• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diamonds in the Rough: The South Team at FC

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
mm..well considering the top 2 non-guaranteed, FCD-participating placers at LTEC were...Lambchops and RockCrock...shouldn't they be put on the team?
cave, xelic, shiz, speedn, lambchops, rock...that would make 6 people.
sheik, peach, falco, fox, falco, fox...(looks good so far :p)

theres about 16 people that i'm sure would be qualified/interested in trying out for the remainder of the team...
doh, smiles, nite, spaceballs, pikachad, lee, cyphus, taylor, john, qdvs, dop, greenmario, linguini, exarch, viperboy

maybe we should do 4 RR pools...top 2 move on. Leaving 8...then those 8 do a double-elimination tourney. Top 4 get on team...bottom 4 become alternates.

Linguini

Smash Master
I got 9th at LTEC and im def. going to try out for the South Team. Guess ill just have to prove myself at FCD which is fine by me.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i think the first 4 pools of four sounds good, but then i think 2 more pools of 4 would be more accurate than a double elimination tourney, even with only 8 people. or maybe a full rr with the remaining 8. i dont think we'll rly be pressed for time.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
But how many spots are left on the South team?

So the top people just take over the remaining spots on the south team?

BTW, who will be running the Round Robin thing?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
RR for FCD for the south team should have

the top 3 from LA (cyphus, lee, and other i forget)

from FL it'd be myself, lambchops, green, linguini, colbol

then texas would have xelic, smiles, and whoever else is good from there.

But I personally still like the idea of like shiz, speedn, caveman, etc (the garunteeds) just playing us and deciding who'd be good or not.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
mm..well considering the top 2 non-guaranteed, FCD-participating placers at LTEC were...Lambchops and RockCrock...shouldn't they be put on the team?
cave, xelic, shiz, speedn, lambchops, rock...that would make 6 people.
sheik, peach, falco, fox, falco, fox...(looks good so far :p)

theres about 16 people that i'm sure would be qualified/interested in trying out for the remainder of the team...
doh, smiles, nite, spaceballs, pikachad, lee, cyphus, taylor, john, qdvs, dop, greenmario, linguini, exarch, viperboy

maybe we should do 4 RR pools...top 2 move on. Leaving 8...then those 8 do a double-elimination tourney. Top 4 get on team...bottom 4 become alternates.
I think my samus is just as good as IHSB >_>.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm starting to like this 'everyone plays the top 4' thing. Since I wouldn't be able to watch every RR match and I trust Cave/Xelic/Shiz/SpeedN's judgement.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, how well we do against each other doesn't really matter, when the majority of the people on the other crews will be Cave/Xelic/Shiz/SpeedN level. So who does the best against them is much more important a factor, and can also help figure out what characters to send people in against.

And everyone who should read this is probably travelling right now. So never mind, I'll just mention it when I get there.

Nite

Smash Champion
Haha, yea it was fun. Linguini put the **** on Midwest too.

-Squeaky kid voice- "Hi Dashizwiz!" LOL

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
ROFL Nite that was tooo funny man.

<3 you :).

BTW, great job taking that stock off of Darkrain and then beating Vidjo then almost taking that stock off of Tink. Dang your too good.

BTW, LINGUINI *****.

Seriously.... wtf @ Linguini.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
thats what I heard from FC-D, that Linguini was on fire. i want some vids!!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
This is gonna sound kind of weird but where in the South is Xelic from? That peach was friggen amazing in crew vids, but I've never encountered this smasher before and I was interested in where he is.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
This is gonna sound kind of weird but where in the South is Xelic from? That peach was friggen amazing in crew vids, but I've never encountered this smasher before and I was interested in where he is.
yea he's good. he got 2nd in teams at the only mlg he's been to and he's rank 4 on texas power rankings, just under Wobbles (although he's defeated wobbles in tournament, but wobbles has a **** load of wins over Caveman while xelic has 1, but it's enough to put wobbles at the higher rank).

Nite

Smash Champion
Xelic and Caveman also took 3rd at FC Diamond. That is a very notable accomplishment. His peach is good.

Top Bottom