• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

Fitty

Smash Cadet
wat are u guyz talkin bout so wat if sonics cant kill diddy's at certain percentages that because u dnt know how to kill with him it all depends on the player

rinoH

Smash Lord
55-45 in favor of diddy imo but sonic can catch teh nanerz with his dash attack :/ dont have much experience int his match up and who is the best sonic Nor4u?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There is no best Sonic.

I still don't have my question answered, and Mr. 3,000 is one person.

Where are mah homebois, I want their opinion on this....

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
A diddy that has a good banana game should not have a problem beating sonic. Even if the sonic can (control his speed) i see the match up as 60-40, 55-45 can be pushing it but not even. Both have problems killing until high percents of course pretty much. dtilt does help. I really dont know what else to say.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
There is no best Sonic.

I still don't have my question answered, and Mr. 3,000 is one person.

Where are mah homebois, I want their opinion on this....
Um, LOL? I even agree that the Diddy vs. Sonic match-up currently hovers around even and cite my set against 3K as evidence, and you think you can invalidate that just because you don't think he's the best? He's the only person in the South that has even come close to approach Top 10 in major tournaments (and has even finished somewhere in the Top 5 at a handful of HOBOs), and people on the East Coast have actually heard of him. What more do you want? Let me rephrase: which other "bad-*** Sonic main" (LOL) do you prefer that I namedrop in order for my opinion to be valid in your eyes?

A diddy that has a good banana game should not have a problem beating sonic. Even if the sonic can (control his speed) i see the match up as 60-40, 55-45 can be pushing it but not even. Both have problems killing until high percents of course pretty much. dtilt does help. I really dont know what else to say.
LOL. Has everyone gone daft in this thread? I'm trying my best to not make assumptions, but I really don't think you have even a lick of an idea as to what you're talking about. I've written pretty extensively about this match-up in the first page of this thread; take it for what you will.

Sonic discussions always bring about some real head-scratching commentary.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Try Malcolm, K.I.D., Puffball/espy, etc., there is no such thing as "the best Sonic player" YET because there are playstyles too diverse and too many different Sonic's specialize in different fields. I won't be convinced otherwise until there is some huge national tournament where all the Sonic/Diddy players gather and place depending on their skill.

BTW I'm not trashing Mr. 3K, but he really is only one person.

I still think it's dead even, nothing more or less for either character.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
lol that was just me closing what i had to say. This is ridiculous, most sonic mains or people who play sonic tend to over rate him and i can see it coming out. I would really like to know what make this match up close?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Both have similiar problems, and Sc'yeah we overate our character, that's why most of our matchups are in the opponents favor.

Get with the times bro, all you'll hear from Sonic mains is "Sonic sucks."

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Try Malcolm, K.I.D., Puffball/espy, etc., there is no such thing as "the best Sonic player" YET because there are playstyles too diverse and too many different Sonic's specialize in different fields. I won't be convinced otherwise until there is some huge national tournament where all the Sonic/Diddy players gather and place depending on their skill.
Whoooa, slow your roll, kid. Check all my posts in this thread in the last 30 minutes - I never once said that 3K was the best Sonic in the world. I opened my dialogue with, "Mr. 3000 showed me that this match-up was probably even"; you responded with, "BUT HE'S NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD!"

I'm still scratching my head trying to dissemble your logic on that one.

He's one of the best Sonic mains in the country. End of discussion.

lol that was just me closing what i had to say. This is ridiculous, most sonic mains or people who play sonic tend to over rate him and i can see it coming out. I would really like to know what make this match up close?
See my first post atop of this page? Click on the blue link. I have two posts on the first page that thoroughly explain my stance on this match-up (based on my set with 3K at OH SNAP! v4.0).

Unless you are a Sonic main, a Diddy main, both, or have played players of either character that have some sort of regional recognition, I still don't think you know what you're talking about.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That best Sonic player wasnt directed at you, it was torwards:

55-45 in favor of diddy imo but sonic can catch teh nanerz with his dash attack :/ dont have much experience int his match up and who is the best sonic Nor4u?
I really need to start quoting people so I don't get any misunderstandings...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
i main diddy and i played espy (just not with diddy) >_>
If you read my posts in the original Sonic semi-discussion thread and still decide that my stance holds no merit, then that's on you. Just don't come crying back to the boards next time you get dismantled by a random Sonic player. Hopefully you're just a way better player than all of us here.

I really need to start quoting people so I don't get any misunderstandings...
LOL, my bad!

ANYWAY, we both agree this match-up is probably even. =)

o yayuhhz

3K IS THE BEST

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, at least we are on the same page here, sorry about that.

Wanna be friends? :D

Mr. 3k is the bomb.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Well, at least we are on the same page here, sorry about that.

Wanna be friends? :D

Mr. 3k is the bomb.
Sure, just as long as you never forget the guy who won, like, 10 matches in a row against you in his first wi-fi experience. =) lolololololololol

/exaggeration

I'M DA BESSSSST

Nike.

Smash Hero
If you read my posts in the original Sonic semi-discussion thread and still decide that my stance holds no merit, then that's on you. Just don't come crying back to the boards next time you get dismantled by a random Sonic player. Hopefully you're just a way better player than all of us here.
The irony of this is that the best player in suspects (and mine) city is a sonic main.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've played Sonics since the game came out, I know quite a few, but haven't played recently. Here's my input on this match-up. It's 55-45 in Diddy's favor, but neutral. Diddy can camp sonic on YI, FD, and SV on BF and LC it's a little bit harder. Sonic sucks when it comers to approaching, but they can do there spin charge cancel jump thingy, and get behind you fairly well. Sonic is kinda like Diddy as well, Sonic needs to get his momentum going, and he is quite good at it because of his speed, but once someone breaks that momentum, it can be a hard time for sonic due to his lack of priority. Sonic can handle bananas better than most of the cast because of his speed, glide tossing, and dash attack. Sonic can kill Diddy a bit faster than Diddy can kill Sonic IMO. Dtilt helps greatly when they start spindashing you, I think your ftilt works to, but your dtilt is faster.

Oh, and by the way, I play Espy (well use to) often and we're pretty good friends. I think I won most of our matches (online, even in an online tournament) but he kicked my *** in a few.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
as usual, my boy adventlee knows whats up. DK is not an easy fight for diddy. You can combo him, but like he said, one missed attack and you could feasibly lose your stock. Diddy isnt exactly the lightest character, but DK makes it seems that way with the percentages that he can kill you at. None of your melee attacks outspace his, so your only safe approaches are a banana or a peanut. Just pray the DK doesnt know how to glide toss, cause his is ridiculous and leads into really any kill move he has. He has great horizontal recovery so he can go suprisingly far out to gimp you and make it back

you'll probably use peanut gun more in this fight than almost any other character. He just tends to get hit by alot of them. Be careful about being predictable with your banana pickups. You dash attack to get a banana and you'll be suprised how far that fsmash reaches as you fly off the screen. Saving your smashes is critical if you want to actually win, since you'll be getting DK to alot higher percentages, since he isnt really "easy" to edgeguard himself.

Id agree that DK is somewhere in the top 5 worst diddy matchups, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly which spot he'd take up.

...and Linguini is ridiculously beast with DK.
agreed!!!!!!!

ADHD

Smash Hero
agreed!!!!!!!
Oh come on just spam him if he tries to space bairs he'll get *****. make it hard for him to approach you and its so easy.... dedede is twice as hard as dk and he has things to make up for the bananas, like waddle dees, chaingrab, and powerful gimping ability.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh come on just spam him if he tries to space bairs he'll get *****. make it hard for him to approach you and its so easy.... dedede is twice as hard as dk and he has things to make up for the bananas, like waddle dees, chaingrab, and powerful gimping ability.
Sonic, Sonic, Sonic.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Sonic, Sonic, Sonic.
Okay, here's what I learned from anther... Try to barely glidetoss, it doesn't make much sense but it's so much easier if you just hold it in your hand and throw it regularly. Always have a banana in your hand, and if he's charging his spindash bait it with peanuts and throw a banana at him. That's basically the entire match lol, if sonic does anything else besides spindash mindgames and takes it regularly he gets ***** by diddy. I've never tried dtilt, I don't like it tho :ohwell: Don't make mistakes.... at all.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Diddy does do better in the matchup. Boku was just a video example. In person matches against Blue and Kai I have defeated their Sonic's multiple times, and Blue is ranked 13 on the NJ power rankings too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Do this to bum tomorrow LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY Malcolm can keep up with me so this matchup seems fairly even if not 55:45 (hate ratios UGH). Ppl need to stop under rating him. Heh...no priority. Its a myth ppl. When u see sonics fair go through MKs drill rush......maybe u'll think different.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do this to bum tomorrow LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY Malcolm can keep up with me so this matchup seems fairly even if not 55:45 (hate ratios UGH). Ppl need to stop under rating him. Heh...no priority. Its a myth ppl. When u see sonics fair go through MKs drill rush......maybe u'll think different.
I'm guessing that was extreme sarcasim. I'll try my best to spam him though. And sonic is dead even to 55-45 in diddy's favor.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Diddy does do better in the matchup. Boku was just a video example. In person matches against Blue and Kai I have defeated their Sonic's multiple times, and Blue is ranked 13 on the NJ power rankings too.
Boku sucks.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Sonic is actually okay in this matchup....If the Sonic knows how to handle the bananas then things start to get freaky....I'd say this matchup is slightly in Diddy's favour but not by much...55:45?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I vote for mario next, he is giving me trouble as of late.
If it is a mario that spams SH fire balls throw a banana at him as he is landing and shield the fireball coming at you, and then approach. If it is a campy mario that is SH'ing alot with bairs then spam peanuts and let him approach. Don't fall for that bair stuff, diddy doesn't need to deal with it.

Count

Smash Champion
If it is a mario that spams SH fire balls throw a banana at him as he is landing and shield the fireball coming at you, and then approach. If it is a campy mario that is SH'ing alot with bairs then spam peanuts and let him approach. Don't fall for that bair stuff, diddy doesn't need to deal with it.
Alright, thanks that honestly helps a fair amount. I lost to both types on the internetz yesterday..I played a bunch and was like 9-2 and both losses were to marios that weren't any better than me.

/edit also chrome congrats on your high placing at your tourney last weekend, I was reading the results threads.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
After much revaluation, I have decided to retract my previous objections to ratios, reinstate them, and label the Diddy vs. Sonic match-up 97:3 in Diddy's favor.

Sonic is the worst character in the game.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
After much revaluation, I have decided to retract my previous objections to ratios, reinstate them, and label the Diddy vs. Sonic match-up 97:3 in Diddy's favor.

Sonic is the worst character in the game.
ok...................

Luigi player

Smash Master
Jigglymaster (Diddy) vs Boku (Sonic) Ladder match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-5AKzfhlc

Yea, Diddy vs Sonic is very, very boring. Nobody dies and the time goes till the very end. Sonic can glide toss back and has great recovery. However Sonic can't kill and Diddy lives to %'s that you'd never think he'd ever reach. I agree with Chromo here with the 55-45 in Diddy's favor.
Wow, that Sonic sucks.

Top Bottom