• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was actually listening to their first album a few days back. Nostalgia hehe. Also Circus teach me the way of using the gifs that you always do. Like where do you find em. I need some good ones.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, Red Ryu's new nickname isssssssss....

Rodrigo. Because when I met him in person, I thought he said "Hi, I'm Rodrigo" lmao

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I was actually listening to their first album a few days back. Nostalgia hehe. Also Circus teach me the way of using the gifs that you always do. Like where do you find em. I need some good ones.
I just find them out in the wild, blue internet once in a while. Most I just collect over time, though I have occasionally gone looking for a gif to illustrate a specific thing at a specific time.

Tumblr's a good shortcut though. Most of my gifs end up from there in some way.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I've never played any of the zelda games where "Toon Link" was the star. I despise the artstyle of those games, and was immediately turned off from ever wanting to play them. I'd be willing to look past it now, but I don't own any of the games, and I don't particularly have a desire to find them.
Might've guessed you'd be one of "those people".

Look, do you like Ocarina of Time?

Wind Waker is a direct sequel to OoT. It has the deepest plotline of any games in the main overarching storyline. By not playing any of the so-called "Toon" games, you're missing out on an extremely worthwhile experience, and one of the best story arcs in the series.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Skyward Sword was honestly very disappointing. The Wii-motion controls worked pretty well but in the end all they did was become a chore. The need for strategic swings looked nice on paper but really hampered the experience. Zelda was never too focused on combat and I don't ever remember anyone complaining as to how it was handled. Another thing I disliked is the small hub-world and the fact there were only three areas to explore. Zelda has always had a sense of exploration and here it felt really linear and there was honestly not a lot to offer. They even go so far to simply put the later dungeons in the same place. On top of that, you had to go through an annoying stealth trial section that made no goddamn sense. There were a lot of ideas but some simply weren't needed or some weren't fleshed out. The Sky really just turned out to be really boring and useless, only meant to get to point A and B. Even the extra islands you could find didn't really have much, just silly mini games. The new item system was also something I wanted to like but just turned out to be pretty damn useless. Upgrading equipment monster-hunter like had me excited but I hardly ever used it. Upgrading really didn't have much of a point and you could be perfectly fine without upgrading at all. It's not all gloom and doom though, and I think SS did some things right. I ****ing loved the new stamina system and being able to run, the dungeons were fantastic and thought-out, and Groose was an excellent character.

#HBC | ѕoup

3D Zelda
OoT > WW = MM > TP > SS

2D Zelda
LttP > Link's Awakening > Seasons/Ages > Minish Cap > Zelda II > Zelda

Haven't played Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
aight it seems i have revived dgames social, turning it into a zelda opinions thread. i'm ok with this.

ocarina of time is literally the high point of all zeldas ever, though. jussayin'

i don't even need to have played all zeldas to know this... its just... truth.

i am just gonna go whistle the lost woods theme to myself, see you around

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think the best you can do is search for a user and check this thread only. That's all I can find.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Skyward Sword was honestly very disappointing. The Wii-motion controls worked pretty well but in the end all they did was become a chore. The need for strategic swings looked nice on paper but really hampered the experience. Zelda was never too focused on combat and I don't ever remember anyone complaining as to how it was handled. Another thing I disliked is the small hub-world and the fact there were only three areas to explore. Zelda has always had a sense of exploration and here it felt really linear and there was honestly not a lot to offer. They even go so far to simply put the later dungeons in the same place. On top of that, you had to go through an annoying stealth trial section that made no goddamn sense. There were a lot of ideas but some simply weren't needed or some weren't fleshed out. The Sky really just turned out to be really boring and useless, only meant to get to point A and B. Even the extra islands you could find didn't really have much, just silly mini games. The new item system was also something I wanted to like but just turned out to be pretty damn useless. Upgrading equipment monster-hunter like had me excited but I hardly ever used it. Upgrading really didn't have much of a point and you could be perfectly fine without upgrading at all. It's not all gloom and doom though, and I think SS did some things right. I ****ing loved the new stamina system and being able to run, the dungeons were fantastic and thought-out, and Groose was an excellent character.

Soup, when are we just gonna **** already?

July

Smash Apprentice
For my religious studies class, so far we've watched Dogma and a few episodes of the Simpsons. Next week our assignments are to watch a couple episodes of Supernatural, Bleach, and Death Note.

Life is good.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
aight it seems i have revived dgames social, turning it into a zelda opinions thread. i'm ok with this.

ocarina of time is literally the high point of all zeldas ever, though. jussayin'

i don't even need to have played all zeldas to know this... its just... truth.
Vote: Kary

i am just gonna go whistle the lost woods theme to myself, see you around

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
there is so much wrong with this why do i have to read this first thing i do when i come back in this thread

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
3D Zelda
WW = SS = MM > TP > OoT

2D Zelda
Zelda = Seasons/Ages = Awakening > LttP > Minish Cap > Zelda 2

Ragequit Tracks and the other one.

get@me

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've never played WW or SS, but I doubt they're better than OoT. TP is definitely not better than OoT. MM is the best one tho, you got that right.

For the 2D ones, I'd prolly put original Zelda below LttP, but I do like Awakening best. I haven't played any of the others.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
TP is definitely better than OoT in terms of game design. It was piss-easy, sure, but the pacing, travel, characters, graphics, music, to name a few, were all better.

I have a personal dislike for aLttP. Never quite got to enjoy it, it just had no character, which is something OoT lacks too.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't have any nostalgic foundation to support a love of original zelda. It's certainly not a bad game, but it's not so fantastic either. LttP was actually my first zelda game, and even though I look back and don't think it's that great, it's certainly not bad. Awakening has a lot of character to it though. It's basically original Zelda with a more fun world.

Kinda funny that my favorite zelda games are the ones that don't take place in Hyrule.

#HBC | ѕoup

TP is definitely better than OoT in terms of game design.
What the **** am I reading. OoT's game design is ****ing legendary. It's literally acclaimed as one the greatest designed games of all time. Of all ****ing time. You literally are trying to hold a candle to a game that has not only the highest metacritic score, but a game that defined a ****ing era. TP was literally designed to try and encapsulate the same feeling OoT had, and it simply failed. That's not saying it's not a great game, but it's not OoT. Nothing will ever come close to OoT, ever.

#HBC | ѕoup

You've got three horrid errors. Otherwise you're good. What do you have against Zelda other than a hipster opinion on Zelda II?
I dunno. Mostly preference. It's not a landslide victory for either but I prefer II because I really liked the gameplay. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't tried to do the same in any other games.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I like the direction that this thread in taking.

Also can't believe I forgot but I also completed TP. It was pretty good.

@Xonar: What did you like about TP's graphics and travel? IMHO the travel was the weakest part of TP, and the graphics were good, but not phenomenal. I think you might be thinking of the art direction, not the actual graphics themselves.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What the **** am I reading. OoT's game design is ****ing legendary. It's literally acclaimed as one the greatest designed games of all time. Of all ****ing time. You literally are trying to hold a candle to a game that has not only the highest metacritic score, but a game that defined a ****ing era. TP was literally designed to try and encapsulate the same feeling OoT had, and it simply failed. That's not saying it's not a great game, but it's not OoT. Nothing will ever come close to OoT, ever.
Except MM was better tho.

I feel like OoT is the definitive version of the "Link is the hero of Hyrule, and he must defeat Ganon to save it" story. But if you wanna compare Hyrule to Termina, Termina is gonna win every time. I wouldn't wanna live in Hyrule, but I'd live in Termina, because by the time you finish the game, you have a lot of friends there. Link gets to know the people, and it gives him a reason to save the world. Link rarely has much reason to protect Hyrule, outside of Zelda asking him to, or it just being the right thing to do. They try to shoehorn in one or two characters that are "link's friends" in all the games, but they didn't do that in Majora's. He's a stranger in that world, and over the course of the game, he actually has to make all his friends. And he does, because you're doing it. That brings the player into Link's head so much better than "Hey link, it's me, your best friend Saria! You should come meet me in the lost woods because we're BFFs 4ever k?"

#HBC | ѕoup

I feel like OoT is the definitive version of the "Link is the hero of Hyrule, and he must defeat Ganon to save it" story. But if you wanna compare Hyrule to Termina, Termina is gonna win every time. I wouldn't wanna live in Hyrule, but I'd live in Termina, because by the time you finish the game, you have a lot of friends there. Link gets to know the people, and it gives him a reason to save the world. Link rarely has much reason to protect Hyrule, outside of Zelda asking him to, or it just being the right thing to do. They try to shoehorn in one or two characters that are "link's friends" in all the games, but they didn't do that in Majora's. He's a stranger in that world, and over the course of the game, he actually has to make all his friends. And he does, because you're doing it. That brings the player into Link's head so much better than "Hey link, it's me, your best friend Saria! You should come meet me in the lost woods because we're BFFs 4ever k?"
I agree completely. I'm not sure why you feel it's better though, despite the dungeons not nearly being as good. The masks were a very welcome change and I loved that though.

Hub world in majora's and aesthetics > Hub world in OoT and aesthetics

#HBC | ѕoup

****, I wanna play OoT and Majora's now. Good thing I have both on VC.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think you're just talking about how innovative OoT was in being able to bring the 2D Zelda series in to a 3D world, and make it work so damn well. That doesn't make it the best game, it just makes it the first game. It was innovative, but it's not like other games didn't all do the same thing after it.

Top Bottom