• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dallas, I wish you all well at Oh Snap. I will be in NY, maybe going to a few Smashfests/tourneys there, dunno I will see what I can do. :)

Dizzi13

Smash Rookie
Can i make a suggestion for fridays smashfest event?

Dallas smashers is like a big dysfunctional family. So as a family, I propose that us smashers have a thanksgiving party. i know that thanksgiving is a week away, however if your like me, your gonna wanna spend time with family and camp out on black friday. So how bout everyone brings snacks or drinks to share, or pay a 2 dollar venue fee. i will be making my famous bacon fried rice., regardless. Andy are you ok if you supply the rice and lil oil? Tell me what yall think. Plus we have out of towners coming we gotta show em a good time.

ps. anyone wanna camp out with me on black friday, im thinking frys. also we're going after dinner so we might be far into the line.
bacon fried rice sounds amazing

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Can i make a suggestion for fridays smashfest event?

Dallas smashers is like a big dysfunctional family. So as a family, I propose that us smashers have a thanksgiving party. i know that thanksgiving is a week away, however if your like me, your gonna wanna spend time with family and camp out on black friday. So how bout everyone brings snacks or drinks to share, or pay a 2 dollar venue fee. i will be making my famous bacon fried rice., regardless. Andy are you ok if you supply the rice and lil oil? Tell me what yall think. Plus we have out of towners coming we gotta show em a good time.

ps. anyone wanna camp out with me on black friday, im thinking frys. also we're going after dinner so we might be far into the line.
Uhh I was planning on hosting a tourney on black friday like from waaay back but if we're just going to have a smashfest at dphats I'll just go to that.

If anyone wants to do some brawling wednesday or thursday I implore you to come over or something so we can hang out. I'm also going to be having a smashing thanksgiving so if anyone wants to spend thanksgiving with me, the dallas community is invited. I'll have pumpkin pie n turkey n whatnot, and plenty of brawl. Then yeah if I can (and dphat or anybody won't mind) I'll then have a tourney on friday. I'll also be free to smash on saturday.

KingofTheSouth33

Smash Rookie
i remember seeing something about San Angelo players on here one time.... anyone know anything about that?? im moving their to go to college would like to do some smashing

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
hah, texas wrecked in crew battles at OHsnap way to go guys!

edit: how was PBT #4?
I won singles, but it was pretty freaking close between me and KirbyKid. I really got to learn more about the DK vs Kirby matchup, but I guess I have bigger problems with other characters to worry about first.

It wasn't the same without everyone there; only 10 people showed up and the competition wasn't as fierce as it usually is when the Denton/Dallas people come. Hopefully everyone is there when PBT hosts its next Brawl tournament.

Also, me and my brother won doubles, but there were only four teams.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Nice job Jingo. Was awestin there?

Oh my god, Oh Snap was unbelievable epic. So huge, soooooo much **** by Texas. We didn't even lose half our stocks in the crew battle. Sethlon alone took off ten of theirs, everyone else who played took off a ton too.

I didn't even mind not making it super far in the bracket. Just wrecking my pool and getting to play players as good as that was so cool. Thanks to everyone who was there.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Nice job Jingo. Was awestin there?

Oh my god, Oh Snap was unbelievable epic. So huge, soooooo much **** by Texas. We didn't even lose half our stocks in the crew battle. Sethlon alone took off ten of theirs, everyone else who played took off a ton too.

I didn't even mind not making it super far in the bracket. Just wrecking my pool and getting to play players as good as that was so cool. Thanks to everyone who was there.
No, he didn't come. I expected him to be there too.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lame, I would have liked you two to duke it out for finals.

Wow, I can't believe I'm just waking up. Not getting back till 11 sucks...

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
What did 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. get at Oh Snap? I looked but I couldn't find what the rewards were.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
1st - dojo (MK)
2nd - Roy R (Marth)
3rd - Thien (Diddy)
4th - Melee 1 (IC/MK)
5th- Foursaken (DDD/MK)
5th - T-Rex (Snake)

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Texas WRECKED at Oh Snap. We accounted for so much of the bracket, it was ridiculous. We ****ed up pools and ***** the bracket.

I don't know the exact numbers, but first place should have been getting 300 or so...

Edit: Haha this is Angel on HonKY's account. Forgot he was still logged in.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone record any sets? I hope there are a lot because I'd really like to watch them. With a tournament that big, I'm sure there were a lot of great matches.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Holy crap, that's a lot of money.

Jingo, I'm pretty sure semis, finals and grand finals were recorded, they should be up pretty soon.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^I would say learning to drive manual is like learning captain falcon, but after getting ***** by Roy R's falcon, I can't say that anymore.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess I am, unless anyone says otherwise. I'm having an official tourney friday and/or saturday. You can come whenever on wednesday thursday or friday. I'll be providing good thanksgiving food on thursday (none of that pizza popcorn junk) and then junk food on wednesday friday and saturday. Junk food = Popcorn, pizza, bagels, soft drinks, and tobasco sauce. And of course anything else thats cheap, tasty, and you request it. You may sleep over any of the days except saturday, that is to say you can sleep over friday night, but not saturday night. (BRING A SLEEPING BAG)

My house will be open all week except tuesday and sunday. I'll have 2 tvs at my house, so I'd really apreciate if other people could bring tvs. Both of my tv's will be big screened and high def, so atleast I got quality if not quantity. Also I'd apreciate it if anyone could bring some foldable lawn chairs or something. I have plenty of space, just er, not enough chairs. Food would also be appreciated. I'll probably be buying a ton of frozen pizzas and those huge bags of popcorn like the ones Shuz brought in from his job working at the animal clinic 2 weeks ago.

Bring 1$ or 2$ friday and/or saturday.

My number is

972-897-8449.

Contact me please.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
If you want energy donkey bong try crystal meth
also yeah i wanted to play u jingo joe at pbt but skools gettin pretty intense right now BUT im glad u won
also GOOD JOB PLACING AT OH SNAP MELEE AND FOURSAKEN!!!(and everyone else :))

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
If you want energy donkey bong try crystal meth
also yeah i wanted to play u jingo joe at pbt but skools gettin pretty intense right now BUT im glad u won
also GOOD JOB PLACING AT OH SNAP MELEE AND FOURSAKEN!!!(and everyone else :))
School is more important than Brawl, but I think everyone who was at PBT will agree that it would of been more interesting with you there.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Someone Tell Me If This Is True
Is
Duggfinn
A Chick???
also yeah i wanted to play u again joe but i guess itll hafta wait a bit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom