• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
this new AT better not be what PhoenixAlpha is suggesting it is.

if it makes me switch my main from DK i'ma be a pissed panda

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Well, I wanted to hold a tourney here at UNT next week since there's not really a scene on campus and I wanted to get something going. If anyone is wanting to get some Brawl in, you're more than welcome to come. If anyone is interested, I'll post the info.

Edit: Shut up TJ, you main Ice Climbers. Sonic is ****.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
looks like theres about an 1 and 30 minutes until we release it... Just trying to hype it up a little..

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
this new AT better not be what PhoenixAlpha is suggesting it is.

if it makes me switch my main from DK i'ma be a pissed panda
Yeah, I later asked him about that again and this was the conversation:

can everyone perform it?
it also helps dk out alot
Yet it will **** him over?
so dont worry
i was kidding
it will help more than it will hurt dk
The thing is, I don't know how much Melee1 actually knows about DK or his mechanics. I'm also not sure how "game-changing" this AT really is. It could still hurt DK (or any character for that matter) badly, so we'll just have to wait and see.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'm literally ****ing bricks right now.

And to avoid confusion, those asterisks aren't blocking a word that starts with F.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a bad disk... It could take an additional hour. Im not trying to take credit for this technique, im just trying to make a use of it so people can use it. Im sure several smashers have done it but we cant find it nowhere... But no one does it and me and d4ba believe if done correctly it can give great stage control... Lets see what people can do with it.. Its still going to be a while.. Sorry guys.. Regardless its still very useful...

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the vid wont be ready until tomorrow. Just having trouble with converting..Sorry Dallas:( Think of it as a thanksgiving present... I vote no MK ban at rudys...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This will be funny if it's pivot walking. Or something really well known.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping this is something groundbreaking, but I'm almost positive it's not given this kind of buildup.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
does anyone play any online games? I'm super bored lately and wanting to unleash my competitive side.
so far I'm playing a online card game called Altiel, and SFII Turbo HD REMIX~!. It's not fun when you cant see the face of the player your **** wrecking, or have a mental image of their face. =D

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we could have like a huge pbt sometime? I don't think my place or dphats is big enough to hold 50+ people.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
does anyone play any online games? I'm super bored lately and wanting to unleash my competitive side.
so far I'm playing a online card game called Altiel, and SFII Turbo HD REMIX~!. It's not fun when you cant see the face of the player your **** wrecking, or have a mental image of their face. =D
I play Brawl online a lot, but of course that lags a lot. I also played Halo 3 for a while.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Happy thanksgiving Dallas! A few things to address...

Ruddy's friday! Lets do it! $1 or $5, MK ban or no MK ban. It's your tournament...tell us how YOU want to run it. Otherwise, let me influence you on my favorite rule-set.

Melee1's "AT": The AT isn't gamebreaking like wavedashing. However, it does give many characters more options with stage control than others.

Upcoming PBT: Don't say stuff unless you PM/talk to KirbyKid in the first place about brawl/melee. Doing so confuses lots of players including myself. As far as I know, it's a melee tournament only.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Uhh lets do 1$ (unless you want to influence me otherwise damien?) and uh, mk ban friday but no mk ban saturday? Back to back tournies with and without mk ban could bring up some interesting results. What do you think though? I really don't want to decide on something that the general assembly is opposed to.

Oh and happy thanksgiving everyone. If anyone doesn't have any thanksgiving plans, you're welcome to come over any time for turkey and pumpkin pie (and of course brawl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom