• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Kal

Smash Champion
Think you might have missed the point on that one, my friend.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Got my Wizard to 60 today and roflstomped act 1 inferno. Like..holy **** it was so much easier than barb and I have pretty much no good gear lmao. I bought a weapon off the AH for 400k just to start out with since I had like no items and just picked up stuff along the way. Killed the butcher in like 15 seconds, such a nice change of pace from hacking away with barb.

Don't get me wrong I love tanking the **** out of things in a group with my barb, but it's not nearly as fun solo as just destroying everything with lasers lmao.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
What divinokage is talking about is actually a scientifically backed theory, presumably to do with the Universal Mind.

It's pretty far out, but much closer to science then most (if not all) religion.

Still, you should probably not go about talking about it in an 'I'm right your wrong' kind of way unless your willing to back it up.

Kal

Smash Champion
Arcansi, can you provide sources for any of this scientific backing? Universal mind has to do with spiritual philosophy, so I don't really see why there would be any scientific literature regarding it.

Kraivenous, I don't think the Auction House is so bad. The worst thing is both not being able to cancel auctions or set a different time limit. I also wonder if the economy is going to become hyperinflated with gold as more and more items flood the market. In WoW, items become "soulbound," which artificially gives them a one-time use. If you equip an item that becomes soulbound, it leaves the market, basically.

In WoW, most worthwhile items become soulbound on equip. In Diablo III, this isn't the case (and I would be very, very upset if they incorporated a bind-on-equip mechanic), so the longer the market exists, unless it turns out salvaging good items becomes worthwhile (something I seriously doubt), the cheaper gear will get. At least this is what people are speculating will happen.

This just reinforces my opinion that an auction house doesn't belong in a dungeon crawler. Bartering makes so much more sense to me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Both gold and quantity of items will constantly increase
Cost of items in gold is related to rarity/quality and saturation of gold in the market

As amount of gold in the market goes up, cost of items goes up
As the amount of items in the market goes up, cost of items goes down

Theoretically, these two forces should balance each other out to the point where gold find and magic find strategies are in equilibrium, along with crafting strategies.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Arcansi, can you provide sources for any of this scientific backing? Universal mind has to do with spiritual philosophy, so I don't really see why there would be any scientific literature regarding it.

Kraivenous, I don't think the Auction House is so bad.
yeah, I haven't had a problem (minus the subpar searching) with AH.
I was trying to change the subject back to D3 lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Beat act 4 inferno with some friends just now :).

Time to farm enough to solo it haha.

Edit: Turns out my gear is good enough as is :p

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Hylian88/Screenshot034.jpg

I'm using this build to stay in wrath for the entire diablo fight. I just spam sprint and battle rage to spend fury and keep wrath up forever. Took me 3 tries to kill him solo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So when is the patch for inferno? Honestly, It feels like you should level a Wiz/DH before anything else. The price of gear for Monk/Barb/WD is insane because defensive stuff is expensive, especially for WD who needs both.

I'm leveling a Wiz right now (I've wanted too, regardless of patches/inferno/etc), and thinking I should use it to farm Inferno for Monk...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So when is the patch for inferno? Honestly, It feels like you should level a Wiz/DH before anything else. The price of gear for Monk/Barb/WD is insane because defensive stuff is expensive, especially for WD who needs both.

I'm leveling a Wiz right now (I've wanted too, regardless of patches/inferno/etc), and thinking I should use it to farm Inferno for Monk...

Really, just use what you have fun with. I have lots of fun on my barb, and I just beat act 4 inferno with him. I don't have the most amazing gear ever(I don't even have a stormshield or string of ears which are considered required lol). I just got a wizard to 60 and flew through act 1 inferno and halfway through act 2 now. A very nice change of pace from my barb.

Honestly though I feel like after the nerfs I'm going to be able to roflstomp every act with my barb. If damage isn't going to be spiky I don't see how I'm going to die at all lol.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Just took down Skele King Inferno with a friend with my Monk.

@__@ Inferno is not easy.

Not the Skele King.

It's these Elite/Champ packs.

I need to get better gear. And even then, I still think I'd get my *** handed to me. T__T I think I need a new skill setup, too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Was about to post those. I just found one of the best DH ammys in the game currently, trying to sell it before the IAS nerfs lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
~200

Really, just use what you have fun with. I have lots of fun on my barb, and I just beat act 4 inferno with him. I don't have the most amazing gear ever(I don't even have a stormshield or string of ears which are considered required lol). I just got a wizard to 60 and flew through act 1 inferno and halfway through act 2 now. A very nice change of pace from my barb.

Honestly though I feel like after the nerfs I'm going to be able to roflstomp every act with my barb. If damage isn't going to be spiky I don't see how I'm going to die at all lol.
Well, I wanted one of each playstyle. I picked Monk over Barb for Close Range, WD is it's own catagory, and Wiz/DH be long. I'd rather be a Wizard, so yeah there's no harm in me leveling a Wiz.

I love Monk, actually on every MMO/Game I've picked the Monkish class. What I don't love is the cost to progress. I actually prefer 20kDPS with insane living potential over 100kDps+++ and being a Glass Cannon XD.

I searched the AH (RM and Gold) and it'd cost like 500k~2mil a piece for Act II with Cold Res(cheap) and All Res. I'd be at 750All REs with 30kHp and...Iunno prolly 17k Dps.

Maybe I'm missing out on how to make money, but running through the butcher runs only gets like 150~200k

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's a lot easier to sell gear in HC kage lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Holy **** whats a huge decrease. THinking I should sell some of my monk great with ias now.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So i havent heard official word: is the ias change going to be retroactive? Will items I have with 20% ias retain their ias or decrease with the patch? I remember a patch in diablo 2 where items were changed but items before the patch kept their old stats

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IMO IAS will usually be worth having. Things might not sell for much right away but soon people will realize they still want IAS and look for the stat on every item they can since the value is lower.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
IMO IAS will usually be worth having. Things might not sell for much right away but soon people will realize they still want IAS and look for the stat on every item they can since the value is lower.
Well, for a Barb, I feel like that won't be an issue for you.

You still have Frenzy. You can still get up there into crazy attack speeds (which may be why there was the call for the nerf. I haven't done any research on this, and I spend my time reading "A Storm of Swords" rather than why they nerfed attack speed).

As a Monk, I'm reliant on what items offer me to get decent speeds, since the fist weapons are... Okay (speed wise. Highest base I've seen is 1.40).

You're probably right. It will probably be an important stat to have.

I think what I need, is coaching on how to play my character. And or not to be a total noob/scrub. :/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, for a Barb, I feel like that won't be an issue for you.

You still have Frenzy. You can still get up there into crazy attack speeds (which may be why there was the call for the nerf. I haven't done any research on this, and I spend my time reading "A Storm of Swords" rather than why they nerfed attack speed).

As a Monk, I'm reliant on what items offer me to get decent speeds, since the fist weapons are... Okay (speed wise. Highest base I've seen is 1.40).

You're probably right. It will probably be an important stat to have.

I think what I need, is coaching on how to play my character. And or not to be a total noob/scrub. :/
Attack speed is VERY important for any tank. You get tankier the faster you attack because of life on hit. You want insane attack speed just for that stat alone on a barb. For monks building spirit with AS is just as important as proccing their LoH.

AS definitely wasn't nerfed because of monks or barbs though haha.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Who was it nerfed for? As a solo DH i'd much rather have a higher single hit damage than IAS with the same DPS. In groups i could see it being different

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It was primarily nerfed for DH's honestly. Stacking AS just increased their dps to insane amounts and allowed things like shootstepping NT for tons of crits etc. Overall I feel like the AS nerf will hurt monks the most.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah. Why is it important to them to nerf/balance the game around pve? I STILL don't understand why there are balance patches before pvp is released

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Andy, that ammy sold for $250 just now :). I should have put it on the GAH for 100 million but I was afraid because of the patch :(.

Top Bottom