• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I hate to intrude on your thread, Dallas, but does anyone know who is running the Brawl Tournament for the YuleCon anime convention? There was a YuleCon rep at LouisiAnime and he said that they have had a rather big turnout for the past two years for Brawl as well as some amazing prizes, such as hoodies, plaques, and trophies as well as the prize money. They mentioned DugFinn in our conversation, but I was too tired to pay attention for what, so I'm not sure if he ran the tournament or not.

If anyone has information on the YuleCon tournament, please PM me or let me know something. I'm interested in going.

Thanks.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow you guys are dead.

Is December 6-11 everyone's last week of skool for the Fall Semester? I'm trying to look for a date for Nikefest3 and so far I'm considering December 11. Pretty much wanna have it between everyone's final exams and Christmas holidays.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I hate to intrude on your thread, Dallas, but does anyone know who is running the Brawl Tournament for the YuleCon anime convention? There was a YuleCon rep at LouisiAnime and he said that they have had a rather big turnout for the past two years for Brawl as well as some amazing prizes, such as hoodies, plaques, and trophies as well as the prize money. They mentioned DugFinn in our conversation, but I was too tired to pay attention for what, so I'm not sure if he ran the tournament or not.

If anyone has information on the YuleCon tournament, please PM me or let me know something. I'm interested in going.

Thanks.
DugFinn usually runs brawl tournaments at anime conventions across Texas, with notable exceptions of Oni-Con, and AnimeFEST starting in 2011(which I do hope to manage, pending board approval). Odds are good that if you go to a con Smash tournament in Texas, Dug usually runs it.

Dug doesn't do Oni-con because they don't provide "crash space" for out of town volunteers, and she won't be in charge of AnimeFEST next year because she broke con rules in offering a cash pot in 2009.

I won't stop her if she wants to help, but she has to understand up front that most of the decision making, such as what games are going to be offered, the rules, ect., is out of her hands. If she understands that, then I think we can get along fine.

EDIT: Even though she did break con rules in 2009, the official reason why there was no arcade in 2010 was that the previous arcade manager was uncommunicative with other managers and his superiors. I just wanted to bite something in the nub before it becomes more wide spread.

Curlz

Smash Lord
DugFinn usually runs brawl tournaments at anime conventions across Texas, with notable exceptions of Oni-Con, and AnimeFEST starting in 2011(which I do hope to manage, pending board approval). Odds are good that if you go to a con Smash tournament in Texas, Dug usually runs it.

Dug doesn't do Oni-con because they don't provide "crash space" for out of town volunteers, and she won't be in charge of AnimeFEST next year because she broke con rules in offering a cash pot in 2009.

I won't stop her if she wants to help, but she has to understand up front that most of the decision making, such as what games are going to be offered, the rules, ect., is out of her hands. If she understands that, then I think we can get along fine.

EDIT: Even though she did break con rules in 2009, the official reason why there was no arcade in 2010 was that the previous arcade manager was uncommunicative with other managers and his superiors. I just wanted to bite something in the nub before it becomes more wide spread.
Alright, thanks for the info. Should I expect a thread to be posted about YuleCon or is it just an understood con tournament that people should go to?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dugfinn is DONE with gaming. She is strictly COSPLAY now. That is why im running the anime matsuri 2011 gaming room. I highly doubt she will even care what happens at any other cons gaming room.

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
So are there any big Brawl+ players in the area? or am i gonna have to go back to vBrawl to find people to smash with?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brawl+ is a joke.

I'm not kidding when I say you'll be 9999999999999999999999999 times luckier looking for Brawl-. People around here like it because it is fun.

There IS always vanilla, though.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Dugfinn is DONE with gaming. She is strictly COSPLAY now. That is why im running the anime matsuri 2011 gaming room. I highly doubt she will even care what happens at any other cons gaming room.
Nice to have known that.

Still, what made her quit, if I may ask? I looked at DDC's profile on DugFinn and it says that she does gaming panels, but still sad to see that the community lost such a great T.O.

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
B+ a joke? cmon now... its WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better than Vanilla. when did u last play it? if it was anytime before 2010 then your point is invalid.

and its nearly impossible to take Minus seriously half the time. its fun don't get me wrong ( -Yoshi ***** face! :D) but i can't see myself trying to get insanely good at it or anything.

looks like imma have to resort back to craptastic falcon >_>

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
i just love the faster pace of B+ compared to Vanilla. and i think if enough people played B+ then it could make it in the competitive scene easily. unfortunately i don't think it will.

HavikLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haviklink
there are lots of people who would support what im saying. unfortunately none of them live in dallas. its cool tho. smash is smash

heytallman

CTALL
So I totally just registered for MLG Dallas. I am beyond excited!

Monica....finish my Mr. Saturn plushie before then? I'm sure you've forgotten about it by now, rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom