• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Rake don't ever say honor for all that ruins the honor system

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I'll be on League all today till 1 am my time Ryu. :D.

So if your around we can have some good times :D.

@BSL: I meant in the sense that I was going to honor everyone (specifically on my team) , not that everyone should en mass honor everyone lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No point in saying it and it carries the wrong connotation. Assuming you don't actually quit, don't mention honor in game unless you're specifically telling one person you're honoring them. Even then it might be out of place.

I personally report anyone who says "honor for all" in post game for spamming.

There's also the fact that there's nearly no possible way all 4 other people deserved honor there. Considering you're here complaining about them...

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Actually i was complaining about a separate game that went decidedly not the same as that one lol.

That probably wasn't clear though, so that's my bad.

The swain thing was more of an aside point that not all games are like the one I described initially, and that's what keeps me around in addition to League being entirely too much fun.

it's a see-saw lol.

But I do see your point wrt the honor thing, so i will keep that in mind.

As an aside to that aside, I need to play more ranked games. Seems like normals are moreso where I experience the side that makes me not understand League anymore lol

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For those who haven't heard of it yet, I'd like to share with you a match that exemplifies what makes the world of VGCW (Video Game Championship Wrestling) so dear to our hearts.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That was a pretty awesome video. Not the sort of thing that I'd watch over and over, but interesting and funny. The chat stream really makes it as well. Work that knee!

Also, talking about league has me watching matches on youtube again. Maybe one of these days i'll actually get into league. I'd like to just play it casually, for laughs, but it always struck me as something you have to put a lot of work into/spend a lot of time learning.

Also I finished skyward sword for anyone who cares. It was okay. I felt it was too linear, and while it had a few cool ideas for the series (like upgrades to equipment, and the silent realm challenges) they didn't end up being as enjoyable as they looked at first. Oh, and a lot of the items were boring. 7/10.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I totally agree. The highest item on the item chain was the Bow. Wow. Typical.

Oh and then the last dungeon... I'm like "Ok, hype last item what is it... :D"

"Mole mitts... >_> Seriously."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I mean don't get me wrong. The Titan's gloves were awesome to me because they were of use to me!

But the Mole mitts... >_> They seem like they were put in last minute. I only recently started seeing those holes. Meh.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
zelda skyward sword item spoilers

my problem with most of the items was that they were extremely limited in the ways you could use them. So yeah, mole mitts just allows you to burrow in certain holes; that's it. Clawshots lets you claw to targets/vines. Whip is basically good for certain switches and for when you see a specific type of horizontal beam. Let's not mention that one item.

At least with the bow you get something you can use in combat, and it's actually good.

So yeah, let down by the items. Mole mitts were sweet in Minish Cap, where not only were they like a shovel, they let you burrow horrizontally through whole sections of dungeons/countryside. In Skyward sword they just let you do a kinda limited maze-style thing. I swear, the most I got excited about an item in SS was when I realized the fireshield earrings also doused you when you caught fire (because added value= sweet).

I mean, if only they'd made the clawshots do something in combat... *sigh*

Now I think about it, I guess it's just a balance between how sweet an item is to use (say the bow is cool for this), and how many different things you can use that item for. I felt basically all the SS items failed on at least one of these points. Even bug net gets boring after a while :/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
When in the desert mines, I was hoping to get an item to switch the times... but nope. I get this DUST THING SERIOUSLUYAl;fjasd;fljsadfk;lasjdfds;lfj *cough cough all this dust coughhh*

I got no problems with the Bow. It's just, it's not creative. I think you get it pretty late, and I think it's pretty hyped up too. FOR THE BOW. Come on. It's like they know it's a really good item and for combat, so they don't do anything better than that and hype you up for the damn bow. Cuz it is indeed good.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I have nothing against the bow, I think link basically has to have a bow. But look at skyward sword bow... only one type of arrow. basically only used for certain hard-to-reach switches, and against a couple of enemy types. And there wasn't any bow-whilst moving (like on a conveyer or anything) that I remember :/

the bamboo game I didnt really like because i couldnt figure the trick to it, and the guy kept calling my sword weedy. then i got a sweet sword and figured out how to do it and was like 'so now i'm good at it, what's the loot? oh treasure I don't need' :/

OH and the harp was ****. The way the wind waker worked would've been perfect for how to do an instrument on the wii, and instead you get 'wave the controller around exactly the same for each song'. Also all the songs sounded the same to me. So many zelda grumps right now.

I could literally have conversations like this for hours.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree he should have one, but it shouldn't be the MAIN point of the items list. :O I mean I like the bow. It just seemed like recycled though. Just saying as in the overall list of items kind of way. It's fine by itself.

I only liked the Bamboo song, and the guy. Lol. I didn't really care for the game really. But I tried it anyways. In fact he reminds me of the shop guy who you can bet/gamble and possibly when money!

Yet you are still here. :cool:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They basically hide spoilers. So let's say you are making a WALL of information, but don't want it to stretch the thread.

STUFF PEANUTS CREAM CHEESE BAMBOOS

You put alot of info there and people can read it all but it won't stretch the thread permanently. That way it's not an annoyance. Yet sometimes when it comes to mafia I don't use them all the time because I would sometimes want the wall to be permanent so people don't miss it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That's sounds more of a fact than an opinion. If it's gonna be a wall, it should stay uncollapsed sine it's a part of the game, and players would be missing out if they just decide not to read the whole thing. I mean yeah, it's ****ing painful to read while scrolling down continuously, but that's just that.

Although, I would more likely prefer that they just make it shorter by summarizing, aka: tl;dr.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's sounds more of a fact than an opinion. If it's gonna be a wall, it should stay uncollapsed sine it's a part of the game, and players would be missing out if they just decide not to read the whole thing. I mean yeah, it's ****ing painful to read while scrolling down continuously, but that's just that.

Although, I would more likely prefer that they just make it shorter by summarizing, aka: tl;dr.
You're dumb. I can read it once and then not have to scroll through it because I didn't uncollapse the spoiler.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Skyward Sword as a whole is overrated.

Idk. I had always thought people saw it as 'finally, a Zelda that is good again' rather than 'OMG THE BEST'.

There were some things that it did right (I thought the story, particularly around the supporting cast Groose/Impa was good), but I think overall the ideas were better than the execution.
Still, you get to chat up the girl at the item check. This amused me no end.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Idk. I had always thought people saw it as 'finally, a Zelda that is good again' rather than 'OMG THE BEST'.

There were some things that it did right (I thought the story, particularly around the supporting cast Groose/Impa was good), but I think overall the ideas were better than the execution.
Still, you get to chat up the girl at the item check. This amused me no end.
Some people probably do feel that way. But there are also others who view it not only as a rival to Ocarina of Time, but a superior game on just about every core level. And that's just not at all Raven with me.

There are plenty of things Skyward Sword does well. In fact, I would say the my favorite element of a modern day Zelda game (the puzzles), is handled expertly. But I also think it makes several critical missteps (did none of the developers realize that the silent realms are the exact antithesis of what people enjoy about Zelda games?) that a lot of people tend to gloss over because the game itself had been hyped as "potentially the best game since OoT aka an orgasm in a box!"

But then again, apparently I'm one of the few people who actually really liked Twilight Princess, wolf transformation notwithstanding. So what do I know?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, I'm actually listening to this.

Baiting Nabe into liking another one of my posts, as if he needs a reason.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So I'm beginning to see examples of this year's April Fool's prank.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Some people probably do feel that way. But there are also others who view it not only as a rival to Ocarina of wavedash, but a superior game on just about every core level. And that's just not at all Raven with me.

There are plenty of things Skyward Sword does well. In wavedash, I would say the my favorite element of a modern day Zelda game (the puzzles), is handled expertly. But I also wavedash it makes several critical missteps (did none of the developers realize that the silent realms are the exact antithesis of what people enjoy about Zelda games?) that a lot of people tend to gloss over because the game itself had been hyped as "potentially the best game since OoT aka an orgasm in a box!"

But then again, apparently I'm one of the few people who actually really liked Twilight Princess, wolf transformation notwithstanding. So what do I know?
I did like TP better than SS.

I actually liked the Silent realms, though. Could you explain how it was an anti-thesis to what people enjoy about Zelda games?

I also hated flying.

I also hated the atmosphere. Too... carnival... like. I don't know. It just really reminds me of the sky dungeon/areas in TP.

Also, Link was femine as ****. Even July can attest to this. She's like... wtf... lol.

Also the villain dude was weak as ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Seriously I shaked the wii mote so hard trying to fly I was like wtf

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
thin k ques tion ti me

those are a few words that get ****ed up

think time question

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We should all join the large since summer is coming soon and we all get guns and ****.

Top Bottom