• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Rumble Falls as a counterpick? I'm pretty sure that's universally banned lol.

Great guide btw, very thorough.

Smash Apprentice
In your livin' on the edge section, you may want to add that if a person is just hanging on the edge, a sh dair will always meteor them. Not that anyone ever hangs around on edges w/o invincibility frames for fun, but whatever.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
In your livin' on the edge section, you may want to add that if a person is just hanging on the edge, a sh dair will always meteor them. Not that anyone ever hangs around on edges w/o invincibility frames for fun, but whatever.
Highly situational, and unprofessional lol.

Smash Apprentice
Highly situational, and unprofessional lol.
I know. But it works. It isn't my place to decide whether or not someone uses a highly situational thingie, it is merely my place to post said highly situational thingie and to make sure that that information is known. If you think that I run around trying to autocancel dairs for kicks and giggles, you're wrong. I was merely providing information to the Marth boards in the attempt to better them. Witholding information would be unprofessional, and, IMO, kinda stupid (what if someone wins using it? Highly unlikely, but it could happen).

Go ahead, don't use it. I wouldn't suggest it. It is, as you said, highly situational (I beg to differ on the unprofessional, however; if I want the tourny prize there ain't much in game I wouldn't do). However, it is an option, and all options should be evaluated.

Ah, but enough arguing. I want a chimichanga.

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for making this guide man. There were many things that I didn't know about Marth's metagame before reading it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I stalk Steel all the time. I just can't help it. :)

And why do people keep bumping this when I haven't updated it yet? I know it needs to be done, and I've been really busy, but sheesh. :confused:

feardragon64

Smash Champion
**** straight it is. I'm tired of working when I'm not supposed to.

I should have this weekend off.

Instead I am entering in invoices to a program dated back to April 1st this year. Accounting sucks. :ohwell:
lmao it's ok man. Take your time. =b Life>smash
*waits for sarcastic responses*

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yeah Ulevo, just get yours done and straight.

@Fear: You'll get none of that from me, it seems around this time of year life is more hands-on, that's why I think our board is running a little dry...

Prepare for Marth 2009.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Alright, it would seem some coincidental circumstances have given me the opportunity to update this. So I'm going to do it right now before anything else gets my life going.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
SH to side-b to

F-air on heavier chars

D-air for a sometimes spike

U-air on lighter chars.

Is this discovered? if not, put it in your guide, it racks up insane damage.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Ledge Fairing:

While snapped to a ledge, if a Marth user taps away from the stage on the analog stick while immediately following with a Fair using the C Stick, Marth will perform a retreating Fair where the disjointed hit box passes through the ledge. This is a very good anti edge guarding tactic, and will almost always sweet spot the tip of the blade if it connects with an enemy waiting on stage too closely.
I don't know if this is useful or helpful but i think you should add that it is also possible to do a retreating Uair from the ledge, which will mostly tipper as well, and still recover with DS.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Are you sure Marth isn't a PRINCESS from Altea?

Out of curiosity, since you gave a description of him I wanted to ask, How many Fire Emblem games are there and who starred on the other ones?

Or... where are Roy and Ike from? (I think they are Fire Emblem too)

You also misspelled hitboxes in the first description of Marth too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth: Fire Emblem 1 (NES), 3 (SNES), and now the new one on the DS which is considered the 11th.

Roy: Fire Emblem 6 (GBA, japan only but 'translated'), his father who briefly features in the game (Eliwood) is the main hero of Fire Emblem 7 (GBA, officially released), who Roy has a brief cameo in.

Ike: Fire Emblem 9 (GameCube) and 10 (Wii)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom