• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
V/LA for holiday vacations, I'll take my laptop so whenever I can find a wifi hotspot I'll post from there, just that I'm not gonna be 24/7 on this site for some time lol.
Happy holidays everyone :)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
ugh, can't post the picture cuz the website is censored, but it was a funny ad shaming hunters or something. I show it to Rockin.

RockinTH (12:41:11 AM): lulz
FrozenFarce (12:43:02 AM): wait
FrozenFarce (12:43:03 AM): ROCKIN
FrozenFarce (12:43:05 AM): WAS THAT YOOOOU?
RockinTH (12:43:56 AM): NO IT WASN'T! D:
FrozenFarce (12:44:34 AM): lul
FrozenFarce (12:44:40 AM): wait yeah if it was you you'd be like
FrozenFarce (12:44:49 AM): oh shame on you hunters... with your big muscly arms... mmmm....
RockinTH (12:47:20 AM): >:
RockinTH (12:47:25 AM): I'm straight lol
FrozenFarce (12:50:24 AM): Hunters can be female, Rockin!
FrozenFarce (12:50:28 AM): SOMEBODY'S got man on the brain
RockinTH (12:51:03 AM): FrozenFarce: oh shame on you hunters... with your big muscly arms... mmmm....
RockinTH (12:51:27 AM): well it's hard to consider female hunters with posts like this lol
FrozenFarce (12:51:57 AM): you're seeing what you want to see
RockinTH (12:52:11 AM): pfft

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
in other news, pfft is now the noise rockin makes when he... you know....

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll be V/LA starting tomorrow.

I will be able to make small posts though, but I have to wait with fixing my keyboard first. Right now I am on an alternative computer >_>

Handorin

Smash Hero
Recipients: Eor, Handorin, McFox, Mr.Lombardi34, Omis

I told Tom about it, and he said he got it 3 times. Once on here and once on mafiascum. (That's 2?)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I got the thing about spies too... Think I got one about the last version when it started like almost a year ago too. Seems like someone just came into the forum and invited all the DGames peopleO.o

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i got it on two different accounts on ms and once here.

he probably just googled mafia and im sure dgames is a common hit, and then he just looked at the names in some current games

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Same

On a serious note

Am I the only one that feels like Dgames is regressing some times.

Not the level of activity, it's super high, but the level of play.

A lot of players seem rather content to play the

"_____'s dead yet"

game while never pushing cases, idk it's half the reason i've just stopped /in-ing new games and just playing at ms.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't mind as long as said person is still actively playing/scumhunting. I hate it when people do it to avoid prods though.

:059:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That's what I mean though.

In the last three or four games I've played in it feels like the games fill up super fast remain rather inactive except for the occasional jabs and take a while to start.

Mainly I'm opening up the discussion to if we think there are merely to many games going on for people to remain active in all of them or is it just a regression in the style of SWF play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree that there should be stricter regulations in regards of the number of games running at once. At one point there were 8 at once - way too much imo. Personally I think it'd be best if only 1 big, 2 small and maybe a private special thing (like Vengueful or BIM) were allowed to be hosted at the same time. We need more small games too - like between 7 and 10 players.

:059:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't think it's a problem with the amount of games running. It was said by someone b4 in the signup thread (I forget who), but as soon as a game fills up and starts another one should start signups right away. It's up to the players to know if they have taken on too many games at once. We need to also hold more noob mafias and somewhat advertise it out there around the boards to get more ppl in (though I'm def seeing some new faces as it is) then they will naturally go onto normal games.

But I know exactly what Kevin means, I really think it's just a regression of SWF play. It's getting kind of lame tbqh. MS is annoying in some ways as well. I personally don't like their logic on everything compared to here. I feel that theres a good handful of top players (such as Tom and Kevin) here that have for the most part been able to teach a lot of others. People are lame though here in creating their own play styles and instead just copying everyone just like as Kevin said everyone keeps going for the "_____'s dead yet?" line.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Honestly, I feel like the drop in attention payed to these games corresponds to the number of games a lot of people are in. I'm sure there are some people who can be in a lot of games and maintain their level of play in all of them, but I suspect that a lot of people have been joining more games than they can handle lately.

I know my own ability to play multiple mafia games simultaneously isn't very good. Two is really my absolute limit. I just can't maintain interest in more than two games at a time.

I'm not sure what can be done about it, but I think it would be good if something was changed. In my opinion, it's a problem that needs addressing.

I like being an enigma.
There's a word for what you are.

It's not enigma.

EDIT: Realized this came off as way meaner than I meant it to be. I just don't like your playstyle.

Ronike

Smash Ace
It's less of a regression, more of noobs seeing one of the vets throwing around "is blank dead yet?" as pressure and don't understand how to do I correctly.

As for the game numbers, that's another problem: people need to stop being idiots and only sign up for as
many games as they can handle. If you're not sure, two is a good amount. I like being able to in a new game when I die (and am staying dead) but too many people are spreading themselves too thin.

Also, people need to not talk when they are dead unless the mod specifically says dead is dead. Certain roles use dead people, and mods are limited to not using these cause the dead swf players can't keep their mouthes shut. Seriously guys.

So yeah, theres my rant of the day

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I love Rockin. :3

You keep saying that and people is going to think YOU'RE gay XDD

Now then, at the topic at hand that wasn't presented by chaco

It would be good if a number of players limit themselves a bit from other games, so as to save the stress of the mod for looking for another player to replace them.I understand others like to play Mafia games, but it doesn't help the mod or other players if you're constantly inactive

as far as playstyle goes, I understand there are those that there's some that can't be easily agreed. hell, I'm unsure if anyone likes my playstyle (do I even have one? XD).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you think a player is not good, make it your own job to make that player better at mafia. If you're playing in a game with them and you think they are not playing well, then force their hand. Dog them make them thoroughly come up with their own suspicions.

I don't think it is the number of games being played. If you do think that it is, I challenge you to find a player (or two, or three) that you think fall into this category of "not as good as we used to be," and then find how many games they are currently playing, and how they are playing in those games. I think you will find that the number of games being played isn't the problem. I just... don't know what the root problem is.

I attribute the large numbers of games currently being played to an influx of players after Newbies 1-3, a greater desire to design our own games, and a blossoming community. I don't attribute any lack of skill or overall dip in coherent scumhunting to the large number of games.

Mediocre made a true and pertinent point about knowing your own limits, and while that's important, I don't think it applies as much as you all think it does! There are some players who will play only one game at a time and still exhibit poor play.

In my opinion, one of the best players on this site is Marc. I enjoy talking to him about Mafia because he is always on point and right when it comes to the problems factions are facing in specific games. Most notably and recurring is when a town does not play with a sense of urgency. A sense of urgency. The active, important, DESIRE to find the scum, not just through slow process of elimination, but through interrogation and discussion. It is not simply responding to players questions. It is not even simply finding a small something that a player said and pushing them about it. It is pushing a player first, to see if they make those small somethings. It is taking the game in your own hands, grabbing it by the neck and shaking it until it screams, and then deciding if that sounded like a scummy scream. It is posting every single day. It is wanting to lynch well before the deadline hits, and seeing a deadline scramble as a failure. It is not relying on what other people say to create discussion, but clearing your own path through discussion while being sure to participate in the paths that everyone else makes. It is commenting on everything that you find important and being aware enough not to be tricked into taking the wrong things seriously.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah Kev, I don't really see it as any kind of regression in established players. Like Tom said, we've got a lot of new players who see vets throwing around that phrase specifically (along with others) and think it's the thing to do.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Talk to the people that you think are not good, and tell them what they should do better.

Do you think we should have a critique thread? I do not want any hurt feelings (this is something sort of new (since AIM mafia and Wonderland and Newbie 3... but I recently really believe that aggressive play does not need anything to do with aggressive attitude or language and I'm trying my best recently to be a nicer player. And I think it has made me a better player), so maybe it should be something like "here are the games that I have completed recently, please look through them and critique my play." A sort of volunteer roasting to become a better player.

Or we could do it in this thread. We probably should do it in this thread. I really enjoy it when people critique my play because it makes me better. I think we all would benefit from it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No but my point isn't making a hassle of the playstyle, I feel that literally at this point is what games devolve into.

*shrugs* Maybe it's an over simplification but oh well.

Top Bottom