• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Guys, could anyone pick me up friday and take me to Dphats? I'd really apreciate it. The only way I'd get to go is if someone could take me. Please, I'm begging you guys. This is the last tourney/anything I can go to for another 2 weeks. Since my mom is going out of town soon she doesn't want me "out" for the 2 weekends right before she leaves. Once she leaves I can do anything, go anywhere, do whatever. I'll probably host a thanksgiving tourney. (oh and I can pay for gas if you want, I wouldn't imagine it would be very expensive just going to dphats though)

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
You have to add in driving to ur house outta someones way then driving to dphat's then driving back to your house to drop you off then driving home. I would calculate about 8 bucks gas should cover it is that too much?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
You have to add in driving to ur house outta someones way then driving to dphat's then driving back to your house to drop you off then driving home. I would calculate about 8 bucks gas should cover it is that too much?
I just need a ride there, not back. My dad will be off by 10:30 so he can pick me up. So 4$? Maybe add in an extra 2$ or so and a couple of soft drinks or snacks for bothering and the time it would take?

_Natirasha

Smash Rookie
Have you decided on whether or not to do a doubles bracket, Jingo? If not, maybe just something off the wall like a low-tier tourney or FFA tourney?

Doubles bracket/crews/FFA/low-tier/Fox Only Final D/Stamina mode depends on the attendance and how long the singles bracket goes.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
ATTENTION DALLAS!!!

WEEKLY AT DALLAS PHAT THIS FRIDAY (I know I haven't hosted one in a while so thought people should know)
People are allowed to come to my place as early as 4:00pm and can stay till whenever.
Only rules are take off your shoes, pet the kitty, and don't be to loud already got a couple noise complaint.
ALSO Would love it if people would bring over some snakes/drinks so other people could appreciate it.

If you need information please look at the first page of this forum and you'll be able to find my contact number and address and if you are lost please don't be shy and give me a call.

Hope to see everyone friday!

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Don't worry dallasphat as far as "snakes" are concerned I'll make sure I be there. Will you be hosting a tournment or is it just gonna be friendlies? Perhaps we could throw a small 2v2 thing free or not it will be alot of fun I'm sure of it. Everyone that went to PBT should attempt to come to this we want this to be as populated as possible.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Instead of banning MK in tournament, they should ban him in friendlies. That way you can still use him, but you'll be out of practice. GOOD IDEA, OR GOOD IDEA!?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Ruddy, how far from Dphat's are you? I should have a spot in my car for Dphat's if you still need it.

Edit: Also, Bluezaft's idea is totally awesome.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Story Time:

So it turns out that I broke Smash Physics once again.
In a friendly with Me (G&W) vs. Dphat (Marth) on Pictochat, I'm walking around minding my own business when Dphat launches a Neutral B and breaks my shield. I get sent straight up. He starts charging his Neutral B again as I'm falling down to the ground. Doing some crazy UTD Zac magic (stronger than Fogo magic), I break out of shield stun and proceed to Fair him. Muahahaha! It's true!

Also quote from Dphat: "How do you know how to do everything with everyone?"

Oh, and I found out I suck at MTG after not playing on Friday Night Magics because of Friday Night Smashfests.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
My magic's strenght cannot and has not been measured, and I've yet to see anything that comes close to it's power.

I can make people fall over on the other side of the world, in real time, just ask Damien.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Story Time:

In a friendly with Me (G&W) vs. Dphat (Marth) on Pictochat, I'm walking around minding my own business when Dphat launches a Neutral B and breaks my shield. I get sent straight up. He starts charging his Neutral B again as I'm falling down to the ground. Doing some crazy UTD Zac magic (stronger than Fogo magic), I break out of shield stun and proceed to Fair him. Muahahaha! It's true!

Oh, and I found out I suck at MTG after not playing on Friday Night Magics because of Friday Night Smashfests.
OMG ZAC you cheat at SMASH i freaking swear... infinite jumping with bowser... wing canceling with Pit.. seriously ZAC I'm never going to random mm you again dude lol. ALSO wtf at that shield breaker thing.. i'm going to read up on how you did that.

Bwett

Smash Ace
So this is what I believe the car status is for OH SNAPv4

Infinity's Car:
1 Shuz
2 Fogo
3 Ice
4 Foursaken

DPhat's Car:
1 bwett
2 Dojo
3 Santi
4 Cake? Is he going?

DugFinn's Car:
1 Damien
2 Melee1

We need to have these as accurate as possible within the next 2 days so we can tell Thien and all can get settled. Zac, I remember you calling a spot in Dphat's car which should work out if Cake isn't going, which DPhat, you should know. Denton crew, post exactly how your car spots are and if there are any extra spots. If there is anyone else that is going, please post the car you are going in and the spots available for that car.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
DPhat's Car:
1 bwett
2 Dojo
3 Santi
4 Cake? Is he going?

Zac, I remember you calling a spot in Dphat's car which should work out if Cake isn't going, which DPhat, you should know.
Hmmm my car looks accurate and I'll talk to Dojo to see if Cake is going cause last time he wasn't sure.
I thought I had a spot in Dphat's car?
Oh noes!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Yes I would like a spot to OH Snap. Would be could to go to a tournament without having to drive myself ;)

Also when is it? (EDIT: Nov. 22nd)

Infi~ send me a link to states. Are we talking extended? t2?

Bwett

Smash Ace
We need a possible car spot for Phoenix Alpha and UTD Zac. People who are driving that I don't know about, please let me know what your car situation looks like. If anything we might be able to put them in the car with College Station or something like that.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
We should have spots for Phoenix Alpha or Zac if the other cars are full. I'll call around today and confirm who's riding where, post the info tonight.

Dizzi13

Smash Rookie
contrary to what i may or may not have said after getting a thorough beatdown at the last pbt, i can't quit smash...it's kinda like heroine. instead, i'm switching mains. i'll see you all at D-phats when my squirtle is as competent as my ivysaur and charizard

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Story Time:

Have you seen the results from States dude? Freakin control decks everywhere!
yu-gi-oh anybody?XD

F

Flafl

is everyone leaving on friday night for OhSnap, or is there anyone leaving on Saturday morning.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
After checking out the venue for my friend's tournament, I learned that they are also hosting a Star Wars tournament on the same day. Now that I think about it, I don't remember actually asking what time that tournament was, but be prepared for there to be extra company anyways.

This tournament is probably going to be incredibly lulsy. Sorry about that.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
If my car wasnt about to die, I would totally drive, but transmission is going to give way sometime in the near future so I gotta keep it running for alittle while longer lol
Same way with mine. I just don't trust my POS on longer drives.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice

Alright, it's been a while since I've played a part in the Dallas scene, and while I have some spare time I'd really like to get back into it. However, Watauga is too far for me to go for a casual tournament, and I'd rather not leave the state for a tourny while I'm out of practice (unless you really think beating my friend's Donkey Kong is good practice). However, I also realize that it would be pointless to host a small tournament the same day as a major one. So here's what I'm thinking.

RANDOM CHARACTER TOURNAMENT

Friday, November 21, 4:00 PM (unless you guys want something different)
My apartment at UTD (I'll give out the real address if this gathers more interest)
Entrance Fee: $2.00 per person

Obviously, the gist of the tournament is that for every match, you have to pick random for your character. Being able to effectively use a lot of the cast will help you more than just mastering a couple of them. I'll still allow the banning of stages pre-set, as well as counterpicking. Double elimination, of course.

Hopefully this will be a fun diversion before OHSNAP for those interested. I've been out of the scene for a while, and it'd be cool to see you guys again.

And sorry for Navi, but if there's any way to get your attention, it's her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom