• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Interview with Razer about apex 2010

Alex Strife: Ok guys, Alex Strife here again and this time I am here with Texas native Ultimate Razer. So tell us how you got into smash and why the name?

Ultimate Razer: Hello Alex. Well my name is actually passed down from my brother. My alternate name is GrimTurtle that I use on PSN and stuff. I've always played smash since 64. I used to play sudden death with items on Hyrule with my brothers. Pretty soon it got down to no items 1v1 on FD. I didn't know about tournaments yet. I followed closely with the development of Brawl and got it opening night. I started playing Wi-Fi tournaments and stuff but that was it. I got into the offline tournament scene after reading a comment on and ICs video. It said "too bad these are banned in Houston tournaments". I contacted him and got directed to smash boards. After that, Xyro showed me the way and I went to HOBO. I'm still active today.

Alex Strife: Wow I never knew you got it from your Brother. Does he still play smash?

Ultimate Razer: No he doesn't play smash. He’s more of a street fighter guy.

Alex Strife: Ah well to each his own. So tell me you went to Apex last year and teamed with UTD Zac and got 2nd only to M2K and Ally! What was it like at the first Apex?

Ultimate Razer: It was actually amazing since it was my first OOS tourney and my first time traveling by plane. You were a great host, I met lots of new people, and teaming with Zac was awesome. Getting second in teams was definitely the highlight of that tournament for me.

Alex Strife: Ah well thanks Razer . What are you expecting this year as Apex hits a new height of attendance?

Ultimate Razer: I'm expecting a lot of hype like Genesis received. I want to meet a lot of new people as well. I really want to do well in singles but a little more in doubles. Gnes is my partner and we've been practicing for months to get our rematch with M2K/Ally. I'm hoping this will also be the greatest tourney experience for a good while.

Alex Strife: Well I hope so too I am running it HAHA. So, as you know, the Japanese are attending with some of their top players. With that in mind are you wondering how they will do?

Ultimate Razer: Definitely. I think all Brawl players will be looking as to how they perform. Hopefully they can adjust to our rule set so they can put up a good fight. I'm probably most scared of Rain.

Alex Strife: Rain is a Falco player so I know how odd that match-up is. What are you doing to prepare for the event?

Ultimate Razer: I actually like Falco . Well, I'm going to lots of tourneys this summer to get experience and going to lots of fests. Gnes sometimes comes over and we get some solid training in. As long as I keep this constant training up, I should be prepared. I've also been playing CPUs.

Alex Strife: Speaking of Gnes he is often a player that is not spoken about outside of Texas. What are you expectations of him and other Texans attending?

Ultimate Razer: Yeah, Gnes is the unknown giant sort of. I expect him, Dojo, and myself to perform at the national level. Dojo is probably a top 3 MK and is just flat out amazing at this game. He knows what to do in many situations and is just a scary player so he should do extremely well like the countless times he has. Gnes got really good vs. MK and is one of the smartest players I know. I expect him to do big things this tourney. But he plays Diddy, so he’s automatically gay.

Alex Strife: Well with ADHD and Gnes this will be a very fun tournament for Diddy players. Any unknown players coming from Texas that will surprise us at Apex?

Ultimate Razer: Hmmmm, the closest one I know that will surprise may be Trela. He’s been on fire recently and could do some things with his Lucario. Lee is also coming...he’s practically TX so I'll include him hehe. Others are coming like Dphat, DMG, Bear, and Jerm. That’s just off the top of my head.

Alex Strife: Ah Lee the famous camper I hope he does well. Is there anyone you are gunning for? Any rival that you want to beat?

Ultimate Razer: Hmmm. Anti and I have been trash talking each other on COD so I want to play him lol. I also want my rematch with ADHD and Atomsk!

Alex Strife: Well I wish you luck. Is there anything you want to tell people on AIB and Smash boards that will help them out or to spread the famous hype?

Ultimate Razer: Just prepare for an epic tournament!

Alex Strife: See you there Razer thanks for the interview

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Okay, I think I'm just not going to go to HOBO. A lot of Dallas is apparently not going and it'll just be convenient for me not to go anyhow. Maybe we should just do the whole "Dallas goes to HOBO" next month.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
brett dphat fogo zac bear dmg d4ba kovu neobato denti fk

Join up with denti carpool. dont wimp out

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who all wants to go to Hobo? I can go but I have to know soon, otherwise was gonna spend 4th of July in the city.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Damien, PM me with your top 3 list of who i should play in LoL and why. I was looking at the characters and couldnt tell which i liked. I like all types, tank healer dps w/e

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Damien, PM me with your top 3 list of who i should play in LoL and why. I was looking at the characters and couldnt tell which i liked. I like all types, tank healer dps w/e
Well in this game, there are many champions who can play these 5 roles. Examples of the best (imo) next to the hyphen

Tank-Shen
Nuker-Shaco/Annie
Carry-Ashe
Phys-Dps-Jax/Nasus/Olaf
Support-Soraka/Janna

Some champions can play two roles. Ex: Taric (Support, Phys Dps). Or nidalee (Carry, Support). We call these champs hybrids.

Just watch some clips on the above champs in youtube somewhere and then I can help u narrow your focus to 3 champs or so.

It seems like it's getting harder to initiate team fights.
Im calling upcoming tryhard team comp to be very similar to this setup

Katarina mid
morgana solo top
janna/pantheon bot
Shaco jungle

3 nuke +2 support/hybrid tank. Morgana can be replaced with nunu or the likes of singed.

Freakin bullcrap patch imo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zac you would probably like support. Uairing partners in teams the same thing as buffing partners with air shields and saving the team with wind (Janna)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Indeed. Akali burst damage harder to counter or deal with now.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ugh. Apparently, Avatar is a bust. Pretty upset about it cause it is one of my favorite cartoons. Guess I should have seen it coming.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I know right, screw that. Beah, let's just spend this weekend watching episodes from the series. They are soooooo good. Especially if IMBD gave a "little kids show" 9,2/10

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECKlvDTl4V4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECKlvDTl4V4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's July 4th weekend dumb. People have better stuff to do than drive home 4+ hours.
I totally agree. I tried to tell de angelo but he didnt listen so im dealing with the tools i have at the moment.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Zac, if your a big support fan. I suggest Janna, Nidalee and Kayle for starters. A quick cookie cutter build that u can get away with on both champs are...

janna: Dorans ring+1 hp pot>merc treads>soul shroud>whatever
skills: 1st rank W (shield I think), then 1 rank Q, then W/E>W/E>W/E>R>W/E (till maxed out)

nidalee: ask dphat cuz this ***** can be built like 1 million ways

Kayle: dorans ring +1 hp pot>rank 1 boots> guinsoos rageblade>gunblade
skills: Q>E>W>Q>W>R>Q/W till maxed>Rest of level ups E

You should be fine with those staple builds no matter if ur whole team gets stupid crap team comp like ryze, anivia, kayle (you), kassadin,veigar

Esca

Smash Champion
Yall are dumb.

When y'all wanna get REAL and pay for a real game, come to Sargeras in World of Warcraft and send me a PST.

Name is Metaknight on Horde side.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's a recession bro, I gotta save that money for hookers Lewd Women and PCP Medical Substances.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I love it when I make crappy players on the other team think that Heimerdinger is broken.

Won a 4v5 today with Khaoz (Amumu)--- the other team complained about my team using the 3 most broken characters in the game (Anivia, Twitch, Heimer).

Archangel's staff is now my favorite item. Er, that is... Tear of the Goddess building into Archangel's staff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I told you and Griffen to try that out. It's perfect for Heimer: reaching 3k+ Mana super easy to accomplish, giving you another 90 AP to use (They made the Ratio 3% right?) He procs the effect super easy (SUPER DUPER easy with a Blue Buff) Then the mana regen also nice.

Biggest wrong thing about that item I see people doing is rushing the entire thing as the first big item for Heimer. There's no point rushing the full Archangels when you can rush RoA, get a tear inbetween somewhere, and finish archangels later on.

On btw Damien I don't think I said thanks for showing me Heal on Heimer over Clarity. I find it helps out the team more, been running that after the first few games you played him with me/cake. The only times I wish I had Clarity over Heal are when I'm forced to take mid against someone strong in mid who has Clarity and/or Teleport. Trying to outmana them when they have Clarity just too hard without it on Heimer in those spots, but otherwise I love heal over it.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I rush Tear of Goddess much of the time, then just go mainly AP (Void staff, Zhonya's) until I have a boatload of mana, at which point I finish the item. Oh yeah, and I get boots too, of course, lol.

I need to experiment my build with RoA, though. And I need to be confident enough to get Mejai's more often when I'm doing well in kills.

By the way, I think the ratio is still 2.5%, but it's still an amazing item regardless.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think this patch they made it 3%. At 3k mana it's only a difference of like 15 AP, but still.

"Archangel's Staff mana to ability power ratio increased to 3% from 2.5%" Yeah it's 3% now. Good stuff.

RoA yeah just rush Catalyst, and lane for a bit collecting boots and Tear, then upgrade to RoA. Should be able to easily complete it by the 20 minute mark and also have boots/tear. Catalyst fun for laning no matter what lane you get.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
If your looking into trying to decide what items to buy with heimer as a start. Follow this quick guide.

Opponent team comp has lots of nukers=rod of ages first
Opponent team comp does not have lots of nukers=tears of goddess>mejajs>archangels

Then, after that, going straight AP is normally best. Since his ult +golem+masteries=all the cdr you'll ever need. Like brett said, void staff/zhonyas depending on lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom