• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamonds in the Rough: The South Team at FC

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think the following players should be considered for this. You want people who are good and characters that can take stocks without losing many. With that said, my list looks like this (not in any specific order):

Starters:
DarnkessofHeart- Peach
Rob$- Sheik
KeepSpeedN- Fox
DaShizWiz- Falco
GAwes- Captain Falcon
QDVS- Marth
Hozart- Ice Climbers
IHSB- Samus
Chad- Pikachu
Chaddd- Ganondorf

Alternates:
Cyphus- Doc
Caveman- ?
Iori- Mewtwo
Rice- Falco
FastLikeTree- Fox
Um, Ares, honey, I don't know about you, but generally the goal of a crew battle is to win, and we can't well do that if we bench our two best players, Caveman and FLT.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sorry Chaddd if I seemed mean or anything. And to -Chad-.

I don't mean to sound mean to anyone.

I don't even know if I can go to this tournament right now.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Um, Ares, honey, I don't know about you, but generally the goal of a crew battle is to win, and we can't well do that if we bench our two best players, Caveman and FLT.
Agreed. I was simply trying to provide a starting place from which to build the crew. I don't know who's going/who isn't, who's the best/who isn't. I will say that my list accomplished it's goal by generating discussion. I didn't expect that to be final at all. I'm just trying to get people to talk about it. If they have to talk by flaming a junk list I threw together then so be it, but they're still discussing the topic. Also, I think posting a ridiculous list helps because people defend the best players more. There's no way Caveman and FLT would be alternates, but posting them as such makes people realize how much we need them.

We've established that my posted list is no good. That's fine, it wasn't designed to be. Now let's do something productive as a region and post the names of our top 15 players.

-Chad-

Slackerator
If you guys picked me for this team there's absolutely no way I'm playing anyone but Pika, cause I'd feel too nervous to comfortably play Fox or even my Jiggs (missed rest FTL...ask Chaddd or Moogle >_>)

But I am going to FC for sure.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
--bulljive--
Nonsense. Just keep Iori at hand to keep you calm and let new ideas flow into your head.

_
"OH YOU BETTER DO SOMETHIN, MAN!"
"Dont worry. I have an idea. . . ." **SHINGGG** -rest-

"Oh, and I have another idea. . . . " **SHINGGGGGg* -rest-
_

Instant Classic.

you're*

And for the record, I'm not saying anything bad about Florida, I just think that since skill levels are constantly changing, you can't say that one state totally voids another state just because the number of good players.

Now in all honesty, FL vs GA top 10 battle, we'd get massacred, no question at all. But the skill level in Georgia is so odd, because our number 1 is GaWes, but Mike G is our secret number 1, he just doesn't care about tournaments anymore. The rest of our top 10, I dare say, has a bit more trouble than Wes and I with beating Mikey. That is to say, I don't think I've seen anyone else beat him in our state.

Whatever, all will be revealed this 7/7/7 at exarch's amazing tournament.

I really want to see where I stand now.
mikeg has been to 2 fl tourneys both of which he lost, FL has been to SE regional tourneys many times and proven that they are top in SE and arguably top in the east. the reason everyone is ignoring GA is because you have not proven to anyone else but yourself that you are good. as rock said, FL had to put up with it forever, until just recently.
so dont complain about it, do something about it =D.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Sorry Chaddd if I seemed mean or anything. And to -Chad-.

I don't mean to sound mean to anyone.

I don't even know if I can go to this tournament right now.
Mean? Nah, dude, I didn't take it like that at all. You're a lot better than me, speaking from what I know. But I got as far as I am right now with a year and a half of playing this game, so I'd like to see where these last couple months has placed me. Friendlies if you go to LTEC? I want some Falco/Fox fights.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Nonsense. Just keep Iori at hand to keep you calm and let new ideas flow into your head.

_
"OH YOU BETTER DO SOMETHIN, MAN!"
"Dont worry. I have an idea. . . ." **SHINGGG** -rest-

"Oh, and I have another idea. . . . " **SHINGGGGGg* -rest-
_

Instant Classic.

Hahah but I dunno if Iori is going to FC : (

He's too lazy to get a job to raise the money

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
.... I need to buy my ticket. RockCrock, I may call you up some times this week/possibly today/possibly right now. Just let me check how much money I have in my account.

Edit: If theirs more FL tournies, I can most likely go.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I would go, but, even if I earned enough money, housing and companionship would still be a problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Pritch

Smash Lord
That post was scary.

Colin, hit me up on aim. Xif's car is full, but if we can manage to get 4 people (as in you, me, and 2 others) then that'll pad gas cost sufficiently that I'd probably be willing to drive. If exarch is interested too that means we only need one more, and between your crew, his crew, and the other north fl people (dicey - they're all fairly poor atm) we can hopefully find someone.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I wanna go to FC. Mostly because of the big ssb64 tourney since I suck at melee. I have the money, but I'll have to see if it works around my class schedule. So yah pritch, I'll probably be down to go if i can.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Ryan, colin was telling me that you weren't interested in coming, that you were working or some such lameness. Hit me up on aim or somthing so we can get our stories straight here.

If you can come that simplifies things tremendously too since I think that the current plan is for central fl peeps to get themselves to exarch in gainesville and then from there go to meet me somewhere. Hopefully exarch gets up with me soon to confirm this so I can stop talking out my *** here, but assuming that this is in fact the case you have a car that could get you and colin to him, which would just make for way less headache all around.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Colin is mostly right, but things have changed. I just found out that if I get an A in a summer class I can save my scholarship (I'm a slacker) so I'm leaving work in an attempt to save it. Problem is that driving would cause us to have to leave like 2-3 days early and I don't know if I can miss 2-3 classes since I gotta save my scholly.

So Colin, I'm seriously thinking about going to this and buying plane tickets. I have the money, and I'm assuming you can get the money but you're gonna need to win gigs or ltec. Nothing is certain yet but we'll talk this weekend.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Chad and IHSB are definitely good contenders for the south team. Consistent performance at every tournament they're been to basically.

Plus IHSB ***** space animals. :(

p.s. - DoH - haha... I guess I'm channeling you a bit now with the avatar...

Col Bol

Smash Champion
So Colin, I'm seriously thinking about going to this and buying plane tickets. I have the money, and I'm assuming you can get the money but you're gonna need to win gigs or ltec. Nothing is certain yet but we'll talk this weekend.
As much as I hate to say it, half the FC tickets are already sold out! We need to act fast!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DoH if you are looking for a samus then you should compare IHSB and Mine if majoras isn't going which I don't think he is. I have known IHSB for awhile and would love to see one either him or me play for the team as samus. And I love space animals as well hehe. Seeing as how samus dittos are stupid I would rather play someone and then have ihsb play someone or we both play you or something. His samus is probably better but from now on I am working on mine like mad again because I haven't been playing her at all.

I mainly just want to play IHSB lol. And this thread is so much better than the texas one. Too many debaters in texas >_>. XD. I have also heard great things about chad...we all need to play at the tournament to really see where everyone in texas florida and georgia stands. DoH is pretty good about these things though so I trust he will make the best team possible for the south.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
There some good South Florida people that haven't been considered. Green Mario's got a sick Mario and XIF's Peach is out of control. And don't forget Rock Crock and QDVS, they're really good too.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Pretty sure our car is full Ted, but I know Cash mooney is looking for a ride too (unless one of ours bails and he rides with us), maybe the 2 of you can figure somthing out.

Top Bottom