• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What is up with all the ****in wavedashing around this place? It's like some horse**** melee circlejerk.

oh wait that's this site

//rimshot

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I did like TP better than SS.

I actually liked the Silent realms, though. Could you explain how it was an anti-thesis to what people enjoy about Zelda games?

I also hated flying.

I also hated the atmosphere. Too... carnival... like. I don't know. It just really reminds me of the sky dungeon/areas in TP.

Also, Link was femine as ****. Even July can attest to this. She's like... wtf... lol.

Also the villain dude was weak as ****.
Things I think of when I think about what I like about Zelda (which happens ALL THE TIME, GUYS).

Puzzles
Exploration
Neat toys
Well told (if simplistic) story

The silent realms buck each of these elements. There's obviously no exploration, because you're always confined to one area that you have already visited and thoroughly traversed to complete them. All of your gear is taken away, including your sword. They do nothing to advance the story in a meaningful way; yes, you have to do them to level up Link's hero-ness or whatever to make him worthy of the Master Sword, but they could have been done away with in a keystroke and the plot wouldn't have missed them. The only thing that can be partially argued is that they count as their own kinds of puzzles, but they're the worst kind: timed missions that you can only solve through trial and error. At least if you come to a block in a dungeon, you have time and equipment and you can just sit there and figure out what you're supposed to do with it. In the silent realms, you basically just have to run through them, going after whichever light orbs you can see immediately around you until you've got a pattern down for acquiring them all. They almost require multiple play throughs. It's just frustrating and time consuming for no reason. Why am I doing this when I could be finding maps and slaying bokoblins and mowing grass with my sword?

Gah.

But I guess maybe not everyone else hated that as much as I did.

I thought the atmosphere was fine. I tend to prefer the games with a darker tone, but I consider the franchise's eclecticism on this front one of its biggest strengths. It would be boring if every iteration felt like Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask.

Flying sucked, but mostly just because the game makes you do stupid stuff while you're flying, like that fight for the idol or whatever it was in the beginning. Just traversing on the bird was no worse than sailing or riding Epona in my view. Although I generally dislike the "World 1-1" feeling that it gave Hyrule.

I like Link's design in Skyward Sword. Link wore tights in Ocarina; he has been in touch with his feminine side for a while (or I guess he gets in touch with it later, chronologically. And considering Shiek, we might just be able to assume that Ocarina of Time is the most progressive era of Hyrule when it comes to gender norms).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
On the subject of April Fool's Day, Youtube has a doozie.

Telling everyone that Youtube has just been a big contest all these years, and tonight they are going to watch everyone's "submissions", and pick the best video on Youtube! The day has finally come guys!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No I know it's April fools I meant what makes the censors trigger

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm already mad over this year's April Fool's Day because I jumped the gun and fell for Operation Rainfall's joke.

I really wanted a Catherine 2. Freaking AFD.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Some people probably do feel that way. But there are also others who view it not only as a rival to Ocarina of Time, but a superior game on just about every core level. And that's just not at all Raven with me.
ugh. i don't even want to click that.

it's like you want to make me more cynical, Circus. why would you do that?

yeah it's not cool with me.

But then again, apparently I'm one of the few people who actually really liked Twilight Princess, wolf transformation notwithstanding. So what do I know?
I could not play TP. After about five minutes plodding around in the iron boots, I just screamed 'who playtested this? do they understand fun?' and gave up on it. I guess i'm saying I found it frustrating, but i'll admit i've not given it a fair evaluation.

I also hated flying.
amen
Also, Link was femine as ****. Even July can attest to this. She's like... wtf... lol.
I didn't even notice.
Also the villain dude was weak as ****.
I disagree? I thought Ghirahim was cool, although his last set of scenes with the transformation and stuff could've been cooler. Idk I thought he was a believeable villain and kinda fit the archetype of the triforce of power (really arrogant, and hard to kill)

so much fun talkin' zelda

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I haven't finished any other 3D Zelda game besides WW and in my valid opinion it's the best.

It has the best Ganondorf, what else do you need?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's because it's Majora's Wrath and Ganondorf would be nothing but a broken victim of tentacle **** if they fought. (Ganon might stand a better chance tho)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
That's because it's Majora's Wrath and Ganondorf would be nothing but a broken victim of tentacle **** if they fought. (Ganon might stand a better chance tho)
Hmmm, Ganondorf vs. Majora's Wrath? I've only seen video's of MM, so I couldn't really comment on rather Ganondorf would be turned into a tentacle **** victim or not.

Nah but seriously. The real reason I think WW Ganondorf is the best Ganondorf is not because of how "cool" he looks or anything like that, but because I find him to be the most well developed Ganondorf of them all. Too often Ganondorf is just some big bad final boss evil guy who wants TAKE OVER THE WORLD! WW Ganondorf was actually like, a character though, with a personality and sympathetic motives. He was poetic and tragic and I loved him for it.

That's not to say that I just like that. Puppet Ganon I thought was a very cool/slightly eerie boss and the final sword fight with Ganondorf was cool to (if not a tad bit easy).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, I completely agree on those points.

WW Ganon is definitely the best Ganon I've experienced.

I'm just a Majora's Mask fanboy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Skyward Sword is the best Legend of Zelda.

Ocarina has charm for it's time but age is catching up on it, 3DS version gave it a nice tune up. Still a good game either version but I still don't like the fanboys who bearhug this game and refuse to think anything else is better than it.

Majora's has a lot more lasting value than Ocarina and probs is a much better contender for best LoZ.

Still working on WW so idk how I feel about that still.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've never played any of the zelda games where "Toon Link" was the star. I despise the artstyle of those games, and was immediately turned off from ever wanting to play them. I'd be willing to look past it now, but I don't own any of the games, and I don't particularly have a desire to find them.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Skyward Sword is the best Legend of Zelda.

Ocarina has charm for it's time but age is catching up on it, 3DS version gave it a nice tune up. Still a good game either version but I still don't like the fanboys who bearhug this game and refuse to think anything else is better than it.

Majora's has a lot more lasting value than Ocarina and probs is a much better contender for best LoZ.

Still working on WW so idk how I feel about that still.

Just kidding, opinions are awesome.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've never played any of the zelda games where "Toon Link" was the star. I despise the artstyle of those games, and was immediately turned off from ever wanting to play them. I'd be willing to look past it now, but I don't own any of the games, and I don't particularly have a desire to find them.
I was like this when Wind Waker first came out. But I was in middle school and thought Linkin Park was awesome, so I mean....

It's a good thing they're putting out that Wii U Wind Waker remake soon. Grab that ****.

Top Bottom