• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like my DH does a lot more damage than my Wizard. And now that Critical Mass doesn't do anything, I'm kind of inclined to just not play my Wizard anymore. What options do we have besides Blizzard kiting now? I'm doubtful that it'll be fixed anytime soon, since Blizzard seems to be nerfing much more than buffing or bugfixing.

PS: my boots still don't give me increased attack speed

Kal

Smash Champion
No. Also, they got rid of the only decent power leveling tactic. Blizzard sucks.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Finished the game on Nightmare as a level 48 (or 46, I forget) Monk. I actually changed from dual wielding to having a single weapon and a shield. Those guardians of the hell portals Diablo spawns could 2-shot me, so I looked around for a way to get up my armor, but the only way was to get a shield, since I didn't have anything good enough to socket in an emerald. Good thing for me was that the shield gave me a damage AND protection buff, so I only lost some vitality, but at the increased armor and damage, it was worth it.

Diablo is still a pushover. Belial is the only difficult one, IMO.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Finished the game on Nightmare as a level 48 (or 46, I forget) Monk. I actually changed from dual wielding to having a single weapon and a shield. Those guardians of the hell portals Diablo spawns could 2-shot me, so I looked around for a way to get up my armor, but the only way was to get a shield, since I didn't have anything good enough to socket in an emerald. Good thing for me was that the shield gave me a damage AND protection buff, so I only lost some vitality, but at the increased armor and damage, it was worth it.

Diablo is still a pushover. Belial is the only difficult one, IMO.
Diablo is the hardest boss the first time you fight him in hell imo. He's the hardest in inferno as well.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's really dumb. I don't want to go through the tedium of beating the game three times every time I want a new character.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really dumb? What's dumb is that you can just do the same super fast run over and over to gain fast xp. They wanted for you to progress regularly through monsters and champions and they stayed true to their word. Powerleveling like that sucks.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really dumb? What's dumb is that you can just do the same super fast run over and over to gain fast xp. They wanted for you to progress regularly through monsters and champions and they stayed true to their word. Powerleveling like that sucks.
I mean..it's just an opinion. I think getting to level 60 as fast as possible is a lot more fun than leveling lol. I don't really want to do all the quests every time I make a new character, I would rather just do quests I enjoy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I mean..it's just an opinion. I think getting to level 60 as fast as possible is a lot more fun than leveling lol. I don't really want to do all the quests every time I make a new character, I would rather just do quests I enjoy.
Well I guess in softcore you want to get strong fast but in hardcore you can definitely not rush it like that or you'll die in 2 seconds. lol. But I mean it just means that you'll find more random loot all around.. it isn't so bad.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Hylian, think I could get your build again? I've got a friend that needs a lot of help figuring out what exactly he needs to do as far as item paths and skill setups go. We're level 60 trying to get through act 3 inferno, and are stuck at magda in part because he can't tank a single hit of anything. -_-

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey Hylian, think I could get your build again? I've got a friend that needs a lot of help figuring out what exactly he needs to do as far as item paths and skill setups go. We're level 60 trying to get through act 3 inferno, and are stuck at magda in part because he can't tank a single hit of anything. -_-
Sure thing. This is the build I'm using right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WYXVkR!aeb!YZaccZ

If you are fighting a boss you can change around some things, you probably don't need revenge and can opt for wrath of the beserker(with 100%dmg or 60% dodge depending on what you need). Pound of flesh is super useful for sustain(which my build lacks some because I use leap instead of charge) but I think it's worth keeping for that boss fight specifically.

Basically just stagger the defensive cooldowns leaving a few seconds in between and you will almost always have massive defense. I currently have around 5500 armor I think and 600-700 on all my resists with 50k health, you need stats like these or better to tank that late in inferno barbs are probably the most gear dependent class.

DPS builds work really well against bosses that don't have phases(butcher for example) which are basically just using the passives that give you %bonus damage, and then using wrath with insanity and then earthquake after for insaaaanneee damage output. For example:

[yt]a7X5oDsQ5oQ[/yt]

As for more specific builds kripp gives some really good insightful advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhFivTNooQ&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=3&feature=plcp

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Good luck. I have 20k HP with my DH and die in a few hits in Nightmare :/.
Well now I just killed normal diablo without dying.. nightmare time, uh oh! Now i'm at 531 dps with 7k life and thats fine right now i havent even come close to dying. But i know im going to need more and more!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Me and Chad just finished Normal and about half of Act 1 on our first alts, should hit us up some time kage. Although we're both rolling with some pretty silly gear and 1500 damage.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hardcore is lots of fun, i have a 25 wizard with lots of vitality gear that is sick. my only regret is that normal is really boring on hardcore since its pretty hard to die.

Kal

Smash Champion
I've already gone through this content with my Demon Hunter. Now, to get to end-game content with another character, which is the only content I'm interested in, I'm forced to run through the game again three more times.

If power leveling is possible, it doesn't have an impact on anyone who wants to play by running through the tedium. But it sure as hell makes it take longer for those of us who don't want to spend all that extra time. Blizzard isn't doing this to try and reach some esteemed gameplay balance; they just want to artificially increase replay value. This is the problem with Blizzard: you want to play a way they dislike, even if it doesn't impact anyone else? Too bad, they will get rid of it. And its fan boys will defend them.

In lighter news, I just finished Belial on Normal with my Barb. That boss is a lot harder with a melee class.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've already gone through this content with my Demon Hunter. Now, to get to end-game content with another character, which is the only content I'm interested in, I'm forced to run through the game again three more times.

If power leveling is possible, it doesn't have an impact on anyone who wants to play by running through the tedium. But it sure as hell makes it take longer for those of us who don't want to spend all that extra time. Blizzard isn't doing this to try and reach some esteemed gameplay balance; they just want to artificially increase replay value. This is the problem with Blizzard: you want to play a way they dislike, even if it doesn't impact anyone else? Too bad, they will get rid of it. And its fan boys will defend them.

In lighter news, I just finished Belial on Normal with my Barb. That boss is a lot harder with a melee class.
No its just the rules of the game. If you didn't have to work to get your character to level 60, there would be no value to the character. I don't think its a coincidence that a character happens to hit level 60 right around the time they enter inferno. Blizzard's intention is for a player to play through the campaign in order to level, and as the creators of the game it is in their power to do that.

Its not like leveling takes the same amount of time for everyone, either. If you want to level faster, you must learn how to play the game better. This could mean learning patterns in the map layouts or identifying blues by their prefixes and suffixes instead of picking them up or learning more efficient methods for clearing enemies. You complain about the game not introducing new skill sets yet you don't want to take the time to improve your skills. Or am I wrong, and you already are perfect and no longer need improvement?

Stop being such a negative nancy, dude.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For people thinking the game is too hard on inferno, Kripp can currently beat diablo on inferno with 5 stacks a NV. That's crazy considering people were saying barb is the weakest class in inferno and it was literally impossible to even do act 2 with one.

People are just going to have to have top tier gear before all of inferno is viable really, and I like this.

Kal

Smash Champion
No its just the rules of the game. If you didn't have to work to get your character to level 60, there would be no value to the character. I don't think its a coincidence that a character happens to hit level 60 right around the time they enter inferno. Blizzard's intention is for a player to play through the campaign in order to level, and as the creators of the game it is in their power to do that.
Everything is "just the rules of the game." It's a useless fallback that prevents any form of criticism: if everything gave 1 Experience Point and it ended up taking over one-hundred hours to reach the maximum level, it would still be "just the rules of the game." But this doesn't make it useful or enjoyable.

It's also totally nonsensical to pretend that "working hard" to get to 60 is what determines your character's value. Different players will value things differently. Again, this is an example of someone thinking "my opinion is how everyone should play." But that's not how it works for me, and anyone else who enjoys end-game content (whose existence exactly contradicts the notion that working hard to get to the maximum level is relevant to the value of a character). The value of my characters, to me, is from their gear and their completion of end-game content.

And really, reiterating that it's Blizzard's intention doesn't change anything. Of course it's Blizzard's intention. It's still total bull ****.

Its not like leveling takes the same amount of time for everyone, either. If you want to level faster, you must learn how to play the game better. This could mean learning patterns in the map layouts or identifying blues by their prefixes and suffixes instead of picking them up or learning more efficient methods for clearing enemies. You complain about the game not introducing new skill sets yet you don't want to take the time to improve your skills. Or am I wrong, and you already are perfect and no longer need improvement?
No **** you could get better at reaching maximum level. This doesn't change the fact that it's still a tedious grind I've already gone through.

Stop being such a negative nancy, dude.
Blow me, Mr. Strawman.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wonder how pvp is going to be. I really can't imagine it being balanced with the movesets the classes have lol

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not excited for PvP. Arena is boring. Part of the fun of Diablo II PvP was the potential for hectic free-for-all PvP with eight people. Now it's just some boring arena crap that they're not even going to try and balance.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That too. Arena ruined WoW, yet so many people play it anyway :(
Battlegrounds were so much better, and free world PvP, that wasn't restricted by Blizzard, was the best.

Jem.

Smash Master
You can expect Blizzard might include a battleground type system or something. 3v3 arena pvp doesnt take months to push out, it could already be out if arena is all they wanted. Especially since every diablo fanboy links the Jay Wilson quote about them not caring about PvP as much. Clearly they care about something with pvp, so I am expecting something else on top of arena.

And you can get to level 60 in like, 30 hours if you just skip the cutscenes. Chill dude. Gamers these days have no attention span. My friends and I logged like 300 hours on Tales on Symphonia co-op playthroughs of every difficulty :p

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm pretty calm. I just find it an annoying decision. It's not a lack of attention span; I just don't want to go through the tedium 10 times in order to unlock a single achievement.

Jem.

Smash Master
the fact the average RPG nowadays is probably beaten around 20-25 hours is super lame. people make games shorter because people want instant gratification and for things to be condensed. i love rpg's that take around 50 hours just to beat.

offtopic yeah but, ...yeah.

Top Bottom