• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Double negative ftw?

And does anybody find it ironic that metaknight himself has the most attacks that will break a 'nado?

Do Mario's cape or Pit's Mirror Shield cancel/counter/block/dodge (read: prevent getting damaged by) the Tornado?
Marios Cape actually just reverses and pop the Tornado up. However, that is still useful, so I thought I would put it in the list. Pits Mirror Shield does nothing.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Isn't this still incomplete because there are some moves that still aren't categorized with colors?

Might have been asked before sorry if it was just don't feel like reading trough the pages atm.

Ulevo

Smash Master
As Sonic, I've Fsmashed and Baired him out of it, actually.
Sonic's jab can stop it too. lol
FSmash clanks with it most of the time. Bair needs to be hit with the top end, and is too difficult to perform that way. You're out to lunch if you think Sonics Jab works.

Isn't this still incomplete because there are some moves that still aren't categorized with colors?

Might have been asked before sorry if it was just don't feel like reading trough the pages atm.
The regular white text just suggests the move in question breaks the front of the Tornado. I didn't list that since I felt it would be common sense.

You also forgot to add that DKs f-air can take him out of the tornado too. Not exactly sure how effective it is though, but it works.
I didn't forget it, I left it out. It is too slow to merit use.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You're out to lunch if you think Sonics Jab works.
Yeah. Sonic's jab would only work when the tornado is on the ground and you barely hit the tornado -- just its hitbox -- which will cause MK to quickly stop the tornado, but without getting hurt. Any attack will do this, really, and it only happens when the 'nado's on the ground.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
talk to me about dedede. mostly attacking the top of the tornado with an aerial. should I try to like fly higher than him and try to hit a spot in particular to go through with bair? must i fastfall at some point? do i try to hit towards the middle of his nade?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Using Diddy Kong, I have beaten it with bair once. It hit directly in the center of the tornado, and only the very tip of diddy's leg hit. Haven't been able to recreate it since.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Where is Sonic's Fsmash and Dsmash? @_@

The Fsmash must have Sonic's fist connect with the lower aprt of the tornado. Same with the Dsmash (second swing back)

I am very sure from testing it.

If you are clanking its probably because you are hitting with the tip of the fist so you aren't reaching the actual hurtbox.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This list is dumb... half the moves you have listed for Wario will only work situationally or if the MK is either starting up the nado or presses B a whopping one time. The only moves of Wario's that consistently beat it are ftilt, if you can predict the nado (it's too slow to stop it if you start doing it after the nado is out) and his divebomb dair through the middle :\

Bike Parts don't work, nado takes you off the bike, fsmash only works at the very beginning or if you somehow superarmor it, etc etc.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I seriously doubt Wario's tires will go through tornado. They get beat by normal, low priority attacks, so why they beat out tornado is beyond me. Are you sure you are testing these attacks at the optimal time? Cause I also cannot believe Dsmash would hit MK out of tornado reliably. He would have to be pretty low for the hit box to reach him.

Ulevo

Smash Master
olimar's nair goes through the tornado in the corner and top i'm pretty sure
I doubt it, but I'll test it later.

You are still missing a bunch for Diddy:
Side B (both the hump and the kick)
B-Air
Rocket Barrels
Side B doesn't work. I don't know how many times I've been told it does, and I've restested it for confirmation. But it simply doesn't unfortunately. At least not from the front, which is realistically the only way you could use it. Bair does not work either.

I tried to get Rocket Barrel to work, and I couldn't, but even if it could, I can't see it being applicable due to how difficult it is to use.

I'm wondering why you have utilt, but not usmash...
That's because it would be a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

talk to me about dedede. mostly attacking the top of the tornado with an aerial. should I try to like fly higher than him and try to hit a spot in particular to go through with bair? must i fastfall at some point? do i try to hit towards the middle of his nade?
The best methods for Dedede to combat the Tornado are to either...

A) DTilt. This works really well I find, and is a fast attack.

B) Use DSmash for kills if you can pull it off. It comes out relatively quick, and kills Meta Knight at very low percent. Not as easy to pull off as DTilt, but easy enough if you have good reaction.

C)Use Bair on the upper corners of the Nado, via SH Bair or fast fall Bair from high up. If Meta Knight manages to get you in the Nado, and he brings you upwards with it, hit him on the way down with a Bair. This will cancel any second Nado coming your way, or it will hit him anyway. If he doesn't carry you up, he is vulnerable.

D) Shield, and either grab if he finishes close, or FTilt if he lands far. If you can't hit him via FTilt, you're a safe distance away and can find another method to approach him.

E) UTilt him if he ever uses it on platforms, or if he is too high up with Tornado.

ZSS's Down B ALWAYS gets through the tornado.
I don't believe it does unless it goes through the top. Even in that instance, it may be too situational. I'll relook into it.

This list is dumb... half the moves you have listed for Wario will only work situationally or if the MK is either starting up the nado or presses B a whopping one time. The only moves of Wario's that consistently beat it are ftilt, if you can predict the nado (it's too slow to stop it if you start doing it after the nado is out) and his divebomb dair through the middle :\

Bike Parts don't work, nado takes you off the bike, fsmash only works at the very beginning or if you somehow superarmor it, etc etc.
Bike Parts I'm almost positive work. I remember them working for me on a number of occasions. But I'll humour you and recheck. FSmash has SA, and is quite fast on start up. It just needs spacing. Nado won't take you off the Bike if you wheely, but looking at it now that may be too impractical. And DSmash comes out fast just like FSmash, and does work.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No, buts its still good to know what your options are when you get an opponent that uses it alot.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's Nayru's Love can go through it as well if timed correctly or if you fall inside the tornado after slightly DI'ing out of the top of it. Just thought I'd put that in there. =D

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said yet, and since I'm not reading 13 pages to find out I'm just going to say that with this opening...
I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK I LEFT OUT A MOVE THAT IS OBVIOUSLY USELESS. NO ONE CARES IF WARLOCK PUNCH BEATS MACH TORNADO. GIVE ME BETTER RESPONSES IF YOU REALLY THINK I MISSED SOMETHING, AND PROVIDE LOGICAL REASON FOR ADDING IT HERE.
...you would think the person writing would choose not to include Gannondorf's UTilt as an attack that could beat the Mach Tornado. I mean, as tournament-useable as that move is, it might not belong in this thread, either.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach's ;) Winky Turnip also out-prioritizes the tornado too. Plus it's also way more common.
My addition was ignored. If you're going to include the rare stitchface as a counter, why not the much more common winky?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Just a quick one:

I thought Sonic's fsmash could hit MK out of nado.
Its really hard to, lol. I spent like 20 mins testing with Kinzer, and I couldnt get it to do more than clang, although I did it in a match a couple of times for some reason. I think perhaps it only works with aerial tornados or off of a charged fsmash?

Anyways, your better off using homing attack anyways, if your lined up with the top of the nado, you'll hit him out like a gagillion percent of the time from my testing, lol.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Side B doesn't work. I don't know how many times I've been told it does, and I've restested it for confirmation. But it simply doesn't unfortunately. At least not from the front, which is realistically the only way you could use it. Bair does not work either.
Watch for Side-B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3kcnBfVwB0
Watch for Barrels (barrels are ineffective, but if one gets lose and randomly hits MK, it will break nado):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uMS2d3Oaw&feature=related
And you could just trust me on the B-air <.<

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't know if this has been said yet, and since I'm not reading 13 pages to find out I'm just going to say that with this opening...
I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK I LEFT OUT A MOVE THAT IS OBVIOUSLY USELESS. NO ONE CARES IF WARLOCK PUNCH BEATS MACH TORNADO. GIVE ME BETTER RESPONSES IF YOU REALLY THINK I MISSED SOMETHING, AND PROVIDE LOGICAL REASON FOR ADDING IT HERE.
...you would think the person writing would choose not to include Gannondorf's UTilt as an attack that could beat the Mach Tornado. I mean, as tournament-useable as that move is, it might not belong in this thread, either.
That was a mistake. It was supposed to be USmash.

Watch for Side-B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3kcnBfVwB0
Watch for Barrels (barrels are ineffective, but if one gets lose and randomly hits MK, it will break nado):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uMS2d3Oaw&feature=related
And you could just trust me on the B-air <.<
That is on grounded Tornados only, which are almost never present in a real match. Most Tornados are slightly levitated, giving Meta Knight more priority, making Side B next to impossible, or very impractical.

And no, I can't take your word on the Bair. :p

My addition was ignored. If you're going to include the rare stitchface as a counter, why not the much more common winky?
Because the winky turnip doesn't work. And to reconfirm, I just tested again.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That is on grounded Tornados only, which are almost never present in a real match. Most Tornados are slightly levitated, giving Meta Knight more priority, making Side B next to impossible, or very impractical.

And no, I can't take your word on the Bair.
You know Diddy can jump to elevate himself, right? Thats like saying: great, bananas work, but what MK is going to tornado on the same plane as Diddy Kong? Of course Diddy can just jump and throw the banana, just like he can jump and do the Side-B.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Because the winky turnip doesn't work. And to reconfirm, I just tested again.
Eww, really? I could have sworn...
Maybe it was another face. I'll go do some quick testing.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, so after some tests ;) turnip merely cancels it.

It's the Ditto-face turnip that breaks through.

Also the bomb-omb.

And the beamsword thrown and its fsmash both cut through.

Peach just has to get lucky. :bee:

Zujira

Smash Apprentice
Falcon kick can get through nado? Only one thing to say about that.

YESZ!

leonin

Smash Cadet
I believe that dedede's Fair can break mach tornado,but not always and requires timing.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
You included Forward tilt for Pit to stop the tornado.
Some Other things I've realized work

D-tilt seems to be the best, It's faster than F-tilt and has the same range horizontally. But if they are too high it will not work.

Second slash of Forward smash works if it's timed. Doesn't work well if they aren't expecting it.

Nair Along with Dair works if they are at the top of the tornado.

U-air works if Mk is above, but that's unlikely.

Also His D-smash works like his D-tilt, but not if they are too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom