• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I agree completely. I'm not sure why you feel it's better though, despite the dungeons not nearly being as good. The masks were a very welcome change and I loved that though.

Hub world in majora's and aesthetics > Hub world in OoT and aesthetics
You completely agree with why I think it's better, but you don't understand why that makes it better? I dunno what to tell you man, the whole MM experience is just a lot more enjoyable than OoT for those reasons. I enjoy it more, ergo, it's a better game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
In the end, it's all subjective. It's not like I'm giving you mean looks across the room because we don't see things similarly.

It's kinda like how I feel about Persona. I liked P4 more than P3. Some people will disagree, some will agree.

Ah, internet debate.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
It had such an impact because of it's gameplay.
It had such an impact because it was successful at being LttP in 3D.
Then they made three sequels and a prequel and they were all as good or better :bee:

It's kinda like how I feel about Persona. I liked P4 more than P3. Some people will disagree, some will agree.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I am not, KevM, but my initial impression is that I like them.

Uh, it's complicated, though. I feel like they are in danger of falling into generic angsty pop-punk :/

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What the **** am I reading. OoT's game design is ****ing legendary. It's literally acclaimed as one the greatest designed games of all time. Of all ****ing time. You literally are trying to hold a candle to a game that has not only the highest metacritic score, but a game that defined a ****ing era. TP was literally designed to try and encapsulate the same feeling OoT had, and it simply failed. That's not saying it's not a great game, but it's not OoT. Nothing will ever come close to OoT, ever.
lol youre ********

OoT was good for it's time. It has aged horribly.

@Xonar: What did you like about TP's graphics and travel? IMHO the travel was the weakest part of TP, and the graphics were good, but not phenomenal. I think you might be thinking of the art direction, not the actual graphics themselves.
Nah. TP's art direction was good, but the graphics were definitely better than OoT.

Travel in TP was good because you could choose between taking the scenic route and teleporting.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Nah. TP's art direction was good, but the graphics were definitely better than OoT.
Well okay, sure. But this is kinda like arguing that any movie made within the last 50 years is part better than Citizen Kane because Citizen Kane was only shot in black & white. Is it really fair to use graphics as a criteria when that puts OoT at a disadvantage it couldn't possibly overcome (honest question)?

Also what's your sig? I can't stop looking at it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm playing OoT right now and I can say that it hasn't 'aged' at all. It's just as fun as it was when I played it back then.

Your loss.

Man what kind of stupid argument is 'it has aged'? You want something made in 1999 to be like something made in 2013? That's a ridiculous comparison and it holds no weight at all.

#HBC | ѕoup

"man super mario bros. has aged horribly mario looks like **** there is no character development and little story the game is linear and the gameplay is boring not to mention the artificial difficulty **** game 0/10"

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
OoT has not aged horribly. At all.

and wtf, travel in TP is better than OoT because you have the option to walk or teleport? I must have played a different version of OoT because I remember being able to teleport.

Hint: I didn't play a different version

#HBC | ѕoup

Farore's Wind, and the songs you learn to teleport to certain dungeons. Xonar never finished OoT.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
lol, I know. I only played TP once (cuz I borrowed it), but I've played OoT like 4 or 5 times (cuz I still own my working 64 and cartridge.) I know the game pretty well.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well okay, sure. But this is kinda like arguing that any movie made within the last 50 years is part better than Citizen Kane because Citizen Kane was only shot in black & white. Is it really fair to use graphics as a criteria when that puts OoT at a disadvantage it couldn't possibly overcome (honest question)?

Also what's your sig? I can't stop looking at it.
It is fair. You hold two pieces to the same criteria. How is that unfair?

I'm playing OoT right now and I can say that it hasn't 'aged' at all. It's just as fun as it was when I played it back then.

Your loss.

Man what kind of stupid argument is 'it has aged'? You want something made in 1999 to be like something made in 2013? That's a ridiculous comparison and it holds no weight at all.
Hurdur no you're ********. If you don't hold them to the same standards then you're subjective. Eat one.

Also, at the teleporting towards the far end of the game is so gonna help me from traveling ****loads the first 70%.

#HBC | ѕoup

How can you possibly hold them to the same standards if technology and gameplay was different back then?

It is you, who is the ******.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Because if you don't you become subjective you ****face. It's not being ******** it's called "objective".

Like, what the ****, do you even know what you're talking about?

#HBC | ѕoup

What are you trying to attain by bringing out your book of lingo 101 to try and solidify your point? There is no way to look at something like this in an objective point of view. In order to look at something objective, you have to state facts. What facts do you bring to your argument? What undeniable proof is there that you are right, and that I am wrong?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What are you trying to attain by bringing out your book of lingo 101 to try and solidify your point? There is no way to look at something like this in an objective point of view. In order to look at something objective, you have to state facts. What facts do you bring to your argument? What undeniable proof is there that you are right, and that I am wrong?
I can pretty definitively say that TP's graphics are better than OoT's.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can pretty definitively say that TP's graphics are better than OoT's.
So talk about OoT 3D, then?

I agree on your conclusion, but I'm hard-pressed to agree with handi-capping a game for being old. I don't really see why you wouldn't look at the games in context.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You can look at context, sure, but if you're saying that even compared to games of now, OoT is better, then wgat. If you want to compare it and give it an advantage because of time-frame, then I can see where you're coming from.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You can look at context, sure, but if you're saying that even compared to games of now, OoT is better, then wgat. If you want to compare it and give it an advantage because of time-frame, then I can see where you're coming from.
My point was graphics should be a temporal comparison based on the limitations of the technology of the time. It's not fair to **** on OoT for not looking as good as the other games because it was released on the N64 and was pretty revolutionary for the time. If you don't want to give it that leniency, at least go by the most recent version (OoT 3D) when judging graphics.

That applies somewhat to gameplay, but less so to art style, music, theming, etc. And yeah, it is subjective.

Speaking of which, do you apply such considerations to Majora's, which recycles a lot of models from OoT? Or does that make points up in that category by virtue of the new content it brought.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've always been more partial to the MegaMan X series. I did have a bunch of MegaMan games for the NES, but it was so long ago that I don't remember a ton about them, and my NES broke so long ago that I've never gone back to revisit them. I know I enjoyed MegaMan just fine, but I do not have fond memories.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have only played the Megaman ZX Advent games. I also loved the Megaman battlenetwork games. :3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Graphics shouldn't be a factor to begin with unless they straight-up ruin the experience [which I myself have never actually seen happen].

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
My point was graphics should be a temporal comparison based on the limitations of the technology of the time. It's not fair to **** on OoT for not looking as good as the other games because it was released on the N64 and was pretty revolutionary for the time. If you don't want to give it that leniency, at least go by the most recent version (OoT 3D) when judging graphics.

That applies somewhat to gameplay, but less so to art style, music, theming, etc. And yeah, it is subjective.

Speaking of which, do you apply such considerations to Majora's, which recycles a lot of models from OoT? Or does that make points up in that category by virtue of the new content it brought.
The character models are actually noticeably sharper in MM than in OoT. It's not a vast difference, but it's something I noticed the moment I started playing it. Play the games back to back, you'll notice it.

#HBC | ѕoup

THERE IS CLEARLY A POINT WE HAVE PASSED AND WE HAVE BECOME EXCEEDINGLY EFFICIENT AT IT

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Majora's an entirely different game in my opinion. If you're gonna consider timeframe when looking at graphics, Majora's only 1 year later than OoT soooo that's not that biggadeal.

Edit: about MM being so high up. It was great in terms of story, themes, design, pacing, wow-moments, etc etc. It was just great.

Top Bottom