• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would love a critique thread, I still feel I have lots of places to improve. Hell Tom do me first so people know whats up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I like the idea of a critique thread, just go in with a nice big disclaimer...if you don't want you feelings hurt, don't ask for critique.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I rather the critique stay in here, so as to avoid the forum be cluttered up. In anycase, I wouldn't mind one of these things to exist (I've been dying to wonder how I do in these games, cause it feels like I havn't improved at all)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So many players on SWF act so freicken scummy in all of their games regardless of their alignment. It's almost like a huge metagaming confusion so when they act scummy when they are scum, it's really just them acting the same way as when they are town in other games. I mean sure it helps them out for when they are scum in a way, but it really just hurts town all the time. So few people ever try to act like a legit good townie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So many players on SWF act so freicken scummy in all of their games regardless of their alignment. It's almost like a huge metagaming confusion so when they act scummy when they are scum, it's really just them acting the same way as when they are town in other games. I mean sure it helps them out for when they are scum in a way, but it really just hurts town all the time. So few people ever try to act like a legit good townie.
Mafia Scum and SWF Mafia are very, very different. You have to play them in two completely different styles. I say this, because I can tell you are referring to MS when you mention acting like a legit good townie.

I dunno about everyone else, but I've kind of grown( EXTREMELY) lazy with my games lately.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Xonar how would you define the general playstyle around here, and what do you not like about it?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mhm... often unnecesarily aggresive.

Also, I think that people often start cases, then ignore replies and keep thinking what they think, that's the main reason I dislike the games :/

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
TBQH, the only downside to playing mafia here is the fact that you often get stuck playing with the same people over and over again and it gets stale. Other than that, I like the playstyle here a LOT more than Mafia Scum.

Mafia scum has too many wiki adherents and the like that think they know how to play mafia and have ridiculously scrubby pre-set rules for what defines good townie play. It gets old and frustrating fast.

I feel like we have a much more liberal community here and the play is more "natural" so to speak.

There are also a lot more pretentious douchbags there too. =/

/shrug

Chaco

Never Logs In
We're like one big happy family, we know each other pretty well, and we know when or when not to follow Marshy. :)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Critique would be interesting at the very least. I would enjoy reading that I think.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Mhm... often unnecesarily aggresive.

Also, I think that people often start cases, then ignore replies and keep thinking what they think, that's the main reason I dislike the games :/
I don't quite agree with this.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i think Rockin's was Grammar or Upon

Now it should probably be "said" because he always says "said case" or "said vote" without a specific antecedent. It's just extremely vague.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i think Rockin's was Grammar or Upon

Now it should probably be "said" because he always says "said case" or "said vote" without a specific antecedent. It's just extremely vague.
Marshy suggested 'Upon' cause I always said that on the beginning of some of my sentences (I never noticed, really). However, it was officially declared that 'Grammer' (Tom suggested) should be my name.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You would suggest you want to have a homosexual relationship with me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
endgaming is the stupidest thing in mafia. why does it completely interrupt the game when things could still go on considering roles

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
endgaming is the stupidest thing in mafia. why does it completely interrupt the game when things could still go on considering roles
chibo sempai.... do you even think about some of the things you post before posting them.... this coupled with the other thing you said today i swear someone needs to hold me back....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol what else did i say? i can explain more on endgaming later
cause it pertains to the game im currently in thats ending now

edit: anyway - what if the current situation is:

PGO
vanilla townie
SK

Vanilla townie gets lynched

So then it goes to night, but endgame means the SK wins because its 1v1

However, why wouldn't the night be played out because in that situation then the SK is forced to shoot the PGO and in turn himself be killed giving the town the win instead. i just dont see the logic in that

endgaming should only be for a quick ending of the inevitable

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
lol what else did i say? i can explain more on endgaming later
cause it pertains to the game im currently in thats ending now

edit: anyway - what if the current situation is:

PGO
vanilla townie
SK

Vanilla townie gets lynched

So then it goes to night, but endgame means the SK wins because its 1v1

However, why wouldn't the night be played out because in that situation then the SK is forced to shoot the PGO and in turn himself be killed giving the town the win instead. i just dont see the logic in that

endgaming should only be for a quick ending of the inevitable
I think the logic is that once scum gets even numbers with the town they come out into the open and slaughter everyone in plain daylight.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
but in that situation the townie is bulletproof at night...
and it would be night since the day had just ended from the day lynch

edit: also what if its like at day 1 town vig vs 1 mafia? it should be a tie then imo

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
In that situation Chibo, mafia kill out prioritizes vig kill in most games, so the situation is moot as the mafia kill would count while the vig kill would not.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The thing is chibo, it's just the mechanic. Town's only power is lynching while Mafia works best at night to ambush them (same goes for the sk). In the event of a anti-town facing off against two townies, it's IMPORTANT that a careful decision is made. If a townie was lynched, it wouldn't go into night since that anti-town would just kill him from that said moment. It's not a flavor, special ruling, or whatever. it's just the rules.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Endgaming works differently based on how the game is supposed to be balanced. A LOT of endgaming really is just the simple resolving of the inevitable, but in other cases, endgaming represents the resolution of a game where an anti-town faction has reached their winning level of parity, and not necessarily a state where they would inevitably eliminate everyone else.

Take the Jungle Republic setup for example. The Mafia faction in that game has MANY different scenarios it can create and net a win, NONE of which are scenarios where they would inevitably eliminate all other factions. It's just that it was decided by the creator and people who mod that game that the mafia MUST be giving a win in that scenario, because creating a thorough elimination scenario is MUCH too difficult for the game to be balanced.

I agree, in the scenario I was in at the end of Sleepover, you and I wouldn't have been stuck in stale mate forever, or actually, since I HAD to kill as an SK, you wouldn't ended up killing me, since I was only one time bullet proof. But, Rockin's design made it so once I reached parity with an opposing faction, I would win, because that was a REASONABLE expectation for a one time BP SK to reach for a win condition.

Make sense?

Top Bottom