• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I LOVE CAMPING!!!

I just broke the combo.

10PROOF'S IN THE QUEEFUS

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
X4 was awesome. Fight scene between sigma and zero was tiiight.

YES! i agree! you know there was a zero GBA game that was a fast side scroller? hard as heck.. lol but yea X4 and X1 are my favorites
I've heard a bunch about the zero GBA games and i've had several people recommend them, but sadly i have no portable systems :ohwell:

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
Lmao. Ice you are getting destroyed.

Megaman X is amazing indeed. Zero is such a bad A. LOVE the music in X2 when you fight Zero. Too EPIC

Shuz- You sir are a beast.

Awestin: Yes i agree. SNES is the best system ever. We need to beat DKC co-op omg that would be waaaaaaaaaaay too cool. =D

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Yes, I'm a *******. I know.
Oh thanks for the grammer lesson Brett. Next time I see you I'll give you a brawl lesson and teach you how to make it out of pools.

And futile means useless not unsuccessful.

Fu·tile 1 : serving no useful purpose.

Oh and your recommendation on useing the word unnecessary...
Maybe you should save that for the size of your oval head. That sir is unnecessary!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Brett trying to be a grammar Nazi said:
Zac, <---- This comma isn't necessary, the sentence structure is perfectly fine without it.

we all know my grammar is bad on smashboards. <----- You forgot to capitalize the S, given that it's the name of a location this makes it a proper noun and it needs to be caps'd

Your <---- Actually his original usage of the word 'you' is perfectly fine. This one could go either way. Like Brett.

pointing it out again is just futile["Futile" implies being unsuccessful. Perhaps you could use the word "unnecessary"?], sir. <----- His usage of the world futile is perfectly fine here and you got the definition wrong, as Ice has already pointed out.
Fix'd

10g-krewcominthru

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Oh thanks for the grammer lesson Brett. Next time I see you I'll give you a brawl lesson and teach you how to make it out of pools.
And futile means useless not unsuccessful.

Fu·tile 1 : serving no useful purpose.
I never argued that the word "futile" made no sense in the sentence. But I did say that "unnecessary" may have been a more direct description of the situation.
=P

And... I would actually not mind a Brawl lesson. It would be nice. Because my attempt to make it out of pools was futile.

Also...
Oh and your recommendation on useing the word unnecessary...
Maybe you should save that for the size of your oval head. That sir is unnecessary!
Lol, I'm not Damien.
(Sorry. Had to be done.)

(Edit-- Wow, Infinity was also right. I forgot about fixing "Smashboards". Don't know how I skipped that one.)
(But, Infinity, I would argue that "your" fits better than "you". Otherwise the subject of the sentence is "you" and the verb is "is". This is a subject-verb disagreement, is it not?)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
**** get ***** by brett lmao

I still love, dojo, and; my "krew" and dphat// and melee21 and run on sentences. and incorrect grammuh/punctuation/spelling. and ice isn't gonna be there. and infinity's not gonna be there.

but.....

:)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Eric Holmesss: you and lee martin?
Eric Holmesss: lol
AwsumKT9: oh yes
AwsumKT9: we are having butthole babies
Eric Holmesss: eww katie does anal
Eric Holmesss: i'm telling the world
AwsumKT9: lmao

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Eric Holmesss: you and lee martin?
Eric Holmesss: lol
AwsumKT9: oh yes
AwsumKT9: we are having butthole babies
Eric Holmesss: eww katie does anal
Eric Holmesss: i'm telling the world
AwsumKT9: lmao
hey man dont hate

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
. Because my attempt to make it out of pools was futile.

Also...
Lol, I'm not Damien.
(Sorry. Had to be done.)
This is a subject-verb disagreement, is it not?)

Sentences starting with because are fail. I would prefer "I made a futile attempt at placing out of pools."

Don't worry bout it tho, if your shooting for an english major. I'm guessing that you are prepared to not make any money. My only evidence of this educated guess is picking Ike in brawl and attempting to place top 3. Brawl or english career, no money.

For you, I would suggest avoiding math dominant majors including English. You gota learn to pass geometry, without cheating off other students, to identify ovals. Similar to identifying a football. Can't do that, can't play sports. That would explain the small frame.
Only pool that you can make it out of is a garbage gene pool.

/end roast

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Damien would be the one to lecture me on playing this game solely for money.

Tell you what. I'll start worrying about making money when either I am in need of more money or when I am out in the working world making a living off of what currently looks like piano tuning and repair (not English). But so long as I'm playing a game, I'm good. No worries.

Ugh, sorry guys. I've had enough baiting myself for arguments and roasts for one night. G'night.

Dojo

Smash Champion
**** get ***** by brett lmao

I still love, dojo, and; my "krew" and dphat// and melee21 and run on sentences. and incorrect grammuh/punctuation/spelling. and ice isn't gonna be there. and infinity's not gonna be there.

but.....

:)
Dang through all that, I'm top of the list. Get some. I love me some Magic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom