• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why does it say diddy is weak against peach but in yet another 60-40 matchup it says neutral. Makes no sense. Also diddy ***** jigglypuff you just have to camp her into oblivion and she is absolutely helpless.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's the previous (AKA old and redundant) matchup chart that we've long since abandoned and I have no idea why fox219 is referring to it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Why does it say diddy is weak against peach but in yet another 60-40 matchup it says neutral. Makes no sense. Also diddy ***** jigglypuff you just have to camp her into oblivion and she is absolutely helpless.
haha srsly xD update ftw!

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is hard to kill from wat i figured. the problem is that Diddy cannot kill while Mewtwo gets broken per attack you hit on him >.<...save smashes for kill and gimp as quickly as possible?

DUB

Smash Lord
We need to get Azen in here for a final analysis on this matchup. Since he's been playing both lately with great success.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I don't have a lot of experience vs Lucario (who is NOT as cool as Mewtwo), but I know that he's got better aerial priority, with a lot less lag (except for Bair). Also, his Aura power makes him better at killing as time goes on, which pretty much requires gimping him in order to maintain an advantage.

mnkey

Smash Cadet
also a lucario ahs a really annoying b.... charge,shoot, jump,shoot,shoot,charge.. so annoying and when i do face a good lucario i have no idea what to do (lack of exp.)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I really need help with kirby, I have no matchup experience with him and I've only faced two recently and both gave me trouble. One is extremely campy with bairs and just spaces them so they can't be shieldgrabbed, and just does that the entire 7:00 long match, its very boring and annoying and all I can do is shoot peanuts and wait for him to make a mistake. The other one is an aggressive grabber that knows the matchup well, he just gives me trouble in general and I don't know how to handle kirbys.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I really need help with kirby, I have no matchup experience with him and I've only faced two recently and both gave me trouble. One is extremely campy with bairs and just spaces them so they can't be shieldgrabbed, and just does that the entire 7:00 long match, its very boring and annoying and all I can do is shoot peanuts and wait for him to make a mistake. The other one is an aggressive grabber that knows the matchup well, he just gives me trouble in general and I don't know how to handle kirbys.
<=====*whistles*:rolleyes:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Diddy can't kill until like 423%

It's not uncommon for Lucario to actually live to the cap against Diddy.

Also, it's probably more likely for Diddy to get gimped in this matchup than Lucario. <<

6-4 Lucario IMO.

I hear AlphaZealot thinks the match is in Lucario's favor greatly as well.

But Lucario can seriously dribble? I gotta look into this.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Diddy can't kill until like 423%

It's not uncommon for Lucario to actually live to the cap against Diddy.

Also, it's probably more likely for Diddy to get gimped in this matchup than Lucario. <<

6-4 Lucario IMO.

I hear AlphaZealot thinks the match is in Lucario's favor greatly as well.

But Lucario can seriously dribble? I gotta look into this.
Yes he can dribble. In lucarios favor alot.

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
I cant stand people who play like the first one you mentioned. The other day I played a Marth that literally just jumped up then jumped back all game, until time ran out into sudden death. So dumb and boring. First time I seen someone camp with Marth...

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
btw on the subject on Lucario I know first hand how annoying he is. The only person I play offline is my cousin. He uses Lucario and is not that great honestly but it evens out in a way cause I swear the game cheats for him over diddy. So many times during a game I think to myself the game just cheated for him.

1. His smash attacks can hit through almost anything 50 yards away...
2. He can grab me whenever he wants...
3. Seems to live to about 180% every stock unless gimped...

oh and did I mention his supremly annoying Dair that seems to have priority over diddy period. :mad:

My cousin using Lucario lowers the skill gap between us a bit(even though I still **** him 9-1 :laugh:) , so because of that I'll say the matchup is in Lucario's favor, but not by that much.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've only versed one good Kirby, but when I sat good, he was pretty insane. It's in Kirby's favor 60:40 IMO. Try not to get grabbed below 10% damage maybe 20% because he can just grab combo you then, and it's a true combo. He's easier than most to edgeguard for me but you have to be careful because it can easily turn into him gimping you. If you have a choice, never try to recover close to the stage with your up-b because you will just get daired. If you can, try to predict the bair and out range it with a fair, doesn't work too well if you're versing a good Kirby. Side-b usually helps me a lot, IDK why but it does. Can't really say anything about bananas except to SH throw them every once in a while. IDK NL probably knows the match-up more than I do since I've on;y versed one good Kirby ever.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I've only versed one good Kirby, but when I sat good, he was pretty insane. It's in Kirby's favor 60:40 IMO. Try not to get grabbed below 10% damage maybe 20% because he can just grab combo you then, and it's a true combo. He's easier than most to edgeguard for me but you have to be careful because it can easily turn into him gimping you. If you have a choice, never try to recover close to the stage with your up-b because you will just get daired. If you can, try to predict the bair and out range it with a fair, doesn't work too well if you're versing a good Kirby. Side-b usually helps me a lot, IDK why but it does. Can't really say anything about bananas except to SH throw them every once in a while. IDK NL probably knows the match-up more than I do since I've on;y versed one good Kirby ever.
Hey guess what guy. That Kirby combo...........u can DI out of. If done right he cant follow up with ANYTHING. He just gets fthrow uair and thats it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
ya that kirby combo doesn't work at all i figured that out right after chu picked up kirby he just kept doing the gonzo combo lol and i just Smash DI'd the uair up and away and DJed and was free
Its funny that no one in MD/VA knew that. I shed some light 2 weeks ago......and stop following me

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I knew you could DI it, but he can still tech chase.
No he cant. I smash DIed it with fox (who gets comboed by everyone) and he has to run after me to do something. If u do it right u like jump to the other side of the screen. I smash DIed it on wifi so anyone can do this offline.

Player-1

Smash Legend
No he cant. I smash DIed it with fox (who gets comboed by everyone) and he has to run after me to do something. If u do it right u like jump to the other side of the screen. I smash DIed it on wifi so anyone can do this offline.
Are you sure for Diddy? I've tried DIing it and I never get it to work

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hmm, I guess I just shouldn't airdodge after I get out. So can you explain in details how you do this, I'm not completely clear on it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
If i did it with chars who gets the daylights comboed outta them, diddy can get out. I just fought chu last week and had no problem doin so. U Smash DI the Uair UP+Away. Done. No need to airdodge.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Idk, it's just kirby in general. I don't know how to handle him and his aerial DI is so good at avoiding the bananas and spacing aerials. Maybe it's just generally a hard matchup, bc I can't list what truly gives me trouble.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Idk, it's just kirby in general. I don't know how to handle him and his aerial DI is so good at avoiding the bananas and spacing aerials. Maybe it's just generally a hard matchup, bc I can't list what truly gives me trouble.
Try camping him and always keep a banana in ur hand. He has no projectiles so he has to come to u. No point in chasing someone who runs away from u. Instead make him chase u.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Try camping him and always keep a banana in ur hand. He has no projectiles so he has to come to u. No point in chasing someone who runs away from u. Instead make him chase u.
It's like a jigglypuff on steroids, that's the same tactic I use to beat jigglypuffs but kirby's mid-air DI makes it so much easier for him to space around it and then he actually has a ground game. I'll try just perfecting a camp style against him I guess. Dededes are so easy for me now, I just hate kirbys, marths, and metaknights...

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's like a jigglypuff on steroids, that's the same tactic I use to beat jigglypuffs but kirby's mid-air DI makes it so much easier for him to space around it and then he actually has a ground game. I'll try just perfecting a camp style against him I guess. Dededes are so easy for me now, I just hate kirbys, marths, and metaknights...
A jigglypuff on steroidfs is more of Wario. Maybe try the same thing you do to beat a Wario player if DI is your problem, I think Wario can DI better than Kirby

mnkey

Smash Cadet
I just hate kirbys, marths, and metaknights
me too... i play against a really good marth regularyly maybe the 2nd or 3rd best marth on hawaii(oahu) and i learned that rushing him at the right moment is thebest thing to do and NL told me throw nanas right after an air attack to hit him and get in a combo.. also peanut him while hes off the edge it works.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Whilst we're on related subject matter, this week (Or what's left of it) shall be dedicated to discussing Fox and Kirby.

Sorry about not keeping up with the Diddy boards atm. I'm really bogged down with my work at the moment and I have to concentrate on it for at least one more week.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
whenever i play a kirby i like 2 get 2 nannas stand right over top one of them jump and throw 1 then Zgrab the next and GT towards thee kirby this way one will hit them if they jump and the next will immediatly follow up makeing him touch the ground this way i can do a dash atck and grab my bannana while hitting them and start a short combo bc combos are very short lived when fighting him

ADHD

Smash Hero
Kirby is just generally good at fighting diddy >_< his aerial moboility makes it hard to camp him while he's in the air unlike jiggz and his grab range is really good. Plus his gimping/KO power makes it even more frustrating. it's definitely in his favor but luckily he dies when we fsmash/dsmash him at proper percents XD

mnkey

Smash Cadet
Kirby is just generally good at fighting diddy >_< his aerial moboility makes it hard to camp him while he's in the air unlike jiggz and his grab range is really good. Plus his gimping/KO power makes it even more frustrating. it's definitely in his favor but luckily he dies when we fsmash/dsmash him at proper percents XD

i know right and kirbys low percent combos are crazy dthrow up air dthrow fair it ridiculous..:dizzy:

Top Bottom