• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
@ Billy and Mah Boi Van; the chorus is
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is

I'll blame my being super off on not liking the Spice Girls, lol

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Man phase10 is a strong reality check as to how far behind I am in preparation for MLG dallas. I gota good idea how to get better; but practice gonna be really rough. Can I get a list o' people who wanna grind the weakness's out b4 MLG?

In addition, heard Dorrough's "Get Big" track on the radio earlier this week and am wondering if anybody else lovin this song?

edit: omg I feel compelled to post this. disclaimer (depending on how you grew up and other factors, this video clip will % your chances of crying)

http://wimp.com/watchthis

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Guys I think we need to organize 2 carpools down to Houston for HOBO this weekend.

My carpool:
1. UTDZac
2. Bwett
3. ???
4. ???

Other people I heard interested in going:
1. Denti
2. FK
3. Dphat

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm 50/50 on going to HOBO. Zac, how soon do you need to know if I'm going?

Also, last weekend was so much fun.

Seth, YES! I'm listening to is right now. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bear, just go. its only 2 events and u will have time to do w/e or even go home if u want to. its at funplex so heat/space wont be an issue.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Beah, I'm off all day Friday (cause of 4th of July weekend). We can leave anytime Friday, get to Houston, and watch avatar. Hobo won't have side events (similar to phase) so there will be extra time to chill / do friendlies / play bowling (i got a free pass).

I haven't been to hobo in forever and would like to go since Houston made a huge effort to come to Phase with record attendance =)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm interested in going. I would really need a carpool that gets back either the night of the tourney or relatively early on Sunday, because I have July 4th plans with my girlfriend. I'd need to be back in Dallas around 2:00 Sunday.

Edit:

omg I feel compelled to post this. disclaimer (depending on how you grew up and other factors, this video clip will % your chances of crying)

I lost.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'd go if it was the weekend after. I love Smash and I love hanging out with you guys, but not on the weekend of 4th of July.

Hope Dallas ***** in Houston though :p

Edit - Watched that video. Only reason I didn't choke up is because I've seen that a couple of times before >.>"

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
edit: omg I feel compelled to post this. disclaimer (depending on how you grew up and other factors, this video clip will % your chances of crying)

Nah man I can't watch that and not choke up. I've actually seen that quite a few times and still choke up everytime. Thats pretty much a life story for me.

Guys I think we need to organize 2 carpools down to Houston for HOBO this weekend.

My carpool:
1. UTDZac
2. Bwett
3. ???
4. ???
Possibly interested in a spot money is a issue that is all.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Vid made me "aww" a bit, but my dads a beast, so I can't really relate.

Dang, I knew it! Btw, wtf on Rufus FA lvl1. No wonder I always ate a combo lol although it would make sense the only thing rufus sucks at is running =P
You can be fat and acrobatic, but fat and being a fast runner just doesn't work out, lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If I don't get my name into a carpool by Thursday morning, I won't be going to HOBO, and I'll spend that money instead on a nice dinner for my girlfriend and me.

I mean, who wants THAT?
Don't make me do it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
We got a house here in Dallas, im just finishing my bachelors. I'll be moving in a few months, I can't wait to meet you guys! I'm so excited.... and the tournies will be close to me! When I go to my first phases, im just going to enter doubles, because I don't know how my head will be (I always seem to get migranes or really sick if i go to a tourny or smashfest, i inherited it from my mother =/) but you know i think the long car rides to hobos made me sick too, maybe I'll be able to enter singles as well when i move.

Oh, does anyone here go to SMU? That's the grad school i plan to go to.

Btw I tried to get in contact with phase peeps, Ladybug I added you on aim but i think last time u were on was like... a month ago lol

Denti

Smash Master
Alright, I can leave both times. I'd prefer to have housing perhaps for friday :0 I always end up driving to these things then end up being hard sleep deprived and it affects my game.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I can leave both times. I'd prefer to have housing perhaps for friday :0 I always end up driving to these things then end up being hard sleep deprived and it affects my game.
I'm cool with splitting the driving, too...'slong as it isn't my car. It's kinda lame at the moment.,

Denti

Smash Master
sounds great. Batou wants a ride as well.
I need 55$ of gas from all the guest total in my car for gas. so assuming all spots are taken I'd need around like 15$ from everyone for gas. I'm really poor right now so I need y'all to help me out. Generally I don't like to charge people but if this is the only way to get to hobo and be back Saturday night then so be it.

Denti's carpool
1. denti himself
2. fk
3. batou

come get these spots while they're open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom