• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Archive & MVPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ EE: Yeah, I figured that you guys must've had some sort of KILL ****ING EVERYTHING wincon for you to end up just offing me like that. I pretty much had everything going for me when it came to dealing with you guys so that was really the only reason that made sense.

S'ok man, nothin' you can do about that. **** had to be done and I didn't have other options. No hard feelings. =D

Plus you could almost consider it preemptive Karma since I totally failed @ playing your Batman game because I'm bad at time management. Definitely was really dissapointed at myself for having to drop out since that game was pretty **** baller.

Future adventure game to bro out in sounds baller. Evolution woulda been sick >_>

@ Adum: As good as TDA was in SSB:M, I really don't think it would be fair to give an MVP to someone who replaced back into a game after dying, let alone someone who replaced back into a game as the ******* mod scum mason-who's-partner-was-told-he-was-a-mod-confirmed-townie after dying as town with two lives. =/

In fact, I really don't think anyone who replaces back into a game they already died in should be eligible for MVP. Luckily that almost never happens so it really isn't particularly relevant.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Who were you in Evo?

As Cable I was an indy with a good guy minded mission to stop my future from happening so I could side with basically everyone. I was gonna use my powers to design Providence, his personal island nation from the comics, to house ... well the same kinda people as in the comics, intellectuals and philosophers and refugees 'n' stuff. And I was gonna have a massive think tank to help me figure out what to do formed through those people.

Also I was gonna have a WORLD PEACE SQUAD to help me accomplish the more controversial stuff. Eor would've had to help because our characters were tethered together, and Scav and Mashad (Captain America and Iron Man) would've been down had the game happened. Mashad would've even helped finance Providence's ****.

ahhhh what could have beeeeen

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
*bangs head against desk*

Getting schooled, ah boy, never again am i doubting a comparison cop's info.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wait... I can't find one game...

There was one game where each day we voted for a king (can't remember the name, but I would have recognized it when I saw it). I'm just curious as to who got MVP to that game... if anyone.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can I have the MVP from Smash Bros. Mafia instead of ChibiCat? Tom never even posted in the game as the hydra and I was lazy and didn't replace into my own name, also cause I liked the name/avatar lol.

Also imo since the hydras aren't the regular players and such the players of the hydra should get the MVP anyway and not the hydra account.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wait... I can't find one game...

There was one game where each day we voted for a king (can't remember the name, but I would have recognized it when I saw it). I'm just curious as to who got MVP to that game... if anyone.
Muppets Mafia? Sold got that one.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
As mod of the Smash Bros game, i also think the MVP award should be pinned on chibo.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Can I have the MVP from Smash Bros. Mafia instead of ChibiCat? Tom never even posted in the game as the hydra and I was lazy and didn't replace into my own name, also cause I liked the name/avatar lol.

Also imo since the hydras aren't the regular players and such the players of the hydra should get the MVP anyway and not the hydra account.
in this situation chibo should get it i think. i didnt do diddly squat.

but normally hydra players work together. if they arent, the solo player playing the hydra should just take over solo

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I made a Day One in that game with no RVS and a scum lynch (iirc), but god knows that I couldn't get a doc protect. I got the other MvP there on ONE phase.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh god some of these games bring back memories

Being a stupid newbie in Monster Island
Relying on my role in Scum Wars
Tricking newbies in Muppets
Kicking *** with ryker in TMNT
Surviving 4 days besides my dutch slip in Pokemon
DBZ was just awesome.

I loved the mechanics of the last 2, in terms of the game itself TMNT was def my favorite, I loved hydraing with Ryker.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I made a Day One in that game with no RVS and a scum lynch (iirc), but god knows that I couldn't get a doc protect. I got the other MvP there on ONE phase.
Wasn't the D1 lynch in smash bros a VT? I thought the only scum lynch there was SSBF on D2...

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Scum governor is the dumbest role since risky politician. I mean, come on! That game was ridiculous.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
should newbie games be granted mvp status? i know people can still perform very well in the game, but since its aimed towards new players i dont want to discredit ppl somewhat but the games are easier so to say than others and are more like practice trials

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^^This is a legitimate point considering the number of players with certain levels of experience allowed in those games are restricted thus skewing what could be considered the level of competition within a game.

Not that people who play well in newbie games don't deserve recognition though. Might be more reasonable to give out newbie game honorable mentions but not full blown MVP status. Also would serve as a motivator for people who play in newbie games and enjoy the community to continue playing and jump into normal games. *shrug*

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That's an idea. I mean, vets shouldn't get an MVP for dominating a newbie game, that's what we'd expect. However, if a newbie manages to pull off a dominating performance, I think it's worthy of an MVP.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think MVP should be able to go to anyone, but a vet cant get it for a great performance if he was a bad vet. They are two different things!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I think MVP should be able to go to anyone, but a vet cant get it for a great performance if he was a bad vet. They are two different things!
I thought the idea was for every game to have an MVP? In which case, yes, a vet might get an MVP for a so-so performance. When the other players are still learning the ropes, a so-so performance might just be the best performance in the game.

Of course, it's possible for something similar to happen in normal games. If everyone else does terribly, and one person is just mediocre, they'd be the MVP by default. That's less likely to happen, though.

Not saying what should actually be done about this. I just don't think your logic makes much sense.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I thought the idea was for every game to have an MVP? In which case, yes, a vet might get an MVP for a so-so performance. When the other players are still learning the ropes, a so-so performance might just be the best performance in the game.

Of course, it's possible for something similar to happen in normal games. If everyone else does terribly, and one person is just mediocre, they'd be the MVP by default. That's less likely to happen, though.

Not saying what should actually be done about this. I just don't think your logic makes much sense.
What? I don't understand. By "bad vet" I mean he did not do his job as a vet to foster interest, answer questions, treat new players with respect and patience, not overwhelm, intimidate, or overly confuse.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
should newbie games be granted mvp status?
Yes

Perhaps only newbies should be able to earn them from newbie games?
Alternatively, this is fine. Provided I was considered to still be a newbie by the time of Newbie 5.

But in all seriousness, Newbie 5 was my best game as far as I'm concerned, and one of the few I feel pretty good about my play in.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
What? I don't understand. By "bad vet" I mean he did not do his job as a vet to foster interest, answer questions, treat new players with respect and patience, not overwhelm, intimidate, or overly confuse.
Ah, alright. I misunderstood.

I sort of feel that that dilutes the nature of the MVP award, however. You are now awarding it for providing instruction, rather than solely for being the player(s) who made the largest contribution towards their team's win condition. That's okay, I suppose. It is simply a different interpretation of Most Valuable Player.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
What kind of performance merits getting MVP even though your faction lost?
I'll give you the example from my game(Boondock Saints). Town lost the game, but Moronik was one of the MVPs. That was because despite town losing, he was a huge force that led to town almost winning(in that case, town MAY have won if BY didn't disappear at the end). In fact, Ronike/Marshy were pretty much town's leaders, and really their only error in the game was not protecting themselves the night they got killed. I felt that since they were really the main reason town got anything done they deserved an MVP, despite the fact that their faction lost.

M.K

Level 55
Same with PikMafia. Although Swiss and Zen both played great games, they played a great TEAM. However, Chuckie had both of them pinned endgame, just had pretty crappy town support. Thus, the team won, but I gave MVP to Chuckie because he had the best plan, and would've won the game for town if town had some other strong members to back up his claims.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What kind of performance merits getting MVP even though your faction lost?
I got one of mine for my second game where I was nkilled immediately for starting a game with no RVS and calling out the scum team on day 1. Chibo then stopped lurking and ran the game to mafia victory. He and I got MvP.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
we actually did protect ourselves but gheb is a jerk and roleblocked us with his inherited powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom