• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Kal

Smash Champion
Alright so let say 1,000,000 gold is worth $1, but let say people would prefer $ over gold thus making that 1 million gold useless and unwanted. Whenever gold becomes less valuable I plan on buying bulks of it so I can go on a crafting spree.
Even if people prefer money over gold, all we need to ensure that gold remains valuable is for gold to retain some usefulness. Currently, there isn't much outside of being able to create certain gems and craft certain gear, but we'll have to wait and see. If people are willing to pay money for gold, then the gold auction house should survive. If it gets to the point where gold truly is useless (something that isn't currently strictly true, and something Blizzard will probably improve on), then yeah, the gold auction house will die, and there will be no point in having gold.

As I said before, there has to be sufficient demand for the items in terms of the currency being requested. If people are refusing to sell things on the gold auction house, yet people don't want to use the real money auction house, either nothing gets sold, or someone gives in. More likely, it will be the people selling things on the real money auction house deciding to give in and accept gold as currency than the people buying things deciding they're willing to shell out real cash for virtual gear.

And, even if gold isn't useful for a while, once the realization that gold is useful for crafting comes in (say because gold has become extremely inflated), the price of gold will go up, making gold useful again.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer

I can't believe these are selling for so much, two of them didn't even have IAS.

Kal

Smash Champion
You've got to be kidding me. People actually paid $250 for those? O_o

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The most confusing thing to me still are the people trying to sell 400 dps one handers for $1.25(the minimum.) It costs a dollar to list and you take a 15% cut. You're making like 8 cents, if it sold.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There will always be those rich gamers who can just throw money around without caring, that is the only reason I see those items being sold for that much.

The cheapest SS on the RMAH right now is $22. I wonder if people will start undercutting to sell their items.

From what it looks like I would advise trying to sell items right now if possible as people are actually buying them and prices will probably drop rather than rise in the future.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Fully agree with Hylian, as more actual good items go up, the items like those earlier amulets definitely wont be selling for 250.

Also Yang, DH.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like this, for 10 bucks I could've gotten 5 items that make a huge difference >.> (my luck is abysmal)

Well, I could have if I bought stuff XP

Anyways, Monk or WD for Inferno ? I wanna play Monk, I like Monk a lot, it's cheaper, but people say it gets owned in Inferno..or is that being fixed?

Also, 1hand/shield, 2hand, or dual wield

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
inferno is basically the new hell, right? I mean, I don't hear anyone saying it's particularly difficult (or impossible) and from the sounds of it, it's similar in difficulty to Hell in D2.
I don't remember that diff in D1 though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
inferno is basically the new hell, right? I mean, I don't hear anyone saying it's particularly difficult (or impossible) and from the sounds of it, it's similar in difficulty to Hell in D2.
I don't remember that diff in D1 though.
No, it's waaayyyy harder than hell in D2.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ So yeah, do I go the Monk melee route, or WD? I don't wanna waste my gold on Monk if it's impossible.

Btw I;m playing with a WD, Barb, and a DH/WD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Any class is viable in inferno with the right gear. Play whatever you have more fun playing, it's not impossible. Melee characters just have to spend more time gearing up but once they get there it's definitely possible.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ah, I'd think it's cheaper for Monk cause of the passive skill anyways. WD Seems like it'd be more expensive....just because +all Res is godlike expensive with decent stats.

Kal

Smash Champion
I would suggest a Demon Hunter. My personal favorite class, and by far the easiest class to get through Inferno with.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Idk it just seems Monk is crap atm. Barbs Tank, the other 3 do rivalish dps, but what does Monk do? Half-Tanks (badly in inferno), and does "OK" Damage.

Why have a Monk when you can have a Barb/DD/DD/DD....

I hope Blizz fixes it.

I mean, I'm at 7k Armor/30k Health/16k DPS on Act1Inferno (not great I know), and I can clear Act 1 just fine (bar-Arcane lasers, i have 400 All Res but blegh), but I do such crap damage things take too long and Eva or Damage Reduction just isn't enough...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah monks and barbs are both very similar in terms of tanking viability. Monks can avoid and heal more damage while barbs migate more through DR. Monks can get their resist really high by stacking resist all+ one specific res while barbs use impunity for high res. Monks have great synergy with barbs in groups, with my shout my friend has around 1400 res all and he gives me better dodge and healing.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Right now im somewhere in the middle between quitting diablo 3 to spend my time elsewhere (assassins creed bro, sc2, melee, girls, etc), making a new char (barb or wiz) or grinding more and more and more on my DH. The repetitiveness and lack of reward for the grind is boring me to ****. I'm not the achievement ***** type; I could care less about actually beating inferno. I was looking forward to the trading and PvP scene, both of which are non-existent. Selling in the AH is not the same as finding a "trades here" game and browsing the inventory of other players. You have no chance to form a relationship with the other players or interact with them at all. Somehow, blizzard has once again found a way to take out all feeling of community in a game. First sc2, now this.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's weird I thought since Monk only needed 1 of a resist for all Res it'd be cheaper to gear. I can see I'm wrong now <,<

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Right now im somewhere in the middle between quitting diablo 3 to spend my time elsewhere (assassins creed bro, sc2, melee, girls, etc), making a new char (barb or wiz) or grinding more and more and more on my DH. The repetitiveness and lack of reward for the grind is boring me to ****. I'm not the achievement ***** type; I could care less about actually beating inferno. I was looking forward to the trading and PvP scene, both of which are non-existent. Selling in the AH is not the same as finding a "trades here" game and browsing the inventory of other players. You have no chance to form a relationship with the other players or interact with them at all. Somehow, blizzard has once again found a way to take out all feeling of community in a game. First sc2, now this.
Yeah honestly the game just isn't that fun right now. I mean, I'm having fun with it, but that's mostly from friends. I would suggest just taking a break and coming back to hopefully everything being better via patches.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah I kinda have, but I do enjoy spending time on the AH and finding more gear. I'll be honest, I had quite a lot of fun in d2 (later days) just messing with bots and trading the stuff I found. I wasn't a mass botter or anything, just 1 key set, so I never had obscene loot, but i was decently wealthy. Its probably one of the reasons I really fell in love with programming. Gearing out the character and messing with the build, modifying the run, and always the excitement of coming back later to find a few cool items. Modifying the pickit to include exactly what items you want (down to the last mod), the d2jsp scene (its quaint), even constantly f5ing was fun haha

Honestly, if I had the choice between games, I would choose d2. I wish I had played it before d3 came out; I kept thinking about it but figured i'd just wait.

Zoler

Smash Ace
So my computer broke, can't play until saturday... :/

The economy still broken and stuff?

Kal

Smash Champion
Blizzard's goal from the beginning was clearly to make as much money as possible from the real money auction house, which means ****ing up the itemization and reward system. This might get fixed in 1.03, but I wouldn't count on it.

I could see it becoming more enjoyable in six months to a year. As more and more players quit and wind up not spending money, Blizzard's best bet will be to try and cater to the remaining players, as well as convince the old players to come back and spend money.

I do think a lot of the game's problems are thanks to Jay Wilson. You read his thoughts on Diablo II and rather than attempt to improve on the game, he just wants to revamp everything. It sounds as though he didn't even like the game. Combined with the overwhelming WoW-ness of the game, and the ****ty MMO feel (despite there being not nearly as much to do as in any MMO), I'm not at all surprised people are disappointed and getting bored.

Also, if you've purchased the game digitally from Blizzard, you've got a day or two to call them up and ask for a refund. You don't need any reason, as far as I'm aware, but "I'm not happy with the product" should suffice if they ask why. Sadly, I bought a hard copy and have to go through a ton of hoops to return it, so I won't bother.

Kal

Smash Champion
Made almost $1000? That's crazy. I'm really jealous. T_T

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Yup nothing better then waking up and seeing a wall of blizzard notification in your e-mail telling you that your item's have been sold and is now being processed to your paypal account.
I've contemplated selling my Wizard gear for like 1500-2000, but it's so profitable for me to keep farming whimeyshire that I opted not to.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dang that's nice, is there a guide anywhere to finding the Pony items?

Also, solo'd Act1 Inferno. Act2 is a brick wall...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Andy making bank.

Time to set up a paypal account >_>.

Top Bottom