• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
First post on page 1337 hard dis.

Don't be like Missouri Steven.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
**** no. Last time I went to Kansas the turnout was like 30.
Really Doj?

1) SLAST is a monthly; Not APEX, so I can understand why you'd want to pass on it this time.

2) We made the mistake of holding a tournament at a convention and learned from it. If you went to NKv2, which brought in 104 players, you'd know how well Wichita can run a tournament.

All the **** that went down at NKv3 was out of our control. Expect NKv4 to be even better than NKv2.

/spoilers!

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
raep

:chuckle:DPhat+Dmg, lets dominate 3v3
-I know dmg reads this thread so yayy-

So i've been thinking. Most of us know the basics and how to play. Now, lets win with ******** strategies.

Because we can limit our enemies picks but not the sum spells. I'm going to focus on winning strategies around two components.

Outleveling our opponents
Out-team comp our opponents for teamfights

Because even with a inferior team comp, u can still win with a 3 level per champ advantage.
And of course, simply out team comp + equal level=free wins

To acheive this goal, we must focus onnnnn....
1: how to outlevel enemies
2: how to out-team comp

The first can be achieved by control of map, jungle and lizard+dragon. This will be done by the use of smite/exhaust and revive/flash.

For instance, take our 2nd lineup. PS-Garen widely used in TT, so teemo. shroom+blind
Heimerdinger smite and revive/clarvoyance
Udyr smite and revive/ghost
Garen/Teemo exhaust/revive or (teemo)=exhaust/smite and flash/revive

That teamfight (if it even occurs :chuckle: LOL) will be centered around how well the other team can kill bobby. Obv, with udyr+dragon buff and garen/teemo silence/slow through shrooms. This will become a very difficult endeavor.

The idea behind this lineup is to avoid teamfights and jungle. Obtain lizard and dragon and other spawns as often as possible, while pushing a lane, forcing the other team to defend or lose exp from defending to chase us. Thus, outleveling our opposition until we have the power to push and end the game.

Ideal scenario will result in Dinger with xxx items (freestyle it bobby)
Udyr with the common sheen+sunfire cape crap
Garen with obv zeal>boots>sunfire cape crap

udyr will always get lizard buff over dinger and garen/teemo. However, me and bobby will carry smite to initiate lizard and udyr will finish lizard with his smite. In addition, dragon will disappear in seconds to 3 smites and dinger. In the case that I am teemo, exhaust may be more necessary to counter shaco and other phys dps lineups. Further aiding in dinger+teemo kite with udyr stun crap. Once Teemo acquires phage mid game, the kite + udyr lizard will make any dive a free team fight win.

Now regarding flash vs clarvoyance on dinger. It's up to bobby vs the lineup. Sometimes we'll need more map awareness depending on their lineup. If you think their champs will give Dphat trouble jungling. Obv=clarvoyance. In addition to us all buying wards. We should be fine in knowing where the enemy champs are. Especially if I run teemo. Shrooms + wards=map control.

So that's how that team will run. I'll make a 2nd post (idc ban me moar plz); regarding how our second team comp runs.

Oh! P.S.= (cuz I fail at putting this in the post somewhere), DMG obv hosts so if we have 1st pick, he dingers and we ban ww, chogath

Double P.S. EDIt: Added in revive strat. mid game lost team fight, all pop revive and push turret. With udyr, garen and dinger all there with revive bonus and only 1 champ alive (worst scenario) = free inhibitor
REASONING= Cuz xxx/xxx/21 is a bad build in TT. We are focusing around abusing smite and revive for 21/9/0 builds.

If he has 1st pick, we ban garen/cho gath
If he doesn't have 1st pick, then we ban dinger/cho gath...Why not ban WW? I KNOW WHY! tune in to the next post ;P

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk it's certainly gonna be harder after the Dinger nerfs lol. The only slight redeeming thing is the Turret Bonus health might let them hit a few more times on TT with less people to straight up **** them. I've been looking into other champs to play for TT actually. Singed, Mundo, Poppy/Taric (dunno how much I like that but obv strong), Xin/Gragas/Zilean/Jax/Nasus/out of options besides my bad Kayle or Sion.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
2nd team lineup (our fav for obvious reasons)

Taric exhaust/ignite (again I think, dphat halpz me)
Poppy exhaust/ignite (i think, dphat halpz me)
Pantheon ignite/ghost

Obv this lineup is sheer our team makeup brings all the $ to the yard, and their like, it's better than ours, and we're like, **** right *****es.

So we should be fine vs any lineup without dinger. We gonna need exp with both lineups, but now is as good of a time as any to start running it.

This team lineup loses to the 1st lineup because this team comp focuses around THERE WILL BE A TEAMFIGHT AND YOUR TEAM WILL LOSE. So for teams avoiding team fights, we gonna run into some trouble. Obv we will be running together FORCING teamfights. If they dont happen, then we push a lane (dragon or lizard, whichever is most important to lose) and then fall back at turret and do dragon or lizard. If they dont fight us, they let us take lizard or dragon. Rinse repeat, gg no re k thx.

^^ team comp is pretty self explanatory since we have a pretty good idea how it runs. AND, is imo the most fun cuz it's lulzy.

Dphat and DMG, read and share thoughts either here or whenever. I plan on gaming mTuWThF from 7pm-10pm. LETS DO DIS!

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
and obv, if dinger/taric get banned. then we freestyle it. Prob run some random **** and hope 4 the best ;P

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What about Singed Poppy Pantheon? Fling into the stuns/nukes, Adhesive slow and at least 1 exhaust should probably prevent that person from moving, let alone living. I'm not confident enough in my Taric/Poppy, but I've been trying out Singed some and he seems like he could go with that team line up pretty well. We would have to snowball pretty early, that's for sure. Doesn't sound too bad IMO.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
The SS i get on Taric is Exhaust/Ignite (cause ghost isn't that useful in TT), and on Poppy I get Flash/Exhaust so I can position myself/run away and exhaust is to single out there dps. BUT recently I've been thinking about getting clairvoyance over ignite due to our early level mana problem and thus giving us a better start.

Bobby don't worry about learning Poppy just get Taric down, I've already dedicated myself to learning poppy and I already got a build order I like on her so I can play Poppy pretty effectively now.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
what do car pools for hobo look like? I'm interested

@ ALSM, what about the double hook shot????
Yeah, that too. lol Especially after upB, he has TWO LONG hookshots, one for the ledge, and one for any part of the stage if he misses the ledge.

Sorry Nike, I housed Kansas but didn't go to the tourney myelf. =\

My girlfriend had a massive roommate fiasco and just moved into a new apartment by herself. It was our 9 month anniversary yesterday and out of good conscience, I couldn't leave her in Denton alone all day organizing her stuff.
^ Good man.

Oops lol sorryyy :(

and you're upset about not seeing melee1? lol
Fogo, where've you been?

Wish I could go, but odds are no one will want to carpool and split gas.. truth is if it was just up to me and not my finances, I'd travel the world for smash.
Hmmm... if I can get work off for this, I'm interested in a carpool and splitting gas. I'll let you know.

Oh yeah. I'd do it too!
Same here.

Nike.

Smash Hero
San Antonio is having a tourney on Sept18. It's an actual venue (mexican restaurant). We're gonna try to make a good first impression so that the owner will consider letting us do monthlies. We haven't had a venue to hold monthlies since the old Gamelot days.

Denti

Smash Master
San Antonio is having a tourney on Sept18. It's an actual venue (mexican restaurant). We're gonna try to make a good first impression so that the owner will consider letting us do monthlies. We haven't had a venue to hold monthlies since the old Gamelot days.
Interested.

Do you have a thread?

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
^^ funneh.

So I looked into buying stocks or trade options for Riot Games (League of Legends creator). However, come to find they are a private and not a public company. I very sad.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hobo 27 - (Houston, TX)

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284054
Date: Sept 4, 2010
Address: Fun Plex 13700 Beechnut St. Houston, TX 77083

Smash Con Queso - (San Antonio, TX)

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284332
Date: Sept 18, 2010
Address: Los Primos Blanco - 3825 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78201

Phase 14 - (Dallas, TX)

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285493
Date: Sept 25, 2010
Address: FX Game Exchange 3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX, 75075

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Honestly they don't make enough money and have enough on-hand to go Public, and if so they would be in the sub $5 range guaranteed as they hit the market Personally I would put it under $2 if I had to price it. The main problem IMO would be that it wouldn't have a strong enough case for investors to believe it would have nice growth. Even if things went really well for Riot, their growth would probably only be around 5-7%. A more realistic outlook has them around 1-2%. If things don't go as planned, you could kiss the price of that stock goodbye.

I wouldn't buy it even if they went public. Staying private is the best move for them right now.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Really... Twitter?

UNT has a section of its website for all teachers and the students in their sections to use called eCampus or Blackboard (don't know why they don't settle on a name)... it has syllabus, assignments, class notes, discussion board, messaging, web links, grades.... I'm not really sure how innovative or effective a class on Twitter really is.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Brett, get in touch with zigsta. He wants you to join the LT crew battle at hobo. they need a strong ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom