• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Well, I'm currently 110k dps (after magic weapon), with 28k HP, and 400+ resist. Granted I'm a wizard so kiting is real easy since they are all melee. I do full clears in roughly 15-20 minutes. I used to sell spots but I don't value gold as much, I may start selling spots for stacks of flawless square gems but I haven't decided. Anyways the time to bank is over, prices have DRASTICALLY dropped. TBH if you wait like 2-3 week you can probably purchase top end gear for like 20 dollars.
Also wrote a pretty sick excel spreadsheet for DPS calculator. Pretty accurate (I'm off by a few 100 damage but I believe that's because I didn't factor the base damage you start off with).
Great way to compare DPS differences when purchasing items.

dphat should i level a wizard or DH which is in your opinion better for farming inferno
Can't believe I missed this post, tbh both those class do a fantastic job of farming inferno, while the DH maybe better I feel like gearing up a Wizard to farm later acts is significantly cheaper.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Like, in D2 HC items were so hard to sell due to the lack of players (since most people aren't dedicated enough to play 100% at all time), and the fact that such items can be lost after dying. Anyways if you're trying to get rid of your HC items I would post on D2jsp (tend to find a lot of hardcore players there) and try to grab gold in normal or forum gold.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I guess that could be an idea but ill need to get stronger somehow without dying in inferno.. lol. The best gear people find in normal mode isnt as good as what people find in HC because its too scary to fight in a2 normally lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I guess that could be an idea but ill need to get stronger somehow without dying in inferno.. lol. The best gear people find in normal mode isnt as good as what people find in HC because its too scary to fight in a2 normally lol.
What I heard some people do when playing HC is to gear their normal character with the same gear their HC has and then just practice the area a few times.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
I just followed the steps and it worked, make sure that you billing information is identical on both your battle.net account and paypal.
yeah, I figured it out. In-game it just says to link the paypal, but it never said to set up the SMS authentication...

Kal

Smash Champion
Kage, by the time you've converted your Hardcore riches, the prices will probably have stabilized and you won't be making bank the way DPhat is. Personally, I don't think it's worth it to switch from Hardcore unless you prefer softcore in the first place.

Sharky

Smash Master
with how chaotic prices are right now you think it's possible to find steals and progressively make more money just bumping up prices bit by bit? like the whole trading from a pencil to a house idea. don't even need a geared up char to do that lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, by the time you've converted your Hardcore riches, the prices will probably have stabilized and you won't be making bank the way DPhat is. Personally, I don't think it's worth it to switch from Hardcore unless you prefer softcore in the first place.
Don't think that's worth it.. HC is a lot more fun.

Sharky, that's totally possible but you need to be patient.. you'll likely play in auction house all day and not play the actual game lol.

Kal

Smash Champion
Kage, what is your RealID? I'm happy to roll a hardcore character with you. I have a level 15 Hardcore Demon Hunter, but I thought it would be fun to roll a Wizard.

bassem6

Smash Lord
http://imgur.com/7ca5W

Boots I found from an elite mob in act II inferno :O

Theres only one boot like it with comparable stats on the gold ah for 17m~ and then theres a few like it on RMAH for 75$ and higher. What should I do x_X??

Player-3

Smash Hero
do u need $80 bassem or do u want some gold?

das all u need, if you have a stable income and plenty of spending money then there's no reason to sell it for $80 (unless u want to store that money in order to buy gear off the RMAH when prices chill out)

bassem6

Smash Lord
do u need $80 bassem or do u want some gold?

das all u need, if you have a stable income and plenty of spending money then there's no reason to sell it for $80 (unless u want to store that money in order to buy gear off the RMAH when prices chill out)
No I dont need money. But I feel like if I sell it for like 70-80 bucks on RMAH, I can buy gold off the RMAH using this money for more than what I would get than just straight up selling it on the gold auction house.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, I'm currently 110k dps (after magic weapon), with 28k HP, and 400+ resist. Granted I'm a wizard so kiting is real easy since they are all melee. I do full clears in roughly 15-20 minutes. I used to sell spots but I don't value gold as much, I may start selling spots for stacks of flawless square gems but I haven't decided. Anyways the time to bank is over, prices have DRASTICALLY dropped. TBH if you wait like 2-3 week you can probably purchase top end gear for like 20 dollars.
Also wrote a pretty sick excel spreadsheet for DPS calculator. Pretty accurate (I'm off by a few 100 damage but I believe that's because I didn't factor the base damage you start off with).
Great way to compare DPS differences when purchasing items.

Can't believe I missed this post, tbh both those class do a fantastic job of farming inferno, while the DH maybe better I feel like gearing up a Wizard to farm later acts is significantly cheaper.
110kDPS.. O.o I'm @30k. Guessing i'm far off from ponies... XD

What does Wizard build like? do you focus on Int/Armor/Res/etc or become a kiting glass cannon with pure dps [like DH)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You build just enough vit and res to not get killed in one hit by everything, then dump your gold into int. Attack speed and crit chance/damage depending on your build.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
The EU purchase failed bugg happened to me...

IF you are currently outside of EU and have an EU account when u purchase the game and start playing they won't accept your money, but since paypal (or your bankcard tried both)
approved on your part you can play for approximately one day before you have to repurchase...
I reached lvl 54 then realised this game wasnt rly worth it (imo) and quit lolz. Real money spent zero! time spent: oh well xD

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Well you want to aim for ~ 30k hp and 350-400 res (but with 2000 int you naturally have 200 all res) so getting another 150-200 all res is real easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmALsmd3gYw&feature=watch_response
Informative video about RMAH, I agree with him 100% if you're going to purchase something off the RMAH please wait a week or two before doing so.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also dphat, how do you go about buying good rings for wizard? Is it worth it to try to find +damage rings, or do I just go for int and the other usual minor stuff? I'm trying to find good replacements for my IAS rings, just in case nerfs occur.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ So um, got the pony level, and I knew you needed 2mil to get it to Inferno. What I didn't know was you need to be on Act4 to get the plans.

Does that mean Whimsyshire is harder than Act4? >.> Since i'm still farming Act1 Inferno I assume Whimsy is way out of my league XD

Top Bottom