• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You're missing something on your list.

Ness:
PK Flash cancels out Meta Knight's Tornado.
Baseball Bat either knocks Meta Knight out of his Tornado or doesn't affect his Tornado.
PKT2 does nothing to Meta Knight's Tornado. I thought I'd go ahead and point this out in case someone else wanted to try this.
PKT can stop Meta Knight's Tornado if he's hit from above while using his Tornado.

I know some of this is probably useless to you, but it's not like it's impossible.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
i think FLUDD and water gun push MK away, sometimes the MK even dies because the water pushed him off the stage and he enters in a free fall state

Ulevo

Smash Master
You're missing something on your list.

Ness:
PK Flash cancels out Meta Knight's Tornado.
Baseball Bat either knocks Meta Knight out of his Tornado or doesn't affect his Tornado.
PKT2 does nothing to Meta Knight's Tornado. I thought I'd go ahead and point this out in case someone else wanted to try this.
PKT can stop Meta Knight's Tornado if he's hit from above while using his Tornado.

I know some of this is probably useless to you, but it's not like it's impossible.
The purpose of the thread is to compile useful and effective attacks that beat the MT. PK Flash has hard enough of a time finding use in a regular match. The rest either do not work or simply aren't useful enough to warrant posting.

Yeah what happened to his up tilt
Nothing "happened" to his Utilt. I haven't got around to doing the vertical moves yet, since those are the ones I need a partner for and my current one is MIA. I'll get to it, don't worry.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Great thread. TL's dair is hilarious on nado-spammers on Wifi. First hit cancels Tornado, and you bop them again on the head while they figure out what happened.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario's FLUDD should be added to the list, but FLUDD is kinda wacky when it comes to priority.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
can zelda's a attack really beet the tornado i have never thought about using that move that is very shocking

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
You Forgot

What about peaches turnips.

I cant say for sure, its seemingly random if they override it :confused:

I know they will if they are above him though. Please try it.

:)

infomon

Smash Scientist
I can't try it now, but I'd assume this would only be useful through the top of the tornado, where MK is vulnerable to anything (like a good Dair). If you were actually able to rest the hitbox on the sides of the tornado, it would be useless.... if anything, if the tornado's on the ground it would get MK out of the 'nado instantly (without hurting him) so he can go punish you harder than the tornado would have lol.

But a rest through the top would be a pretty sweet way to kill metaknights :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
What about peaches turnips.

I cant say for sure, its seemingly random if they override it :confused:

I know they will if they are above him though. Please try it.

:)
Any move can beat the tornado from above. Its the true weakspot of the move.

If you want to be picky, about your last line, you need to angle your shield up to protect yourself from the entire move.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi's Pivot Grab and Up-smash easily beat it. Egg Roll can sometimes beat it... but it's sometimes random. It may depend on Yoshi's speed in the egg.

N-air can also beat it if used from above.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I just finished revising all the attacks for frontal confrontations as well as ones when above Meta Knight, and starred them appropriately based on in game experiences with the specific attacks. Please note I still need to do ones from below, which I currently have only done two attacks (both for Ivysaur) mainly because I made an observation as I was testing.

Anyway, from the way it looks during testing, there seem to be four parts to the Tornado. Three if you want to be a stickler, but four works. The first area is underneath the Mach Tornado, at Meta Knights feet. The second is directly in front of Meta Knights feet to about the top of his hands; essentially the front of the Tornado. The third is the upper corners of the Tornado where it extends outwards and loses priority (technically this is just the top of the Tornado that is easily accessible from the front by some attacks, such as Sheiks Bair). The fourth is directly overtop the Tornado, where it has the lowest priority.

What I plan on doing is color coding the list of attacks for each one that can go through which part of the Tornado, so in the end I have a complete list. Reason being is because attacks such as Samus Zair are very useful against the Tornado, however only if used on the upper end of the Tornado (it doesn't pass through it in the front), so it is difficult to tell exactly how each attack should be used just by stating its usefulness with a rank.

In Gimpys example, you probably beat the Tornado by using it in the upper corner where its hitbox is thin with the Nair and Bair. The Bair would be especially useful for that, even though it normally could never go through the Tornado head on, and it isn't as useful as the Nair for attacking directly up top.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I have a few questions about the data for zss.

Where did ZSS's f-smash go?
It always seems to stop the tornado but not damage MK
Same with her neutral B and armor pieces.
If you include the armor pieces shouldn't these 2 also be included?

F-tilt will do the same as armor and f-smash but not at the tip so it would be **
The tip of the f-B always seems to break the tornado and hit MK, Imo it should be **

EDIT: I'll leave these here, but I think I can see where you are coming from now. You should really include in the OP that if you stop pressing b, the tornado weakens considerably

Ulevo

Smash Master
I have a few questions about the data for zss.

Where did ZSS's f-smash go?
It always seems to stop the tornado but not damage MK
Same with her neutral B and armor pieces.
If you include the armor pieces shouldn't these 2 also be included?

F-tilt will do the same as armor and f-smash but not at the tip so it would be **
The tip of the f-B always seems to break the tornado and hit MK, Imo it should be **

EDIT: I'll leave these here, but I think I can see where you are coming from now. You should really include in the OP that if you stop pressing b, the tornado weakens considerably
I am not including any attacks that clank with the Tornado. Only ones that beat it and damage Meta Knight. They also have to be easy to execute and reliable (which the FSmash for ZSS wasn't) or have a huge payoff to warrant the use.

In any case, I'm done the list for the attacks below Meta Knight. It took very little time and I got it done quickly. I'm just going to color code some more and make a few edits here and there to the information and OP.

infomon

Smash Scientist
All of the *** are fairly easy to land given most situations. Most of the ** are as well.
Ugh, I spent way too long staring at that, wondering what the heck you had written under the word-filter :urg:

And yeah ok, but the tornado is best used at close range anyway; it gives MK a huuge advantage in close-range combat. :(

Great list tho, it's deffo good to have this.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
How does PK Thunder (Ness) clank/knock meta out of the tornado? unless your talking about tailwhipping it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ugh, I spent way too long staring at that, wondering what the heck you had written under the word-filter :urg:

And yeah ok, but the tornado is best used at close range anyway; it gives MK a huuge advantage in close-range combat. :(

Great list tho, it's deffo good to have this.
Thank you. :p

I do understand what you mean though. That is why most Pivot Grabs are ***. They allow the player to run away from the Tornado while grabbing Meta Knight out of it very effectively.

And if anyone has any overly simplistic questions about how x attack beats Tornado because they refused to read the OP, I am not responding to them. Please ask me within reason that isn't common sense.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this isn't finished - bowser can klaw him out of the nado and i've broken it with sheik's soft neutral AND soft back air - those ones i'm not so sure should be included but the klaw can be absolutely.

its really hard - but i've done it before enough times to put it on here.

Ulevo

Smash Master
this isn't finished - bowser can klaw him out of the nado and i've broken it with sheik's soft neutral AND soft back air - those ones i'm not so sure should be included but the klaw can be absolutely.

its really hard - but i've done it before enough times to put it on here.
I did forget the Klaw, thanks for pointing that out. As for Sheik, in order for the attack to beat it, it has to go through the upper corner or top of the Tornado, which as you can see, Nair has already been listed for. As for the Bair however, it simply is too difficult or impossible to use on the front or upper corner for me to list it here, and is inferior and too difficult compared to Nair when attempting to use it over the top, simply because of the way the hitbox is and how much easier Nair is to use with a similar pay off.

Funky things happen in Brawl Gimpy, particularly with Meta Knights Nado. Unless the move is reliable enough to break the Tornado consistently, or has a huge pay off for it (Klaw), I'm not going to bother listing it-- even if it did break the Tornado that one time in a blue moon during friendlies or down at joe blows tourney.

This list isn't not subject to change. If someone points out something, I will correct it or look into it. But it's pretty much as complete as it will get, and people shouldn't expect to have major updates for it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Wow, this thread is full of so much awesomeness.... thanks for making it. It proves that MK isn't as invincible as a lot of people make him out to be.

Just an observation, but it seems like all projectiles cancel out the tornado. Does this mean that items will cancel as well? I don't play with items, but I was just curious.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Wow, this thread is full of so much awesomeness.... thanks for making it. It proves that MK isn't as invincible as a lot of people make him out to be.

Just an observation, but it seems like all projectiles cancel out the tornado. Does this mean that items will cancel as well? I don't play with items, but I was just curious.
Actually, the Tornado cancels out a lot of projectiles. Pits Arrows, Dins Fire in most circumstances, Waddle Dees, Link and T. Link Arrows, Mario Bros Fire Balls, Turnips, et cetera. It depends on the projectile.

As for items, I would assume most of them do, since most of them are stupidly powerful (bat, bomb-omb, smart bomb). I could update the list with items that go through it I suppose.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ah, ok then. I meant saying that all projectiles stop it more as a question than a statement, but I didn't word it right. XD

Yeah, I guess a list for items would really help out the few people who use items.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Peach's ;) Winky Turnip also out-prioritizes the tornado too. Plus it's also way more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom