• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It seriously sounds like theres a lot of stuff going on that weekend... And maybe I picked a bad one. It's not a big deal to postpone or something like that if it would make things go easier.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I vote we still have a brawl tourney at the PBT! Melee doesn't take that long, and I can't see more than 20 people showing up for it. If we bring enough TVs we can have a brawl tourney. As it stands quite a few people aren't going to go period because of no brawl. So if those people show up with a TV and brawl, then we can have a brawl tourney with dedicated TVs. I want to play in both anyway =)

10fogos

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Is Rudys tourney going to be 5 dollars? Or 1 dollar tourney. I agree Dallas should send one car to hobo since there will only be 50 people allowed. Me, Damien, zach,fogo, and Dphat.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
no brawl at the following PBT? that makes HonKY a sad panda.
KirbyKid told me (after PBT #4) that the Melee Tournament may be moved or something may come up. I'm pretty sure the Melee Tournament's date isn't changing, but I think it would be great to have a Brawl and Melee Tournament at the same time (if KirbyKid is up to it).

:( If he doesn't I probably won't be able to go to another Brawl Tournament for three weeks :(

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ Drew - I knew it was Melee, I was planning on stopping in to say hey to everyone and I'll prolly be a good sport and add to the prize pool if I show up early enough. I'm thinking my tag for the day will be "bye."

@ Damien - Yule-con, yo. PM me if you want details, one of the best 3rd Strike players in the state is gonna be partying with me at it.

@ the Hobo idea - I'm not going, lol.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
The entirety of Dallas should really hit up Tokyo One sometime again. I never got to wreck the noddle stand.

But those Spider rolls...

Something got put on the endangered species list that night.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok tourney will probably be 5$ but may be 1$ if the general assembly consents to it. An anonymous dallas power has requested mk be banned for my tourney. I was thinking maybe ban him like friday but not saturday or vice versa. What do you guys think? Personally I think it sounds kinda fun, I just don't want anyone to get angry at me. Also anyone wanna come over tonight? :D I got 2 tvs, and a ton of good food and drinks.

On the subject of my tourney (oh and don't worry awe hobo13 is like dec 6). Please bring set ups, I only have 2 tvs and one wii with brawl. So even just a wii with brawl is very welcome.

Edit:

Melee1, keep it a secret for only Dallas people til next big tourney like drink station or something. :p

DUDE ECHO CMAWN MAN. If you need help in school or anything text me man (that doesn't mean text me during school :p), I make really good grades and I really want to help you, I'm sick of you getting grounded.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
We wanted to not tell anybody but its so big!!! It will change brawl forever.. We will release when we can... Its yet to be discovered... Get excited guys because this AT will either **** you up or help you out

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
We wanted to not tell anybody but its so big!!! It will change brawl forever.. We will release when we can... Its yet to be discovered... Get excited guys because this AT will either **** you up or help you out
The only important question is:

Can.... Lucas.... Do.... It...?
to Marth?

EDIT: Whenever I think about this new AT, part of me thinks
it will be something like:

Ultimate Brawl Glitch

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The chance of this being a legit awesome brawl changer is probably the same as me getting a judgment through MK's upB invincibility frames.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
The chance of this being a legit awesome brawl changer is probably the same as me getting a judgment through MK's upB invincibility frames.
I've been in AIM with the guy for a while now. Here's some of the stuff he's said

It's almost as big as wavedashing
It's going to **** the DK game up
It will destroy planking and camping
It will eveolve olimar iceclimbers and snakes game so much
So yeah, I don't know anything about it either, but if everything he says is true then the AT should at least be interesting.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I can't see anything that can destroy planking. There are too many invincibility frames. G&W does a good job of planking too.

Also wavedashing completely redefined competitive brawl. It gave each character so many more options. I doubt this is anything like that.

Vids or it didn't happen ;)

It will Change the game as we know it!!! Zach you will be wowed. I cant believe you didnt discover it lol.
Oh but I did discover a way to beat MK's tornado. ie: he tornado's me, he loses a life. Hurray!

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok once again heres my address:

Just put it in googlemaps it works perfectly.

800 Custer Rd, Richardson, Dallas, Texas 75080

My apartment # is 109 at the Belle Grove apartments there.

Contact me at 972-897-8449.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you need to focus more on school dude.
im passing all my classes -_- but for some reason they all have to be 85 or better and they all are except geometery which is like a 72 :(

EDIT- u should post the vid on here but im sure u thougt of that already:)

EDIT2- plus i want to record my replay of me teching the air dang it

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I vote we still have a brawl tourney at the PBT! Melee doesn't take that long, and I can't see more than 20 people showing up for it. If we bring enough TVs we can have a brawl tourney. As it stands quite a few people aren't going to go period because of no brawl. So if those people show up with a TV and brawl, then we can have a brawl tourney with dedicated TVs. I want to play in both anyway =)

10fogos

Melee only on the 6th lol. Doing both is too much work (plus melee always gets the shaft when we try to do both games...)

You guys can live til the 13 when I'm sure there will be another pbt brawl tourney.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
HOBO baby. :)

I plan on having some new faces play more than just Wario. :D

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Someone should host a tournament on Dec. 7th around 9:00. I have another debate tournament and this one is kind of important. The top 3 spots get bids to fly and compete in Chicago. We got it last year, but still. Winning something like this and then smashing would be nice.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
My brother just called me into the other room, apparently he wound up in a game of Left 4 Dead with UTD Zac! I guess the Internet is a small world after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom