can be removed and im sure no one would care. There either stupidly ugly/dumb creations that had no thought into them.

And or they just suck and are a waist of a pokeball.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You're telling me you don't like the new Grimer evolution? :mad: /kidding

I miss the original 151, then 251 wasn't that bad.. now they are going for anything.

*walks along*
"Hey look, a sewage drain!"
"That gives me an idea for a new Pokemon!"
/end

daisho

Smash Lord

I miss the original 151, then 251 wasn't that bad.. now they are going for anything.

*walks along*
/end
LOL so true... but in all seriousness 150 was manageable and I was able to know about all the pokemon and w/e, 250 wasn't bad but any more than that... idk...

btw.

Can you name the original 151?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemon.php

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol the old pokemon games were pretty broken.

I always thought it was stupid how the only dragon move was dragon rage, the only ghost move was lick, poison only had sludge, and bug only had pin missle in rby.

In Gold/Silver battles were pretty drawn out due to Skarmbliss and restbelling.

I like the metagames in the newer ones better but the older ones had tons of fun glitches. I also liked how it didn't take as long to beat the game, make good teams, and battle people. Shoddybattle and netbattle let you skip the breeding and go straight into teambuilding and playing other people so I stopped playing the games.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
yeah shoddy battle saves so much time, its great. and @bigfoot, normal types dont counter psychic types, psychic is neutral against normal, though normal resists psychic in the card game for some reason..? lol.

since there are some pokemon metagamers here.... what are your thoughts on the garchomp ban when they first did it on smogon a while ago? question: was garchomp less broken than metaknight? (lol)

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Heh, pokemon on the DK boards, never saw that coming. Isn't there like 495 now or something? 151, 251, i see a pattern here... now we're at 495. Someone is running out of ideas! Anyone realize how much hax some of the trainers use? In gold/silver's third gym (Goldenrod City), i think, she has a Miltank that knows Rollout... at level 23 i think? ... MILTANK DOESN'T LEARN ROLLOUT UNTIL like 45! edit: 34, i was terribly wrong.

That ***** ***** me hard for a while :(

Too bad rollout isn't the same in brawl as pokemon lolz. rollout combos imo

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The only stupid garchomps were the ones in ss teams and used substitute. I hate Blissey more overall since it walls and cripples practically any special based sweeper. Stealth rock is pretty annoying since it lasts forever and only magic guard Clefable won't get hit. I hope it gets nerfed or rapid spin gets some kind of buff in the next generation. More spinners would be nice too.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
yeah shoddy battle saves so much time, its great. and @bigfoot, normal types dont counter psychic types, psychic is neutral against normal, though normal resists psychic in the card game for some reason..? lol.

since there are some pokemon metagamers here.... what are your thoughts on the garchomp ban when they first did it on smogon a while ago? question: was garchomp less broken than metaknight? (lol)
I think the ban was stupid. And he's definitely less broken than Metaknight. The people who wanted him banned, and ultimately got him banned, were the vast majority who basically just didn't know what to do about him and didn't bother to try and learn. So in a way, I guess he kind of is like Metaknight, seeing as all anyone seems to do about him half the time is just ***** and moan.

The difference is, though, that Garchomp is only one of six on a team when playing Pokemon, whereas Metaknight is all you got when playing Brawl. Garchomp can over-centralize in the sense that you see him on every team in Pokemon, but the overall mechanic of each team will still be different, and thus he won't really be over-centralizing anything.

EDIT: @Monkley: I'm pretty sure that her Miltank knew Rollout because she gave it the TM for it. :laugh:

EDIT DOS: Oh, and don't think that I think everyone in Brawl just *****es and moans about MK...sorry if I came off as such. I just read too much of the ban MK threads to have another point of view on it. :ohwell:

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord

*walks along*
/end
you could get rid of the entire 3rd generation, and aside from mudkip no one would complain

I'm split, it's kinda cool that they evolved yanma and the other useless people (yet somehow missed pinsir) but some of this stuff is just dumb

normal didn't need to hit super effective. they had the best stats, boltbeam (back then it was just one special stat, so chancey could hurt due to above average special) and hyper beam. back then, tauros with hyper beam could sweep your whole team just because it didn't have lag if it ko'd. get rid of the mandatory rock type and they were boned.

chancey and snorlax pretty much hard countered 4 of the 5 main psychics (not exeggutor though), so starmie, slowbro, jynx and zam were all kept in check. and exegutor usually sd'd after fighting for a little while, so you were fine.

the only things that were near broken were amnesia (calm mind doubled) and zapdos (lol get ***** by rhydon). it was also cooler because stalling was impossible and there weren't spikes/sr everywhere

Lol the old pokemon games were pretty broken.

I always thought it was stupid how the only dragon move was dragon rage, the only ghost move was lick, poison only had sludge, and bug only had pin missle in rby.
hey

poison had acid and ghost had night shade/confuse ray D:<

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
Heh, pokemon on the DK boards, never saw that coming. Isn't there like 495 now or something? 151, 251, i see a pattern here... now we're at 495. Someone is running out of ideas! Anyone realize how much hax some of the trainers use? In gold/silver's third gym (Goldenrod City), i think, she has a Miltank that knows Rollout... at level 23 i think? ... MILTANK DOESN'T LEARN ROLLOUT UNTIL like 45! edit: 34, i was terribly wrong.

That ***** ***** me hard for a while :(

Too bad rollout isn't the same in brawl as pokemon lolz. rollout combos imo
if you breed a pokemon the baby will inherit the moves of its father if it learns them at any level (or by TM/HM) in its basic evolution. this explains premature rollout syndrome :p.

The only stupid garchomps were the ones in ss teams and used substitute. I hate Blissey more overall since it walls and cripples practically any special based sweeper. Stealth rock is pretty annoying since it lasts forever and only magic guard Clefable won't get hit. I hope it gets nerfed or rapid spin gets some kind of buff in the next generation. More spinners would be nice too.
blissey is some much less effective in D/P since it is such an offense based metagame. well, offense and suicide leads lol. a lot of special attackers can OHKO it too. the ones i used (mindgames son) were gengar qith 136 attack EVs and an attack neutral nature with explosion for a guiarenteed OHKO, togekiss with sub/natsy plot/roost/air slash which takes out some unless they have seismic toss and are smart about using it. alakazam with focus blast + choice specs 2HKOs it i think but the 70% accuracy sucks. i could go on for a while but.... i don't play pokemon anymore lol.

and ya, i had a brightpowder garchomp on my SS team XD. but that was just to beat other garchomps with :p.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I hated that there's only 1 dragon move in gen 1, it doesn't even get that much better in gen2. I think they added 2-3? one was like wrap, i think. Another was um, Outrage which is like thrash for dragons.

Not to argue, and i don't know a lot about breeding anyway, but you have to mate with a ditto for miltank (100% female rate, tauros being it's counterpart thing), does that eliminate breeding for moves? or not? ****, I should just go play now, got silver & my GBA SP downstairs lol

anyone notice how much activity pokemon has brought the dk boards all of a sudden?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I hated that there's only 1 dragon move in gen 1, it doesn't even get that much better in gen2. I think they added 2-3? one was like wrap, i think. Another was um, Outrage which is like thrash for dragons.

Not to argue, and i don't know a lot about breeding anyway, but you have to mate with a ditto for miltank (100% female rate, tauros being it's counterpart thing), does that eliminate breeding for moves? or not? ****, I should just go play now, got silver & my GBA SP downstairs lol

anyone notice how much activity pokemon has brought the dk boards all of a sudden?
I think all the dragon moves added in Gen 2 were...Dragon Breath, Twister, and Outrage, right? I don't think I'm missing any...

For Miltank, all you had to do was find a male counterpart that was in its egg group that could learn some of the same moves it could, basically. The reasoning is because the Pokemon that is created is always based off of the female. This means that the likes of Tyrogue, Tauros, etc. could only be bred through Ditto.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
@Bigfoot: I just meant regular attacks. Wasn't acid like 40 base? Sludge was the stronger attack regardless (lol you forgot poison sting). No point in dragon type being super effective against dragon without a dragon attack and psychic bring immune to lick was pretty funny.

@Stannum: I just hate how a special sweeper needs either explosion (technically making it a mixed sweeper) or rely on a 70 acc focus blast to one shot it (probably not gonna happen without specs or stab anyway). It's type means it can switch in on almost any special attack pretty safely and natural cure + aromatherapy gives it incredible utility and status absorb. I'm not saying Bliss is broken but I'd rather she go than Garchomp. I wonder if people would actually use Chancey if she was. It wouldn't have the sp attack to boltbeam and slightly worse stats.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
^^^Lol and it isn't weird with a female and a ditto copying the same pokemon?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
dittos a ****ing homo

and yeah, blissey is as good as shes always been, explosion gengar kills the point of getting around blissey, since your special swepper dies in the process. even then wish/protect bliss makes you lose a poke for free

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
its all about being prepared + mindgames. you guys sound like you know what you are doing when it comes to pokemon. I'd shoddy battle one of you but then id have to reinstall it. sigh no thanks :p

crifer

Smash Lord
I remember a friend and me playing gen 1 against each other,
we had both mew with a cheat cartridge and my arcanine won the game for me thx to toxic,
that I used on his mew...
<3 toxic.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Toxic *****.

Does it still ****?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Toxic *****.

Does it still ****?
did you ever try combining toxic with leech seed in Gen 1? **** was total haxxorz son

nobody took the quiz? I got 121... there were about 10 that i got but couldn't spell though... **** you venusaur...
i got 120. i could name up to like 50 without skipping, then i forgot about psyduck and golduck who ironically are my favorite pokemon :S

but it was stupid exeggcute whose name i couldnt remember how to spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom