• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Define noob

POKE40

Smash Lord
n00b:
anyone who does not know how to recover/ dodge/ jump.
Better version: anyone waving their wiimote trying to attack

anyone who johns about "I'm just warming up"
believes tiers don't exisit. It like believing there is no such thing as air.

Splice

Smash Hero
Noob In Brawl - Falco Side-B off the edge,
Spams (All the time)
Thinks they know alot but don't or just has no idea about game mechanics
Suicides a lot
Me playing as Snake or Bowser

Afropony

Smash Lord
Noob In Brawl - Falco Side-B off the edge,
Spams (All the time)
Thinks they know alot but don't or just has no idea about game mechanics
Suicides a lot
Me playing as Snake or Bowser
I dont think that spamming defines a noob. I think someone who can't get passed spamming is a noob.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
A noob is somone who hasn't used the pichu-slapping-his-butt-and-taunting-you gif as an avatar or signature at some point in their internet career.

Discussion over.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
my defenition of noob is the one who plays with smash balls only on skyworld and mostly doesnt know what he is doing or using a character like kirby and then spam rock and final cutter
or other ways to terrorize the players who actually worked hard to get good

Yuan Ka-Fai

Smash Rookie
According to UrbanDictionary.com...
II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of disrespect toward them, and it's often hella funny, but I will refer to them as noobs during this reading.

* Usually the topic at hand on an internet forum.

B. COMMON NOOB CHARACTERISTICS

I. Noobish
Often, but not always, noobs will attempt to communicate in their own primitive language, known as "n00bish." It is a variant of the hacker language that exposes them as having little intelligence or will to learn. Here is an example of some noobish. Do not attempt to comprehend it: it cannot be discerned without professionals at hand.

stFU /../..an, i r teh r0xx0rz liek emin3m, u cna go tO EHLL OR ATLE4St help m3 wit hthIS!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

Although you may find this unbelievably funny and/or annoying, it is best to restrain yourself and keep from talking back to them, as they are very territorial and easily angered. This will result in their attempted verbal abuse of you, possibly backed up by other noobs, because they work in packs when doing offensive tasks. It is not an easy task to learn this language because our intelligent accent will keep it from sounding quite right when spoken. You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly.

II. Where to find n00bs
On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies. THE BANNER HAMMER is one form of authority.

Larger colonies can result in the mutation of some into spammers. Not commercial spammers, but pointless spammers. A noob can become one of these at any point, but the larger the amount of noobs, the more chance pointless spammers will appear.

Off the internet, noobs appear anywhere the focus is on learning or discussing something specific.
Sorry if it's too long :( But i found this, and most definitions on the site to be VERY funny.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
-Anyone who uses items
-Anyone who johns
-Anyone who doesn't know recovering, dodging, shielding aerials and tilts exist
-Anyone who think MK is broken
-Anyone who believes in the word broken period.
-95% of AiB
-Anyone who counterpicks Japes, Norfair, or Green Greens
-Anyone who still gets stuck under FD
-Anyone that that actually thinks SSE is fun
-Olimar

:]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
-Anyone who uses items
-Anyone who johns
-Anyone who doesn't know recovering, dodging, shielding aerials and tilts exist
-Anyone who think MK is broken
-Anyone who believes in the word broken period.
-95% of AiB
-Anyone who counterpicks Japes, Norfair, or Green Greens
-Anyone who still gets stuck under FD
-Anyone that that actually thinks SSE is fun

:]
There ARE broken characters in fighting games, so the word broken does have validity

JOE!

Smash Hero
Newb/Newbie = new player.

Noob = clueless person who believes any of the following:

2) That chaingrabs are cheap/glitches

I dont find them necesarilly glitches, but I find it kinda cheap that some characters are punsihed just for being that character vs character X, of no fault of the player (outside of counter-pick)

3) That they are the best *insert character here*
Soooo, is M2K a noob?
just some food for thought :p

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
According to UrbanDictionary.com...

Sorry if it's too long :( But i found this, and most definitions on the site to be VERY funny.
Something they should have added: Noobs don't always have to be beginners. Playing Monster Hunter online, one would still occasionally come across a Hunter Rank 20 (max) noob. They thought they knew what was best, when in reality their tactics / ideas pretty much were inaccurate, or just plain stunk.

.Marik

is a social misfit
A n00b is someone who sucks, is a scrub, and won't admit they suck. They are usually very ignorant.

A newb is just simply someone who is new. They are learning, and usually dedicate themselves to get better. Being a newb is not a bad thing, it just means you need to improve.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Ah person that would say this to you.

n00b: I could beat you at brawl! I'm the best there is! I can beat a level 9 with kirby by just using rock. Haha you suck!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
A noob is a player who is cocky and over confident- keep saying how they are the best, lose most of their matches, and john.

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Someone who loses and then works there *** off to make silly claims of the character he lost to.

"WTF U BET MAH WITHZ NUS U BIZ!!!11!!"??

Top Bottom